>I haven't played dark souls 1

you're mum after you didn't reply to this post

A real human bean

Hand it over. That thing. Your dark soul

c u t e

sorry man but i have a Short-Term Memory Loss

haha
fucking loser

"Humanity", and could actually be seen (and killed) in the Abyss from DaS1's DLC.

They talked a lot about the "dark soul" within humans in the DLC, which I think was supposed to clue in people who aren't familiar with the first game (in order to solve the humanity/ladder "puzzle").

>They talked a lot about the "dark soul" within humans in the DLC
...meaning the Ringed City DLC, not talking about the DaS1 DLC

Oo

I always thought humanity sprites were cute, even when the swarms of them in the abyss or pursuers tried to hug you to death.

Looks like a reused asset to me.

Looks entirely different to the one from Dark Souls 1 to me because I don't have autism and can the differences.

So, what's the story of the ringed city?

Turns out Gods created the darksign.

The abyss is only malicious when disturbed.

Humans aka pygmies fought alongside the Gods but weren't rewarded and ignored in history recounting the tales.

Confirmed 6 year old theory that humanity were the dark souls and we're been chugging too much since then in invasions.

Gwyn is a dickhead.

>Turns out
That's been obvious since the first game.
For all but Framptfags of course.

The individual ones were fine, I could have done without the swarms of them.

>The abyss is only malicious when disturbed
>Fear not the dark, my friend
Are you trying to trick me?

>tfw only thing missing in DeS is the fucking Pure Bladestone shit

JUST

>no BB plat

What a shitter.

>implying his line about Eygon isn't true.
>implying darkies weren't rebeling against their seal
>Implying 4 Kings weren't tricked by Kaathe into eating people for more power
>Implying Oolacile didn't disturb the resting Manus

Name one moment the abyss was against you without an entity who was manipulated others into doing something.

That said, fear not the dark, my user. Let the feast begin.

>Gwyn is a dickhead.
more like winners write history mate.

Dark won in the end laddy.

#DarkLivesMatter

what are the pygmy lords

i did plat bb but not the DLC(missed 1 trophy)

He was afraid of the potential humans held. There was nothing special about Gwyn beyond his royalty and lord soul, anybody could have taken his place.

Concept of Gods in the DS universe doesn't even exist, it was just Gwyn jacking off much like the title of Allfather Lloyd.

Twiddling thumb cuckolds who are locked up safe and sound and protected by Filanore.

Basically think of them as the fake rulers of the Ringed City as it's under gestapo by the Gods.

Hollow Lords or Dark Lords or maybe just a gift by Gwyn like the city itself but honestly there was probaby some guys who commanded the ringed knights when the fought the dragons in Age of Ancients and those guys probably got crowned by Gwyn for their duties. Maybe they even used the power of the Abyss against the Dragon.

>Concept of Gods in the DS universe doesn't even exist

Yes it does Gwyn is a different race.
He is literally a god for humans/pygmies.

>(missed one trophy)
you didnt plat then did you faggot

Gwyn created the Darksign after the war against the Archdragons because the humans who fought with him harnessed the Abyss which triggered him as he realised that the natural order of the world was for Fire to eventually fade and he didn't like it. He made the Darksign to seal the Abyss within humanity but this also caused them to become immortal when the Fire fades and prevents them from entering the Age of Man since they're shackled by Fire still. Gwyn built a city for the Pygmy Lords (human kings who descended from the Furtive Pygmy and still kept records of the war), but sealed it in time using his youngest daughter Filianore so that they could never leave and so the rest of mankind would forget their heritage. After going forward in time to the Kiln when Lothric is destroyed and the rest of the world's kingdoms crumble into one, we find the Ringed City now revealed temporarily as the Fire fades and we go there to follow Gael from DLC1. We uncover all the shit about Gwyn and the Darksign and about the true nature of Humanity, and we find Filianore napping in the highest tower of the Church there. We touch that egg she was leaning on and it breaks. This wakes her up, and what follows is still hotly debated since no one has a fully working theory as to what actually happens. Filianore looks at us and begins to glow brilliantly until the screen is white, and when the light fades the city is in ruins, Filianore is long dead and you're surrounded by a sea of ash as far as the eye can see that looks just like the big field of ash the pilgrims walk through in the reveal trailer. You've gone forward in time somehow, and you find that Gael is there too and that he took the long way, literally waiting an eternity by killing and eating every single human in the world to reassemble the Dark Soul itself. You need to kill him though since it corrupted him and you can then take his blood back to painter-chan and she'll name her new world after you. The end.

>tfw your headcanon pretty much becomes the official canon

Which part did you headcanon user? The only bits I couldn't directly back up with stuff directly in game is about what the fuck actually happens with Filianore and where/when the last section takes place.

The first half until the City itself and yet another Gwyn's offspring.

but they were already immortal in the Age of Ancient. Since Gael probably fought against Dragons.

>Armor Issued to slave knights. The fine craftsmanship made this a symbol of honor.
>Long ago, only the Undead served as slave knights, warriors used as fodder in the bleakest of battles.

What's your world called user?

Mines "The Painted World of Shabadoo"

Getting lots of souls makes you live longer, even as a human.

>Wow this statue looks super important, I wonder what's in Gwyn's hand!
>Cloranthy Ring +3
Fuck this shit.

see that pic ? its said ''plat in xxxxx"

The Painted World of Cuntbuster

Excuse me, my post was worded poorly. Gods in the sense that we know them do exist in DS, great spirits that ascend human conflict of the abyss and the flame such as Velka. She is the only one I can recall at the moment who is unseen and entirely impartial to either resolution.

Gwyn's Lordhood on the other hand is as much a title as the President. He's a great man with great power thanks to his lineage but at the end of the day he's still a man. There may be certain parameters to meet the qualifications of the title of "lord" but anybody can get there with the will, much like the Chosen Undead who was a fucking nobody who broke out of prison with a crow.

It was so the Pygmy Lords could regain their stamina quicker while fucking Filianore. It's environmental storytelling 101 user.

>85%
>platinum
You're a failure as a gamer and as a person.

>shackled by Gwyn

You make it sound like the Pygmy got jibbed hard

They got proper payment,Gwyn gave them the city at the end of time - the most apocalypse proof place in the entire universe, plus he had to give his daughter over, probably to keep her safe

You can use a save editor to get it.

The apocalypse wouldn't have happen if he just let the Flame run out naturally like it was supposed to.

I thought it was pretty funny. Basically, "here's your crown and some trash I found you little shit." Really made the point that Gwyn just wanted to shut them up and keep them contained while pretending to appease them.

I never thought of it this way, that is funny.

>At last I truly become Dark Soul
Really Miyazaki?

ashes is fucking trash.

The fire will always fade though, and I DaS1 that pretty much was the end of the world.
Then DaS2 added the cycles shit.

I don't see why Gwyn would bother doing shit to hold back humanity if it meant he had to set himself on fire for hundreds of years. I think the theory is wrong.

It was never the end. It was the beginning of the Age of Dark, the Age of Man.

And you say that Gywn wanted to avoid that so badly, that he turned himself into beefy jerky in an agonizing process that still wasn't a permanent solution?

Yes, exactly. And spread false prophecies for humans, robbed of their rightful destiny, to do this dirty job in his stead in the future. That's how scared he was of humanity.

>Gwyn
>Hates only 2 things: Dragons and Humans
>Wipes out the dragons
>uses the last of his power to give the proverbial and literal middle finger to humanity

Bullshit. He wouldn't fear humanity more than his own fucking death, unless he genuinely cared for the world and believed that humanity would fuck it up.

He's a ruler, and rulers care about their legacy. Him dying is fine if it means his kingdoms and shit won't get fucked up.

>gamer
someone gas this newfag

He did it for the pride and glory of his lineage. Gwyn was a conceited bastard, to the point he disowned his only real son, wiped his memory, and deprived him of his reign for losing the canals of their ancestors.

The only thing he genuinely cared for is his and his family's reign over the world.

> Canals of their ancestors.

More like the anals of history. It's not like Gwyn had any know from before he woke up. ancestors

Any known ancestors*

how did I fuck this sentence that much

Now that the ash has settled do you think they'll continue the series into the age of dark actually starting, I'd be interested to see a game takes place in the lord of hollows ending

>no wanting a game about your dragon painter waifu

Why would they not rule after the flame died? You saying it would take away their strength or something? Doesn't that come from their souls?

I'm more interested in a dating simulator with all the waifus

No, god no. The story and Souls series has been wrung out enough. TRC was a fine conclusion, let's move on to the next thing.

>Gwyn is called the lord of sunlight
>why does he have a problem with human and the darkness

You know the darkness is literally in Souls?

It would, and it does. But their souls aren't Dark. They're only meant to have power in age of fire. And just because the Dark Soul was found within the flame doesn't make it weak with the flame's death. It didn't just bring light into the world, it brought the duality - light and dark, life and death etc. It by no means ends with the end of the age of fire, that's only a half of the natural cycle. If there was even supposed to be a cycle.

yes pretty much the places wouldve been reversed. Humans would become gods and the old gods would be slaves

What evidence is there that the gods weaken when the flame weakens?

Reminder humans in DaS universe are like niggers and mudslims who did nothing all day.
Gods like Gwyn are like Nazis who tried to make the world a better place for everybody.
Reminder Kaathe is a jew.

Sup Forums pls.

Huge manintee.

>Gwyn built a city for the Pygmy Lords (human kings who descended from the Furtive Pygmy and still kept records of the war), but sealed it in time using his youngest daughter Filianore so that they could never leave and so the rest of mankind would forget their heritage

So... basically this is "WE WUZ KANGZ", but for humanity instead of Africans?

t. Kaathe

go away you jew and stop tricking undeads.

In Dark Souls 1 it was a Humanity Spirit or something like that

Gwyn gets rekt though and humans win.

What feast though?

Does he want me to eat dark? How would you even do it?

DLC trophies don't count towards plats.

He is above humans because he isn't one. He's from the same race as artorias and ornsetein.

If the Dark souls intro movie is accurate at all his race is much more powerful than humans.

Maybe humans get stronger?

Everyone gets eaten and reborn, so I'd hardly say there are winners at all here. Assuming Gywn's intention was to prolong the age of fire for as long as possible though, mission accomplished.

Wait, does this mean that all the giant humanity sprites that I killed in AotA were people?

I always thought that they were just the Abyss "budding"

Huh this surprisingly made sence

>mfw fighting Midir

His moveset is pretty simple but with so much running around and with him being such a ridiculous damage sponge the fight is just tedious. With a +10 Heavy Exile Greatsword at 60 STR I do like fucking 2% of its HP with each swing to the head. Meanwhile he chunks me for 70% of my HP when I'm near 70% weight limit at 40 vitality and 35 vigor.

I'm on NG but this shit feels like what NG+7 bosses felt like on DS1.

>him being such a ridiculous damage sponge the fight is just tedious.
Thats literally how everything is in this DLC

Fuck off, Kaathe. The Abyss exists only to devour, it is the embodiment of self-destructive pleasures and obsession.

All the Gods did to humanity was make them able to die -- dying of old age is not something the Gods suffer from, it is a seal (construct) of fire that keeps men from being immortal. The Darksign is just this seal breaking, the Humanity within you becomes so stronk that it breaks the permanence of Death and so when you die you begin to respawn.

That's what happens when you let tanimura be in charge

You are probably using the worng damage type. Try blunt or magic.

There's always an end though

Ds1 is always the canon beginning, every time the fire fails to be lit it gets swallowed by the Dreg heap and t restarts with ds1

If you get an unbroken linking to an end that "timeline" the fire fades and ds3 takes place, and after that's happened enough, the entire thing starts ending, the true heat death of their universe

the entire story of ds1?