PS1

Turns out I'm a massive faggot and I missed out on the best ps1 titles. Here's what I have yet to play and I wish for some help for choosing what's the best out of the bunch, what aged the best and simply what will give me the most fun.

Xenogears
FFIX
Suikoden 2
The legend of Dragoon
Front Mission 2/3
Breath of Fire 4 (also on PC, is the port any good?)
Symphony of the Night

Wow man you missed out, at least you're goin for it now.
Heres some of the best games to play on PlayStation 1
>Tomba
>jersey devil
>ape escape
>tekken 3
>soul reaver
>PaRappa the Rapper
>ghost in the shell
>metal gear solid
>tony hawk pro skater 2
>gran turismo 2
>spyro
>crash bandicoot
Go in that order you'll love every game and discover more games to play.

I just more or less missed out on RPGs.
From your list I played Tomba, Tekken 3 (and also 2), THPS2 (and 3), Gran Turismo 2 (I actually prefer GT1 and its my favorite racing game ever), all Spyros and all Crash games.

I got into Soul Reaver finally a month ago but my save file got corrupted 4 hours in. Its very repetitive and dull but I love the atmosphere and I found impaling the demons to be more satisfying than anything in video games from the last year or two.

I just need to gather the strenght to start again. Maybe even emulate the dreamcast version because its supposedly best looking.

I'm just very picky with jRPGs. All the ones I enjoyed were simply due to the atmosphere, they are all dull story-wise. I am afraid that everything on my list is the same with generic tropes but I am willing to be proven wrong.

I just want a story to pull me in and to make me feel engaged with its storytelling to the point of actually caring and giving a fuck about what comes next. I want suspense.

nobody else?

Tales of Destiny 2 US

Azure Dreams is pretty good

You're a massive faggot because you call it ps1

for fun
>SOTN
for an adventure
>legend of dragoon
will take much longer but its fantastic rpg

You're a massive faggot because this is what the PSX is now.

It's the PSone you niggers

still have it, the story is fuckin magical. unlike any other game ive encountered.
but also i have nostalgia goggles so..

Saga Frontier 2

user you are making me want to replay it now

front mission 2 has the best story characters and arts in the series but the difficulty is pretty high. its one of the hardest ps1 games and the load time during battles will put you off. its very long and incredibly stressful. tho the digital one on psn store, at least jp store, is improved.

fm 3 is not so serious and atmospheric but very good if you like anime like patlabor evangelion some cyberpunk shit etc also its a pretty vaporwave game. it has a "futuristic network society"gimmick/early 90s aesthetics

I really liked Suikoden one , don't think it should be skipped over desu

you missed so much i honestly can't even begin to tell you what you need to play
but i can say you are a fuckwit for not having Vagrant Story because that game is a masterwork
ALSO MOTHERFUCKING ALUNDRA ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE WITH AN UNMATCHED STORY THAT DELVES INTO THE MEANING OF DREAMS AND THE GAME IS SCARY AS SHIT ITS FUCKING 10 / 10 NIGGA

pic related, it's like a zelda game but with jumping and a dark story

>Vagrant Story
Seconding this. Played it just a year or so ago and it was fantastic and unfinished, tedious at times and generally pretty flawed but I still loved the style and unique mechanics a lot.
Have fun with the crafting system.

Man, PS1 and PS2 were fucking great.

Everything started going to shit with PS3.

Played Vagrant Story already. Didn't finish it, gave up 20 hours in due to incredibly slugish menus that are absolutely required to enter to even fart in the game. The game is wasted potential and the saddest thing is that it's wasted by the smallest fucking things.

SaGa Frontier 1 and 2. Don't expect a traditional JRPG if you've never played a SaGa game before.