Is this the pinnacle of turn-based tactics?

I finally, FINALLY got into this game after taking my time and learning the controls and the game mechanics in general and holy FUCK this game is great.

What are some other games like this?

>Is this the pinnacle of turn-based tactics?
It's a meme game that isn't even the best in its own sub-genre of Turn Based Squad Tactics with guns.

Best TBST in modern setting - Silent Storm.
Best TBST in fantasy setting - Mordheim.

>b-but muh 1.13
1.13 is a shit mod that introduces an overabundance of exceptionally poorly balanced weapons with stats that make exactly ZERO sense. You have to spend hours upon hours of manually balancing each gun by yourself to make the game even remotely playable with 1.13 installed.

Silent Storm was straight up worse outside of the building destruction.

>Silent Storm was straight up worse
No, it wasn't, because it pulled off burst weapon and grenade throwing mechanics much better than JA2 and these two aspects are extremely important when playing a tactics game in a modern setting with guns.

If you want RtWP try 7.62, however it's pretty buggy slavshit so getting into it can be hard.

meant for OP obviously.

>Mordheim
cmon now

Name a fantasy TBST game with bigger tactical depth, but think carefully, because I've played pretty much all of them excluding some obvious trash.

Sadly, it's truly the best.

There are many other very good ones, both casual and hardcore, but I have never come into something better than ja2

If you want more gorilla warfare, 7.62 is pretty good but janky as hell like said.

The two other big games in the genre are Silent Storm and XCOM. There's also Fallout Tactics but to be honest I've never liked it very much.

>Best TBST in fantasy setting - Mordheim.

This gave you away, baity shitposter. You tried too hard, moron.

>You tried too hard
But I'm not a mongoloid dumbfuck talking about games I've never even played.

Mordheim has the most awful story missions, other than that the game is okay.

Like Jagged Alliance 2 in terms of quality?
There are literally none so enjoy it while it lasts.

>a tactics game in a modern setting where using automatic weapons is literally the worst idea ever because you cannot perform aimed burst shots, only burst shots with shit base accuracy that reduces the efficiency of burst fire practically to zero anywhere beyong point blank range
>best at anything
Well memed, kid.

what's Mordheim

>mordheim
>tactical depth

Come on now.
I love the game but it's just a clown car simulator, not to mention half of the fights you win automatically because the enemies got stuck on jump points or on random scenery in case of impressives.

Mordheim shouldn't even have a story in the first place. The story missions are there to appease casul shitters who cannot play non story-driven games.

A game too hardcore for 99% of Sup Forums due to permadeath and ironman being the only game mode.

EDIT: I mean "hardcore".

>Mordheim shouldn't even have a story in the first place. The story missions are there to appease casul shitters who cannot play non story-driven games
But it does, and they're awful and ruin the game.

I thought guys with 80 stat in gun can shoot burst shot fine?

I was controlling that wolf guy and he seem competent enough with burst shot at medium range.

What are you talking about ? Burst fire and even auto fire is plenty accurate with decent mercs, right click is to add 1 more bullet and wheel scroll is to spend more APs for accuracy.

>tfw you like jap game but they make godawful tactical and strategic based game

Seriously, why can't they make good ones? Advance war is one of the most if not the most casual TBT game I've ever played. Steel Panther was a lot better.

That's only with 1.13 mod

First and foremost, it has multiplayer, so it has more tactical depth than 99% of turn based tactics games out there by definition.

>half of the fights you win automatically because the enemies got stuck on jump points
Enemies don't get stuck very often, but they do get stuck, yeah, because the maps can be a complete bitch to navigate even for a human player due to how convoluted the city is, which is supposed to be a feature taken straight from the boardgame.

Also, even if you win a fight, your game can be ruined by a loss of a single important unit like the leader. Winning is not enough in Mordheim, you have to win near flawlessly or suffer serious consequences and most likely enter a downward spiral of suckitude and failure in your campaign that will sooner or later result in a game over.

>they're awful
Nice opinion. Fact is, they are unique missions that take place on unique maps with the game giving you control over unique faction leaders. They don't ruin the game simply because they are a nice mix-up with random skirmishes you play as part of the campaign.

No one is gonna buy your game dude.

Wrong, even mercs with 100 marksmanship will barely hit anything at a distance of over 15-20 squares on full auto. Autofire is complete fucking garbage and is utterly non-viable beyond pistol ranges.