Persona noob, which should I try first?

Complete Persona noobie here. Never played any of them before, other than a few rounds of Persona 4 Arena Ultimate at friends house (which I hated).

I heard the hype surrounding Persona 5 and Jim Sterling's video about the Atlas controversy, here youtube.com/watch?v=-pjc1sWw6Dw So, I've become interested in the series.

My question is, which should I play first? Should I play them in order (ie: 1,2,3,4, etc), should I skip the spin-off games? Give me some advice, ty.

I just pooped X^D

fatlus games are weeaboo trash. just stay away

Never really played a lot of persona either. I've heard that the order doesn't really matter since the stories aren't connected. Just play 5 or 4 first and go for the other ones if you like those, they are known to be the best.

1 and 2 are too different from the rest. Start with 3. Then 4, then 5. You can try 1 and 2 after that.

Personally I dont know what makes them that good. I finished 3. It was okay and sometimes tedious and boring. Took like 40 hours or a bit more to finish. Then I started 4G and I somehow don't find it enjoyable.

I tried Persona 3 and dropped it within a few hours, it was shit

I liked SMT IV though

1 and 2 are too different from the rest. Start with 3. Then 4, then 5. You can try 1 and 2 after that.

Thanks, I'll try that. Since 3 is a PS2 game, does it run well on an emulator?

Please don't play these games, they are shit

3,4 or 5, doesn't really matter. Honestly I'd start with 3 as the newer ones have quality of life improvements, especially P5 and it would be shitty to go back. Then if you're still not sick to death after 200+ hours of Persona games, try out 2.

If you don't start with 1 than YOU are part of the problem. The series went to shit starting with Persona 3. If I wanted to play a fucking dating sim I would play a fucking dating sim, not this half assed dating sim/RPG bullshit.

I started with 1 but didn't finish it. Can't say it was better than 3

well there is the problem, you didn't finish it. The first 2 Persona games are much better than NU-Persona.

You can start with the new one if you like. But the oldest are not like the new ones very much in core gameplay, only some combat similarities still exist. If you must start with something earlier start with 3 and then do 4 since they are part of a kind of new canon.

how can you finish a 150 hour long game playing every few days ? I feel like after 3 weeks I'm sick to death of playing the same thing.

Kill youself red dit

Start with fucking 5.
We have these threads everyday.
START WITH 5

But it got a 94 on metacritic

It deserves more.

>actually believing paid review central

Other than "I don't own the original games or their consoles and I'd prefer not to emulate," what reason does anyone have to not just play through a series in the order the games were released?

Don't know about the rest of the series but I've played Persona 1 which was just OK, and 2: Innocent Sin which was bad and has one of the most stupid plots I had ever seen.

In other words they both are a complete waste of time and money as you could spend it in several much better JRPGs/ RPGs/ games/ media.

Most people will say to start with 3 because the originals are so different from the casual normie bullshit of anything post 3.

Once the casual normies get involved the series turns to shit. Same thing happened with Call of Duty after the original Modern Warfare.

Persona 1 and 2 are much better games, but they aren't as user friendly as the casual normie bullshit of Persona 3 and after.

>atlus has the spare money for paid reviews and shills

fuck off you fatlus weeaboo faggot newfag. back to r/anime with you

yeah they do. Atlus is actually a rather big game company, its just Atlus USA that is small. Also, they are part of Sega now.

I played 3 on my phone and 4 on the PS4. The only hook to these games is really the "social" parts in the school and the scoobie doo plots. The dungeons don't hurt but they're most of the time lackluster.

You're not welcome on this weeb website.