Square Enix: "We will focus on Switch more than Scorpio"

>Notes that 2017 has Nintendo Switch, Xbox Scorpio, Windows 10 game mode and google's Tango
>Out of all of these Square Enix is focusing most on Nintendo Switch

>This part about Switch is interesting. Matsuda said that having more platforms is good for content creators, therefore he would like Switch to be successful. He also wants more titles in development and existing ones to be ported to Switch if they're possible/feasible.

trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/column/16/021400099/032900007/

Scorpio.......never had a chance.....

did anyone seriously expect scorpio was going to get games

Scorpio could be a god-like machine but it doesn't have support of devs/games, so it's just going to fail exactly how XBONE did.

PC/Sony/Nintendo is the way forward.

>FFXiV for the switch.
>potatoe amiibos everywhere

xboners on suicide watch no hope for games this year

>slow ass outdated mmo
>on switch

yeah nah

Was it ever a suprise though? They should push all focus on PC and their Windows 10 exclusives.

>He also wants more titles in development and existing ones to be ported to Switch if they're possible/feasible
And people say it wouldn't have any third party support. Sup Forums was wrong again.

>xbone
>fail

What? The console has sold a ridiculous amount, especially for it's terrible reception. Even if it isn't PS4 numbers, they've still got a fuck ton of consoles out and enough to warrant them making Scorpio.

If the Xbone failed then the WiiU never existed and Nintendo are dead in the water.

keep your lazy ass ports for yourself.

square enix is shit. drones will wait for an eternity for quality software while the rest of us actually play games

So what the fuck happened to all the Ninty/Xbox alliance shitposters?
It has ALWAYS been Nintendo and Sony. Xbox was literally only ever relevant when Sony fucked up last gen.

Brand loyalty at launch window, and normies with friends who play COD/FIFA is the only target though.

Enjoy your 1000 sales.

people still play Square games?

>jap company will focus more on jap console instead of console that barely sells 200 units in the motherland
#wow
#whoa

What's with Sup Forums's hateboner towards the Switch?

The only people who play Xbox are American Highschool kids. This should come as a surprise to nobody.

I don't want the only handheld to be a fucking tablet.

No shit, Xbox is more popular with GenZ than Playstation; google announced this recently after a study. Once that generation reaches aroun 18 years and above in age, MS could possibly see a spike in sales happen.

In the past 3 years I've put more playtime into FfXIV and FFRK than any other game.

>quality over quantity

What else would it be?

>tfw Oreo is more popular than Playstation

> FF XI for Switch

It's more like they will outgrow their "Dude, games" phase and acquire nonshit tastes.

Well it helps that Nintendo actually has an audience in Japan. Slap DQ games on that shit and they'll sell

How convenient for google that 3 of their brands are part of the top 10 of the study they've made

>The console has sold a ridiculous amount

26 million. That's a huge flop when their last system sold nearly 100.

Wait is this gonna be a mobile offline version, or the online version?

If this is a going to be a mobile offline version then as much as I wanted to avoid the Switch because of the Wii U I will cave.

>tablet
it has actual physical controls though

Yeah, that's over 10 years.

Football, did you say football?

I am a huge fan of ffxi but that image is a photoshop.

Not to bash on any console, but is this news to anyone?

Oreos are fucking overrated.

That sucks, all the quality of life upgrades they've added make the game a pretty good singleplayer RPG. A mobile version would be fun, and I wouldn't mind grinding out another character.

Not really, but it more or less confirms that SE is heavily invested in the Switch. Makes me wonder what else they have in store outside Octopath Traveler.

who cares? everyone plays on free 75cap private servers anyway.

As much as I'd love the Switch to be successful, this just seems like they'll MAYBE port games to the Switch. And even then, those are just ports. Give me Bravely Default 3 or something. That'd make the Switch worth purchasing.