>>373009130

is this anything like sins of a solar empire, nice slow comfy space battles
or gets so big and complex like endless space i give up from trying to micromanage everything
hate leaving things to AI control

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqGrB0HX6Ok
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/paradoxs-removal-of-stellaris-whites-only-mod-draws-controversy/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690928807
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you mean one more hour? It said one more hour an hour ago. It's not fucking coming is it? Oh god I've waited months, I can't do this anymore.

>Is this like x
>Are they adding x this time?
I swear to god stellaris threads on Sup Forums are just about these two things every single time

nice useless trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=iqGrB0HX6Ok

Waiting to pirate it, I'm not giving those SJW cucks at Paradox a single shekel.

this, funny how the evil humans are all white

Fucking Paradox.

I wish I didn't like any of their games. As it is I like EUIV, Stellaris, and Cities: Skylines among other things and the DLCs are fucking killing me. I haven't even bought any for Stellaris or Cities yet but Jesus Christ.

>evil humans
>stellaris
what

Another dlc, I love stellaris but they need to seriously work on hoi4 that game is a buggy mess

i think i know where MA:andromeda scanned their facial animations from

the ringworlds look boring and bland as fuck though

Stellaris is more hardcore than most other space games. You can completely genocide, enslave, mind control.....

Fuck HoI. Shit series always was. They need to bury it.

This is an edit right? It's gotta be

Reminder to never buy Paradox DLC, unless you're 100% sure you want to support the devs.

First thing I do when Utopia is available is making a yiff loving fox race of fanatic xenophiles. With fast breeding. And none of you can stop me.

Ofc it is. Paradox even banned a mod that let you choose which race your humans have.

Paradox just knows that half of the community plays an Imperium knockoff/HFY-tier races

Someone made a mod that enabled you to fill your empire with only White/European phenotypes and names, if you so wished. You know in case you wanted to make space vikings, or simply didn't want Tyrone claiming space gibs.

(((Paradox))) SHUT IT DOWN from the official forums but you can still find it if you google "make space great again".

I just want Victoria II in space, not this babby civ shit.

>(((Paradox))) SHUT IT DOWN from the official forums but you can still find it if you google "make space great again".
You forgot part there they literally linked nazi videos on the steam page

Paradox shut it down because a mod author posted a nazi manifesto in the descriptions or some shit like that. There is a mod that does the exact same thing and nobody gives a shit.

What's stopping you from doing it now?

What does the DLC even add to custom race creation?

>Dyson sphere
>let's make it from hex panels just because it looks cool

There's more government shit.

Remember when they made their funny Make Space great again meme? Then they stopped selling the hats when Trump won, they were really butthurt.
It only said "No multiculturalism here" in the description.
If that is a Nazi manifesto, I´m out.

Okay what's the mod name, I may be able to find an archive link or something

Who citizen service here?

>global food
Fucking finally

The mod is called "Europeans" if anyone is interested.

I still remember one of the Stellaris Devs crying and ranting over twitter during the Trump victory. How he was pulling the 'Make Stellaris great again ad campaign' he'd been running since "the racist Nazi's had won and it cut too close to the bone".

You can unlock every Stellaris DLC by editing txt files.

It's not even pirating. They give you the stuff for free to keep multiplayer compatible. You just have to unlock it. Made a mod for this. Got banned.

>Still can't make a race of qt space fatties, humans or not

>Meritocracy
>Police State
>Environmentalist
>Warrior Culture
How are these even supposed to work together?

>All Pops from the founder species of a Hive Mind will have the Hive-Minded trait. Hive-Minded Pops are not affected by Happiness and will never form Factions, allowing Hive Minds to completely ignore internal politics... though this comes as a cost, as they also cannot benefit from the Influence boost and other benefits provided by happy Factions in a regular empire. As Hive Minds rely completely on their ability to communicate psionically with the drone population, they are also unable to rule over non Hive-Minded Pops, and any such Pops in your empire will automatically be killed over time and processed into food to feed the Hive
Finally proper hive mind in the space 4x games
But no ant race
;_;

arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/paradoxs-removal-of-stellaris-whites-only-mod-draws-controversy/

>Over on Reddit, though, Paradox Community Manager Paradoxal_Bear said that the issue wasn't the in-game effect of the mod itself but "several disturbing elements in its public description which we do not want to have clearly displayed on our product page." He didn't go into detail on what elements were "disturbing," but screengrabs of that description from before it was removed suggest that the message "no 'multiculturalism' here!" could have been the most problematic phrase.

they're options you choose.

These things are fat. And cute.

what, pray tell, is the edit that needs to be made?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690928807

It's still there, even has the same line. To be honest I'm not sure why they removed it, probably because of the comments. He said the Paradox let the mod stay as long as he moderates the comment section.

any tutorial on how to do this?

can't wait to pirate it

the way I see it nobody else makes games like Paradox and I have gotten hundreds of hours out of them so I buy all the DLCs, but only in a sale because I do think they are overpriced. The CK2 and EU4 DLCs add only a couple of new features but are priced at $15, it's too much

still wonder what price will be for my region, maybe grab, maybe wait till discount
patch update still worth one playthru anyway

I left it out of my post, but since you can pirate the DLCs easily I do not encourage people to buy them, especially since all their games ship in half-baked state

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

A society that rewards excellence, cares about the environment, places great emphasis on valor, bravery, and the art of war, but does not tolerate dissent or sedition.

Exactly what I do. I don't play that many games, and typically spend hundreds or thousands of hours into the few I do play. Just waiting on a sale again except for the EUIV one.

>Thanks to the constant le epic pirate yarr harr you can't stop me consolebabs threads, there are actually people on Sup Forums now who think they're somehow contrarians on fucking 4chins of all places because they occasionally pirate shit they don't really care about
Amazing.

I know how easy they are to pirate but I'm not a poorfag and I want to support the devs.

Wars cause enormous environmental damage, for once.

Some good old orbital bombardment is nothing a little terraforming and cloning the original animal populace won't fix :^)

Double that.
I fucking hate 4x space late phase, when ai just spams dozens of fleets at you. Endless space was endless cancer because of that, i dont want to fight 30 battles every turn. god.
is stellaris free of that?

>proved him right in your le epic pirate greentext

amazing

I'll wait a year until the game is complete and I can get it cheap.

No when one of the endgame disasters occur the game just spams millions of fleets at you

Booted this up on Monday for a game, then realized that there was a patch + expans released in 3 days (today)

Didn't want to start a new game right before such a big change, so I've waited all week patiently for today.

>mfw it is today now
Fucking unlock already!

You can just send your death blob into their death blob and you're going to win because you're a human being with a brain

How did I do that? I'm pointing out that it's pretty sad that you have to actually come into threads saying wow look I'm gonna pirate this.

People pirate shit all day every day. Or at least they used to back when we weren't neo-Sup Forums.

There are multiple lines of code that block content with trigger = {do you have the DLC?} . You just need to delete them.
I don't remember exactly which files need to be edited though.
I'll probably make a new mod once the DLC is out and I tested that it works.
I'll post it somewhere.

>no new end game crisis
shame, I loved this shit

>Someone made a mod that enabled you to fill your empire with only White/European phenotypes and names,

Someone also made a mod that enable you to fill your empire exclusively with blacks or Asians. Strange how those weren't banned.

The European-names only mod was actually created because people got fed up of blacks caled Xen Wang and whites called Mbuto Ngambe.

Again, multiculturalism is state policy for the country in which paradox based
When someone posted literally same mode but without shitposting in the description, no one removed it

UNLOCK UNLOCK UNLOCK UNLOCK YOU KIKE FUCKS

>Enemy empire with smaller fleet capacity,lower tech and ''Equal'' fleet size declares war on a new country i just liberated
>Go see their fleet
>9 Destroyers and 60 corvets
>3500K power
>My fleet is 15 Destroyers and 40 corvets
>2500K power
>And i'm 20 over my fleet capacity
>Meaning the AI has about double over their fleet capacity
Whats the fucking point in Destroyers if they just spam corvets to no end?
Should i just start doing the same?

thanks for the info user

Corvettes melt almost instantly so their DPS is going to fall off a cliff as soon as they get engaged, don't be fooled.

While we wait for DLC to unlock, let's spark some gentlemanly discussion.

From the three starting choices, which is the best form of FTL and why?

It's out
Less than $10 for my region

It just unlocked, fuck your gentelmanly discussion nigger.

I enagaged them.
They have one type of corvets.
I have 3 types, one Laser, one missiles and another with syphon/laser.
They wiped the floor with me.
Now i'm just have a base of 10 DDs and about 200 corvettes.
When i unlock cruisers i'll start using more DDs.

I'm no expert but the corvettes are surprisingly important. Not exactly sure what they do apart from tanking hits, but maybe that's exactly it.

Some Leddit post from last summer when I looked into it recommended something like 80/40/20/10 tier splits.

Corvettes are fodder lategame, their purpose is to soak damage
their evasion can reach insane levels and they remove potential damage that would otherwise hit important ships, your corvette may only have 300hp but if the enemy fleet fires 6000 damage at it then 5700 damage is completely wasted in that one instance of combat, now imagine having more than 1 corvette, easy and quick to replace, just a little tedious as opposed to a fleet of battleships where you lose like nothing ever depending on the fleet power matchups but it takes years to build up a fleet of battleships

Liar. When someone pointed out the hypocrisy of Paradox's policy, they agreed to allow the Euro-only mod provided it had no description. But the default policy of Paradox and Steam was to ban anything that made any mention of white people.

The only reason the Whites-only mod was ever allowed was because the alternative was to remove the multiple anti-white mods that Steam was hosting.

>banning Sup Forums cancer memes
Based paradox

I just want the AI to be better

every game I've played I end up being the Major Power of the galaxy without any opposition, in war the AI is fucking stupid and if they don't have an equal or larger fleet than yours, they just stay in their system without moving

20 fucking Bucks

Now I know why the price was only listed as N/A until release

So, who else will gowith female only space elves for new session?

Paradox finally acknowledged the AI can't keep up with the player
how did they fix it?

They reduced the number of core worlds from 5 to 3 to balance things out, because letting the player actually play the game proved to be impossible.

How is that possible? Unless you pretend the males are (female).

no its still not a proper hivemind because you're forced to use the retarded sector system EVEN AS A HIVEMIND

Sins of a solar empire is superior to Stellaris in almost every way, including diplomacy, which is kind of pathetic since diplomacy is what Paradox is supposed to excel at. Stellaris nailed the space opera atmosphere though, I love finding species in different stages of development

Jews aren't white, I read it on the Jewish Daily Forward

>Dlc comes out
>no sale

Fuck.
Since I'm posting if this does go on sale should I get the game and the expansion, or the rest of the EU4 dlcs if that goes on sale as well since that's getting an expansion soon as well

>sell an interactive screensaver that barely qualifies as a skeleton of a game for 40 bucks
>charge 20 bucks for something that should have been in the game in the first place
>repeat step 2 till total price for the full game reaches $300
Welcome to the Paradox Business Model™

>since diplomacy is what Paradox is supposed to excel at
What the fuck
Name at least one paradox game without "just a basic" diplomacy

shame there's no in depth ground combat to add onto the different development stage species

would be awesome if machine-age and beyond societies could actually fight back against you, especially early on. Having say a space age species successfully fight off your invasion, launch a few nukes at your orbiting fleet and reverse engineer your tech to build their own primitive ships would be fantastic.

Am I missing anything?

I'm doing my part

Looked at the new files, seems everything can be unlocked. If I have time today we all get free DLC on release day.

CK2
EU4
Vic 2

ahahahaha

>$20

reported

I know why you're laughing but sadly enough, those games are leagues ahead of virtually all competitors when it comes to diplomacy

You know what's great? All these Sup Forumstards triggered so hard even though this game goes incredibly far into the unethical territory for the sake of building your empire, the latest patch notes were talking about the different ways you can enslave a population, treating a specie within your empire under different law than others and literally processing an enslaved population as FOOD if necessary.

And yet, some of you Sup Forumstards are whining about "MUH SJW" devs. Not that your opinion matters since clearly none of you played/will play this game anyways.

wtf i love paradox now

Wait for me to edit the files and it will be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow, they really pull some crap past radar
By the way, what ethics except spiritual should I pick?
Authoritarian and militaristic are really just too generic with "muh wh40k"

>Citizen gubmint and collectives

Fucking FINALLY (((Paradox)))

They do have ground forces present sometimes though, don't they? I've never tried it, but I assume they can defeat your invasion if they're industrialized. That would be awesome if defeating your invasion jumpstarts their technology and turns them into an empire with a permanent diplomacy penalty against you