>youtube ad revenue is imploding
>Let's Players will be forced to work real jobs like the rest of us

>mfw i am become schadenfreude

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EHqybEnPqbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hsj9C2MuOms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They'll just use Patreon.

you're telling me everyone will suddenly start submitting to paywalls for ALL their subbed channels on the drop of a hat?

Define "Real Job"

>source: my ass

playing video games for a living sure the fuck isn't

You can start begging money on twitch or something. Until you have audience, there always will be money.

There's a big difference between being too lazy to install an adblocker, and actively giving someone money.

It's what happens when you don't control your own platform.

>Implying people who watch popular youtube letsplayers would spend their allowance on patreon

yeah but when youtube dries up, suddenly tons of creators are now e-begging and all have to share that market with each other

I heard some big companies telling google to fuck off, probably because of unfair terms or some shit and google just cutting down ad revenue for youtube channels so they could recover from it.

this shit's all over the news, sorry you were too preoccupied with anime to notice

Hell, I bet a major part of their appeal is that kids can't afford the games they play

So no job related to Video Games whatsoever should exist? You'd rather the industry as a whole shut down?

There is some shit going on with "old media" and controversial channels on YouTube like everyone who is not a SJW liberal. So places like the wall street journal have branded them all racist and have constructed this image of YouTube being a haven for racists.

So now like 250 companies have pulled their adds with the excuse that they don't support racism, when clearly this is just their opportunity to screw over google and take all their business.

Tldr watch this.

youtu.be/EHqybEnPqbQ

it hasn't really hit the gaming channels and I'm doubtful that it will.
it's happening, but it's not affecting game content, at least at the moment. It's more news/politics stuff, as the MSM are accusing YT of allowing ads on 'offensive' content.

Ad providers are pulling their funding as they don't want the association, and YT is doubling down on their automated bots to the point that dozens of legitimate videos are being demonetized.

It's an overreaction to a non-problem, stoked by the MSM who are getting pissy at their increased irrelevance.

Then stop playing video games, no one is stopping you.

your comparison is invalid. i don't get paid to play video games like Let's Players do.

i'm probably arguing with a 14 year old so god help me

Good.

The only 'lets play' or 'gamer' cunt i follow has a full time job anyways.

jobs are this generations wartime

okay Tyler Durden

Not that user. But wanted to highlight what you said here
>i don't get paid to play video games like Let's Players do.
You should think why that is the case.

that's more a bukowski quote if you want to be a post-modernist

>1791L

top tier taste user

a lot of the channels i really like keep pumping out videos about this and i dont give a shit
youtube announced their retarded new rules like six months ago and everyone ignored it
none of this should be a surprise to anybody

The burden of proofs lie with you my friend.

Are wageslaves really THIS pathetic? Sad!

>half of the top comments memeing about jews
Have no idea why there is some much Sup Forums around this guy's channel, he doesn't sound like a complete retard.

>playing video ganes isnt a job
Quality tester?
Do you qork for Bioware with that opinion?

When YouTube dries up there are four ways e celebs will end up
>Traditinal media due to connections see top tier non offensive shit like Game Grumps
>Living off patreon money and t shirts see mid tier youtubers with cult like followings such as Sterling and TFS
>A small percent will actually take wadgecuck jobs
>The rest become full time SJW washed up welfare sponges
Pick one

I suppose I don't have a problem with streamers, just people making any money off of it, what a worthless use of time

Even if they were guaranteed to get good money, it's nowhere near as much as ad-revenue gives.
Not to mention these sort of people have a majority audience of children who don't actually earn any money at all.

A "real job" is whatever people are willing to pay you to do.

>When YouTube dries up

hahaha
We're stuck with Youtube forever. Facebook and Twitter will die before Youtube because it has an absolute monopoly and every alternative to it is either completely irrelevant or dies within a year

>2017
>VR is over and dead
>SJW getting BTFO all over
>Youtube ecelebs getting ruined
If Twitter shuts down all of my predictions will have come true.

>e-celebs attempt to get into the esports scene
>fail miserably
can't wait

>what a worthless use of time
What? Getting paid to sit around and enjoy yourself is more worthless than wasting over half of your life on a job you hate just for some pocket change? wew.

Twitter will die but I don't think it will be this year quite yet.

>gf is a school teacher
>asked the kids the other day what they want to be when they grow up
>mfw several of them wants to be a let's player

If money isn't pumped into YouTube through ads it will drive away users by the millions driving away more ads creating a domino effect that leaves YouTube a empty husk like MySpace

This is a good point, lets plays are primarily watched by fresh teenagers and children with a disposable income of nothing.

This might be the best thing to hit the culture surrounding videogames since hentai flash games started hitting the web

>Waaaah you can't enjoy working
Did your NEET friends tell you that?

And yeah, if a friend told me he was streaming I'd tell him not to bother right to his face. It's a worthless use of time, son

best type of channels are the literally-who channels that makes god tier griefing videos, prove me wrong

Playing video games and getting paid for it is entertainment.

The only difference is that they are not like other entertainers, they use other peoples material for monetary gains.

I would honestly not be surprised if game studios and large publishers begin making CAD orders or some shit because its content.

Just like the music industry does the same crap.

Once that starts happening the lets players and the stream girls and blah blah blah are going to have no where to go.

Their resume will look like - "I played video games for 10 years, I am now 28 with no relevant skills other than mild photoshop and blender abilities."

In the long run they are just damaging themselves, let them ruin their own shit.

Money runs out people, it's not like youtube streamers are investment moguls, they will whisk away their "fortune" and be left with nothing.

Although I need to say, most of this thread is chock full of envy, which is understandable. That envy turns into hate. I know i envy people that can just sit on ass and play video games all the time and make some decent money.

Let's just be real here.

Examples?

That's just not gonna happen.
The reason why MySpace died was because an alternative came up that was just straight up better.
There is no better alternative than Youtube. I mean there's twitch but the typical Youtube style video format doesn't work on there.

The whole thing with companies dropping their ad support for Youtube is getting blown way out of proportion. In reality, only a really small portion of the ads that they had playing were removed.

my pal made this recently
>inb4 shill
youtube.com/watch?v=hsj9C2MuOms

Not him, but, "The Bad Guys" are ma niggas

Serious question:
Is there really a difference between entertainers on youtube and entertainers on standard tv?
And before you say talent and effort there are a lot of shit on tv that have people that don't have talent or put a lot of effort in.
So when you say real job how does that not extend to people who work on tv? Just because they have official contracts? Just because the medium is different (which is rapidly becoming less and less of a case as tv and internet become more intertwined with each other)

Stop standing up for them you dumb cuck. Did you like it when that rabbi slurped your donger? Cuz u sure are returning the favor

>ed edd n eddy music
bretty good

Kiddos don't have credit cards so patreon is a no go for them. The YT cash cow era is over, even if YT overall remains shit.

Delete this fucking Goyim! delete it right now

There are very few that I think produce broadcast worthy material. Accursed Farms is definitely the only channel whose audio could be used professionally, not even IGN can master their monotone audio as effectively.

I can't just sit and watch somebody play a videogame, these channels need to be more than just an overhyped skype session, otherwise I wouldn't consider it well produced, quality entertainment, it's exactly what it sounds like: a teenager breathing through his nose directly into the mic.

That's mostly a European thing though, happening because racism is illegal in Europe. American YT has been floating along fine because companies can't be persecuted for inadvertently supporting racist speech. The WSJ is just the most obvious example, Coke and GM have also pulled a lot of ads because they're scared shitless.

that doesn't mean it can't spread here or that it doesn't affect YT as a whole, though. But it starts from Europe

Learn how to spell you fucking hick.

there isnt a better alternative now, but that doesnt mean there wont ever be
the only thing safe right now on youtube is shit like music videos
everything else is getting demonitized left and right
someone will make a new platform and money hungry content creators will move there
youtube(google?) thinks its too big to fail so its doing whatever the hell it wants

lmao kid, that might just happen if the world was as simple as you.

If you think video sharing / content creation sites like Youtube will just disappear, along with let's players, you're so wrong. Youtube has something like a billion unique users, watching videos and interacting with the content on a daily basis. A fucking billion.

That's not to say it's "too big to fail", the situation with the ad-revenue is akin to investors withdrawing from a market, only to reenter again when they feel more secure. The dying old media, which WSJ is a part of, may scare advetisers away temporarly; assuming they didn't fabricate the problems with their ads system.

Even if we assume something IS wrong with Youtube's system, this will only pressure them into reinventing their business model. Probably, Youtube Red (the subscription-fee based Youtube) will just become their main focus. It'll be exclusive for approved content creators, so that Youtube can control the content. Perhabs they'll retain and rename the current Youtube, make it ad-free so creators have an incentive to move to Red instead. The possibilities are many.

I can almost promise you, that Let's Players will be even better off after all this shit is over with. I think you'll only see the small "literally who" channels will go away. PewDiePie, Markiplier, and so forth, will continue to play shitty horror games on Youtube and pretend to be scared for years to come.

>Pixar fag

it all makes sense now.

in b4 just pretending

They'll just switch to streaming, moderately successful streamers get a living wage off of donations and subs.

The idea of a "real job" is dumb anyway, most of the worlds money circulates with deceit as its pump. It's arguably one of the more "honest" ways to make a living.

You cannot make an effective living streaming. At least not without somebody else paying your rent, or keeping your living costs under 12 grand a year.

Also, how's that streaming paying for your eventual retirement? Would you claim that as income when you apply for a mortgage? An actuary would shove you out the front door faster than a flaming bag of dog shit

You're a fucking idiot aren't you?

Yes. Yes they will. They absolutely will.

>You cannot make an effective living streaming
I'm gonna take the bait.
Any Youtuber with more than 50,000 views a week can make more than a decent living.

only "watch time" matter, not views

Firstly, I'm not seeing any evidence of that statement being true.
And Secondly, it's more than reasonable to assume that only a small minority of viewers aren't watching long enough to put some money in the bank.

So either way, my statement stands.

Finally,

while i have to work a from monday to saturday to make 130k a year youtubers sit on their fat asses all day and make double or triple what i make. FML

what is it with liberals and their bitter jealousy of people who have it better than them?

Personally I applaud them for exploiting the system, but if I were able to fuck them over (for money, especially), I'd gladly do it.
t. crab bucket

I still chuckle every time I see a europoor act superior, they can literally be arrested for saying mean things.

Americans can be arrested for equally dumb things.

Until someone creates a video website that loads fast and doesn't crash every minute... Maybe.

Shut up niggerfaggoteurokike

Ive been saying this for years but everyone called me crazy. The goldrush always runs out.

The next phase will be to target twitch as well.

It's because butthurt old media outlets are coming to companies and saying "your ads are appearing on racist YouTube videos!"

Of course, this won't work in the long run because YouTube makes something in the ballpark of billions of ad dollars a year, and companies don't care about morals more than their bottom line.

Just a hail Mary from journalists to save their dying careers.

>see "successful" streamer
>lives with parents rent free or has shitty apartment

Why do people do this?

What will happen is that they will simply self censor and make outcasts of anyone that doesn't.

Right now they think they can argue against it but in the end when they see that money > principles it will all come falling around them.

Name one thing an American can be arrested for that is dumber than "he said something mean on Twitter"

Which is literally something someone in the UK got arrested for.
Might've even been a raid.

>gf is a school teacher
>her male students constantly ask her which console I have
>only own a fucking pc and these kids are shitters anyway

So only streamers with content made for adults will remain? I can live with that, even if Dan Olson and SBFP are the only ones that fit it.

He's right. It's why the YouTube animation scene is dead. It doesn't matter how many views they get. Their videos are too short to make a profit.

>130k

So I guess DJs, pundits, salesman, critics, narrators, and bartenders don't fucking exist. Wew, lad.

kinder egg ownership you dumb burger

Playing video games for money is /literally/ their job though.

Good
We never needed a million different amnesia let's plays or a thousand different top tens channels
Can't wait for YouTube to purge all those shitty channels,. The actual good ones can survive on patreon or something
By the way there is no way the shit we don't watch on TV will do any better there, YouTube was for viral videos and the odd content creator, that's what it should be like

Hey man, not cool. I do playtesting and QA. It's real tiresome.
You think it's all fun and games until you have to replay a level 1000 times over hunting a weird bug so it can be fixed before the deadline.

Breaking the Kinder egg law isn't an arrest-able offence. You're fined.

Also, the toys inside present a potential choking hazard for small children.
This is still not as dumb as literally throwing someone behind bars for calling you stupid online.

There isn't, this is just a matter of jelly sad sobs telling themselves they could be just as big as pewdiekike if they wanted.

>It's why the YouTube animation scene is dead
This is definitely nitpicking but,
I admit most of the animation section on Youtube is just clips from animated TV series but actual animators like Domics, Tomska, and Piemations are just making longer videos.
So it's possible, and probably true, that doesn't stop creators from making longer content and viewers watching the minimum length.

You know Google hasn't made a dime with youtube. Never made a single dime. It costs them money. The real fault isn't Political. The fault is that google doesn't want to hire people to sell ad space. They use bots for everything.

>Work IT at a public school
>It's state testing time so I have to run around to make sure hundreds of students don't destroy their testing laptops
>One kid in the hall asks me if I play Roblox

The trending tag on Youtube was a mistake.

200 sweaty NEETS giving 5 dollars a month will give a youtuber enough to live on.

Entertainers on TV have brain dead audiences that pretty much act as laugh tracks.

You'd be surprised. The one LPer I follow makes 1500 a month on it, and he's far from the most popular one out there.

Do you even know how ad space on youtube are sold?

1500 minus about 30% state and federal tax since that counts as income and whatever pateron takes. So about 1k a month which is poverty level.