Why

Why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BQIwmkW4mbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shouldn't they have done this at the height of CoD's popularity? It's been declining for a while now.

We all saw this coming

Can't be worse than the Assassins Creed flick

Because stupid faggots will eat it up and make it profitable

Because console users will literally spend their money on anything marketed to them.

Because every kid in the world will want to see it and their parents will bring them. It'll be panned by critics but I will be a box office money making machine . I'm just surprised they didn't do this earlier

This is a cinematic universe. Of course it will be worse.

>8 movies of generic war but with COD slogan

I'd watch it if it's a decently directed R-rated action movie.

Also, who'd you cast as Price?

Hugh Jackman

This will be in development hell for a long time, especially if the first movie bombs, which will probaby happen. CoD won't even be relevant by then.

So will every movie go for 10 minutes then ask the audience to fight amongst themselves?

>CoD won't even be relevant by then.

>He thinks that COD games will stop being made

They could actually do a movie as a VR experience.. that could maybe work

Because that what they wanted to do in the first place, but couldn't get into Hollywood on their own. Now, though, with money and certain degree of popularity they can jump start their movie carrier.
You don't seem to understand that games industry is in such shitty situation because every person in it just uses medium for their own purposes. And I'm talking not only about shmucks like this who want to create movies. Journalists make self-fellating articles to boost their portfolio and run away to some other industry to write about it instead of games, for example. Heck, even Anita used games like this. Now that she got herself that tight place as "someone who spoke to UN", she fucked off and barely touch games anymore.

Blizz has been stupidly slow always.

I think they recognize the time it takes to make a proper movie a bit too much.

Warcraft movie should have happened 5 years earlier too.

Because it would work well.

All CoD singleplayers are glorified action movies, might as well just make a movie out of it. And Marvel style works since only reason those stories are enjoyable besides the action are character banters and dialogue between people like Price, Soap, Ghost and VIKTOR REZNOV

If they make the movie PG 13 they are out of their minds

Because this will probably give the entire franchise a boost.

Movies nearly always make their money back, only certain IPs don't get sequels because they don't generate a 200% profit margin.

There are no real characters, timeframe, or story which a Call of Duty movie has to be bound to. No NEET faggots whining over original lore or interpretation of the original anime.
This alone will give a cinematic universe like this a pretty good chance to have cool movies. A protagonist can be created within the movie series, nothing to hold it back.

>video game movies

you'd think ass creed would taught everyone the final lesson. even with "a list" actors like fassbender it barely came close to breaking even.

Why does every fucker. ew film have to have a fucking cinematic universe in Hollywood these days

While PC "master race" can't even afford the games they "own"

It would probably be R, remember, people who grew up playing CoD 4 are now over 20. Besides, if kids under 16 have parents buying them CoD, they probably wouldn't give a fuck about letting them watch a movie as well.

the fuck is up with the kid on the right
not dressed tacticool and with what likes like a fucking sword
rules of nature

because this is the future you wrought by watching capeshit and nu-star wars

Too mexican; no rich parents to buy him camo gear; so he h as to wear his brother's motocross suit.

I, for one, admire his conviction.

>Warcraft movie should have happened 5 years earlier too.
It still managed to cash a lot of money. And not just because of China, it made a buck in Europe too, just not as much as in China. In fact the only place it flopped is the US, so ignorant retards still call it a flop for some reason.

>can't even afford the games they "own"

We can't afford games?

>HOLE TECHNOLOGY

>that pilot in the middle-right with their feet pointed inwards

>1up.com

That site is so shittily done, the main page is the only part that actually works.

kinda makes the picture look spooky

>cinematic universe

I wish all the diarrhea of the world to anyone that makes use of this term.

>193
>a lot on steam
thats like 80 bucks in humble bundles

I don't use humble bundles though. You're kind of arguing a silly point here.

How do you even make a Call of Duty movie? It's literally just soldiers killing, soldiers dying, and operators operating. You could slap the title "Call of Duty" on any war film and nobody could argue.

Yeah, a lot of money which could have been double that.

that's mostly the goal for movie producers.

That way there might have been more than just one movie, too.

Fun fact: That would be considered a firearm in Australia. This isn't one of those dumb laws they don't act on either, just recently someone was charged with illegal arms manufacture and proliferation for 3D printing completely non functional plastic handgun replicas.

Well it was in production for quite some time. While I think that Warcraft was a pretty alright action movie that did some things right but most things wrong, it seems that the production was in hiatus for longer that they've anticipated. The final version was probably them saying: ah fuck it, let's cash in what we got

a cinematic universe of various squads of men shooting men

what the fuck

l-lewd

>a cinematic universe of various squads of men punching men
is one of the most successful movie franchises of all time

"what the fuck" indeed

AHAHAHAH where the fuck were you yesterday in a Sup Forums thread with some aussie shitposter claiming he had work arounds that put his gun rights on par with American gun rights, he never replied to my post asking him to post pics of his handgun

bullshit, those are unique, you wouldn't be able to tell one cod movie from another

Did you play CoD after 2? Nobody plays campaigns for the gameplay, they play it for ever-changing backgrounds, scripted action and story. Some of them are good, some of them are bad. The gameplay will always be a basic shooting gallery with 2-3 twists, like vehicle sections or some special weapon use. CoDs will transit very well into movies because that's what they are already.

i cant wait for the mw2 movie
>RAMIREZ RAMIREZ RAMIREZ RAMIREZ

>that smile
lel

Probably because of brand-recognition and its financially feasible. It seems like production costs for movies are generally lower compared to games these days.

MASON THE NUMBERS!

LOOK AT THE NUMBERS

I played every CoD up to and including MW2, and I see your point, but how would you go about making a movie distinctly Call of Duty? I suppose you could have Captain Price in there?

>MCU is unique
The only actually unique movie in MCU is Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange. Even if the story points of these hit all the generic steps for hero-introduction films, they are visually interesting and mostly character independent from the rest. Tone wise the first half of The Winter Soldier was also different from the rest of the movies. Everything else is just a mess.

I don't even know what makes CoD games distinctly CoD, aside from stale multiplayer and reasonably well-made campaigns.

Don't act retarded. Yes, the superhero movies are obviously more unique but CoD singleplayer is mostly well liked for a reason. Characters stand out.

Why not? I can tell one action movie with guns from another, or one CoD game from another.

>CoD after 2
MW1/2 have better campaigns gameplay-wise that 2. Arguably better than 1 too, but it's harder to compare since 1 is so different.

The true question is, what continuity they pick?

>PRICE
or
>MASON

Very likely, but this is why I think they held off even STARTING production for this long too; by year 3-4 of WoW rumours started but Blizzard did nothing; I think they were convinced that Warcraft wouldn't be that big of a deal anymore, let alone 10 years.

As time progressed they figured out they could stretch this shit to infinity and beyond and eventually started production on the movie. By the time it was done, WoW was in immense decline. Think that hurt ticket sales a whole lot.

While CoD 1/2 featured an overarching story, I think most of the levels were more or less independent from each other and did not really affect the story. In some cases you can change the level progression and you won't really miss anything. I don't know about 3 or spinoffs, because I didn't play them, but this is not the case for 4 and especially MW2.

Price/Soap are waaay more popular than Mason and Reznov. BLOPS1 has the more interesting story though, it could easily be a standalone action movie by itself, doesn't even need the CoD name.

Reznov

Yeah, but what does this have to do with gameplay? CoD 2 is a fun romp (and frustratingly difficult at times on Veteran, like CoDs tend to be), but it really was the first game I can remember that just stuck regenerating HP in a shooter with no explanation. I mean yeah, medkits are not realistic either but I'm still attached to them. And MW1 is CoD2 with more original setting and more variety in the campaign.

yeah well asians can tell other asians apart

gj being a worker drone i guess

They likely weren't expecting the series popularity to dip so significantly after the departure of the original IW team. Now they're attacking different forms of media to try and gain more presence in the public eye again.

I doubt their "cinematic universe" will have Captain Price. It's going to have Numbers Mason and Woody and Kevin Spacey.

You fags only hate because it's "muh normie" game while in reality its one of the few 60fps shooters with a decent campaign every entry.
Normalfags are literally playing better games than you. Though I guess you'll love CoD future titles since they seem to have fallen out of grace with the public. Fuck heads.

I'm still interested whether the ending of first blops was ironic or not.

>making a movie out of the most generic spunkgargleweewee on the market
why

Oh I dunno.

Regular dumbshit movies only make $1,516,045,911

fucking pirates

I really am not sure how I should feel about Furious movies. They were never good to begin with, but now they are full transformers tier of stupid. At the same time I think I enjoy the last ones more.

I saw a trailer of the upcoming one, and I pretty much want to see it because of all the cuh ray zee shit in it.

Kinda shit they used the exact same premise as F&F6, with now the bald guy being brainwashed in stead of his bitch.

Wouldn't it just be a generic fucking war movie?
Slapping the name Call of Duty on it doesn't mean shit.

>baitingyou
You're not wrong, COD still remains among the most popular shooters because it is one of the only 60fps shooters with a much better input feedback on gamepads and online latency than many other FPS console games. The vast majority may not even understand why, but they do notice that COD simply "feels better".

However, once you move away from the console and go to PC, COD is now a very bland shooter that doesn't stand out like it used to in 2003-to-2009. The important advances that COD made popular then were adopted by PC games... while Consoles only really adopted the "everything has an XP bar grind" and not the important shit like having a stable fucking framerate higher than 30.

>I guess you'll love CoD future titles since they seem to have fallen out of grace with the public
No, those suck. It's not just that it's a sci-fi future thing now, but the games themselves have degraded in content, presentation and feel since 2009. Treyarch, Sledgehammer and NewIW have no idea how to capture the spark like the original team could, and Treyarch no longer has the old team's popularity to piggyback on each following year.

Speaking of future titles and the original team, Titanfall 2 is far superior.

Good. Pleb containtemt.

Kill yourself, 13 year old.

>quickly downloading almost 200 free-to-plays

I wonder what the first good video game movie will be.

Thanks, I guess?

Mortal Kombat!

>Rehashing superhero movies
>Rehashing Disney classics (Tarzan)
>Mindless action film #57364
>Shamelessly copying foreign movies and shows
>Getting back into vidya movie-meme now
>Asscreed flick was a disaster
>Now this
We should nuke Hollywood. This degeneracy is just too much.

me on the left

>Because this will probably give the entire franchise a boost.
What are you talking about, they are all going to flop.

welp since the average CoD map is a kitchen sink they don't even need to move countryside for the shootings

Black Ops as a series of big screen thrillers could work very well though. Hell, Modern Warfare 2 was extremely movielike in how polished all its set pieces were, it basically could translate to a movie 1:1.

they've got one last chance to redeem themselves, its name is My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: The Movie

This cinematic universe bullshit needs to stop.

What the fuck are you talking about.

We need My Little Pony Cinematic Universe. Say no to capeshit, say yay to friendship!

Flop implies they won't make millions out of this user. Don't be naive, just the CoD name alone is going to sell enough to make a profit for them.

Hollywood proved again and again that your movie can be dogshit but still be successful as long as it has a popular name or actor attached to it.
Blops 1's story is a regular war thriller, there is no reason it can't be a movie.

They've already got a CoD universe called The Fast and the Furious

It better be R rated. or else it's going to be so Lame

>it's going to be so Lame
FTFY

>Why
youtube.com/watch?v=BQIwmkW4mbw

>Acti-Blizz wanting to make a COD cinematic universe

Didn't they already try to do that for Warcraft with their flop of a movie? And from what it looks, they aren't gonna make any more. If an established fantasy series failed, why the fuck would they think a series about real life war would have any greater chance of making a successful film franchise?