Is Tifa supposed to be an Asian?

Is Tifa supposed to be an Asian?

I thought she was White like the other characters when I first played the game back in early 2000s and then AC came out to blow up my mind like wtf she was an Asian?

What are your thoughts?

theyre all asian

making chars skin color white is a jp meme from the 90s, its actually something they do to make fun of america

>the Planet doesn't have a continent called Asia

She's hapa.

nice try at sounding smart faggot. it actually is a part of Japanese culture since time immemorial that pale skin is seen as super attractive hence it ends up in almost all japanese art and media. it has nothing to do with America. although Japanese artists will put small eyed, tanned skin characters in games/manga to make fun of the Chinese but their hatred for each other is old as dirt

They are anime characters. Who gives a shit?

TLDR/MRCR: They have always used other means to differentiate race.

i don't understand what argument this image is trying to make

>What are your thoughts?

I don't know, I want to see her diarrhea stopped up with my dick. I guess that's a thought right, yeah.

The skin is white but her eyes are slightly asian-ish.
She looks mixed here.

Her name is Tifa Lockhart and she's from a town called Nibelheim which looks like a small german village, and she wore cowgirl clothes when she was younger.

The top half shows how they make distinguishing racial features, between width of lips, distance between eyes and eyebrows, and so on.

The bottom half puts all differences on both sides as "white skin", since that's the only thing which people who make these kinds of threads notice and care about.

Tifa is heavily inspired by the late 1980's style of womens fashion. It used to be that characters in games followed the trends of real Japanese more closely than they do today.

If you want other examples of this, look at Blaze from Streets of Rage or more recently, Reina from Yakuza 0 (set in 1998) it was a very distinct time for womens fashion in the 1980's-mid 1990's and tifa's look was very very popular. Lots of volume in the length, and a particularly thined out fringe.

This is the earliest picture available of Tifa back when Aeris and Tifa were the same character.

*1988 i meant. Anyway, you don't have to look too far to see this theme during that time period in Japan.

You're just thrown off by the hair color.
I guess you would say this Swedish girl looks like an asian just because she's shopped with the black hair.

once again, this argument again that is really unconvincing

everytime i see this discussion brought up, there's this extreme resistance to the idea that most anime characters are drawn as white people. because they totally are and anyone with a human brain can just look at it and see it

the argument that the anime style homogenizes racial characteristics falls apart when you see how they draw black people

also you look at animes like Akira where everyone looks asian

Wutai is supposed to be VII's analog for east asia
the continent Midgar on I guess would be western civilization

In Midgar wee see signage written in both English and Japanese

Since she doesn't have an oriental sounding name like Shinra, Kisaragi, or Tseng
She's most likely of "western" descent if not mixed

She was def white in 7. Most of the main cast aside from Yuffie and possibly Vincent were not asian. Cloud was white, Barret black, Tifa white (she has brown hair and wears a cowboy hat) and so on. AC fucks all the models up and jesus its a bad bad bad movie.

This is her dad btw

Other examples:

anime characters look more asian to me. The women are just more cute and feminine in real life whereas western women are more masculine and regal.

pic related

They are all fictional race, NEITHER Asian nor White.

She looks better with round eyes. Even if they do make her asian, at least she isn't black. That would be terrible.

this is why we can't have nice things

Final Fantasy characters are always asian during pre-renders and FMVs. In-game they suddenly turn caucasian.

>everytime i see this discussion brought up, there's this extreme resistance to the idea that most anime characters are drawn as white people. because they totally are and anyone with a human brain can just look at it and see it
The point of the picture is to explicitly show how Japanese and White characters are shown differently in various styles (as well as a real life example at the top).

>the argument that the anime style homogenizes racial characteristics
is not being made by that picture. It shows how racial characteristics are differentiated.

Some of the characters in Noein have varying levels of vulgarity. People like to use DBZ and One Piece as egregious examples of racial characterization without remembering these shows are half comedies.

Cool racism.

It's not discriminating, which technically means it isn't racist.