DUDE LET'S RIP OFF BERSERK BLATANTLY LMAO

>DUDE LET'S RIP OFF BERSERK BLATANTLY LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

a90skid.com/rumor-debunk-dark-souls-miyazaki-berserks-miura-not-collaborating/
giantbomb.com/profile/7force/blog/dark-souls-design-works-translation-weapons-and-eq/99682/
youtube.com/watch?v=l-uuR9B1gjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah this fight was way too on-the-nose with it's fanservice and referencing. He uses the exact same equipment as Guts and also attacks with his fucking cape. Not to mention how blatant the opening cutscene was with his throw move being the literal exact same as Artorias' throw in his cutscene and using the exact same effects for his Dark Soul related attacks as the Orphan of Kos does with his blood attacks but reskinned orange. Was still a great fight but the pretense felt really forced.

>he only noticed in DS3 of all games
hurr

Worst thing about Souls babies is that they're huge Berserkfags. Literally every fucking Souls it's "hehe guts" "hehe look 2hand gutzZz build"

Cancer.

Hand it over. That thing, your shitpost.

Shut up jojofag

>hes got a big sword
>huuuuuurrrrrr its berserk

weebs truly are cancer

This is how butthurt personababbies sound while complaining about jojo
Holy shit my sides

It's almost like beserk is an influence for souls or something

>love jojo when they used the hamon
>creator then says fuck it and completely gets rid of it for stand powers

whilst that is true, it doesnt stop these fags every time they see a big sword.

Well, at least there is no handcannon.
He has a fucking autocrossbow. With a crank.

There's a fucking character named "Rickert of Vinheim".

They've never been shy about it.

But Stands are better. At least, in everything post Part 3 they are. He decided to make the change since every shonen at the time used that sort of vague life energy power and he'd already taken it to the extreme with Joseph and there was nowhere else to take it so he came up with an open ended system where everyone has a single ability, no matter how abstract or simple, and the fights are about how they use them.

They have done that since ds1. Artorias and heck even the dlc cover is just Guts.
and im ok with that

>Hamonfags are the worst

If he had kept hamon and a new jojo every part it would be pretty boring to watch them t rain and powerup every time

Hamon was boring

show me a character that looks like Gael in Berserk.

Finally, I see someone who gets it. I feel right at home here. Really fun fight but unnecessarily forced lore.

Are you retarded? If you wanna get mad get mad about how they basically ripped off their own game.
>We want the Artorias Audience

F A C T

Allant is still the best "fast moving sword holding man" boss in the series.

Part 2 felt like the natural limit of what could be achieved with Hamon, both in Joseph's tricky tricks and the Pillar Men being the most powerful beings that could logically be hurt by what's essentially concentrated sunlight. There was really nowhere to go with it after 2 without becoming contrived as fuck.

Artorias was a shit character, and I have no idea why From got so hung up on this Wolfaboo, he got ring, armor, covenants and weapons each game.

do you realize how long ago that was

dude you arent even old enough to remember that you fucking edgy faglord you were probably not even alive in 1989 you absolute dipshit

eat a dick neo Sup Forums i fucking hate you all

I'm so glad I grew out of the contrarian "everything's a rip off" stage.

Creators borrow from other creators, and From has been inspired by Berserk since Demons Souls.

Are there any Jojo builds?

they all suck in DaS3

I've seen a guy who made his character purple and wore nothing but the Nameless King headpiece and used the Caestus for a Star Platinum build. I got ganked by these two guys on PS4 once, the phantom was naked and completely pink and used nothing but fire bombs. And you can always just wear the generic Knight set and use a rapier for Silver Chariot.

I thought the same thing at the beginning of part 3 but then you can easily see how better stands are.

>Part 8's main villain is friends with a cripple
Josuke and Yasuho already beat up the cripple and tried to drown him, I'm not looking forward to seeing what they do to Joubin.

Berserk invented greatswords
Berserk invented cloaks
Berserk invented armor
Berserk invented fighting
Evangelion invented storytelling
Halo invented FPS

>DUDE LET'S RIP OFF EVIL DEAD BLATANTLY LMAO

I swear animefags are the fucking worst.

He's really not that impressive anymore considering all the bosses we've got now, take off your goggles.

But Haruhi DID invented Moeshit and killed anime

I will never understand people who like anime, glad this pic exists

you forgot your (you)

Hamon powers couldnt last for 8 parts

>read/watch whatever media from Japan
>find something that looks like a new concept/idea
>later find out something very similar has been done in the west long ago
I honestly can't remember an original concept coming from that island

>classic horror series inspires someone to make references to it in his own original work
Wow what a ripoff

Tbf, Army of Darkness came AFTER Berserk, but k.

The manga legit didn't reach many points in that image prior to the movie though.

So it's a bit too easy to point out similarities in character design, as Guts existed prior to Ash

You forgot your argument along with your brain

Did no one play devil kings?

His cape attack is more of a Nobunaga reference

Didn't need one.

Here's your (you)

You forgot yours:

Why are jojofags so autistic

yare yare daze

Miura himself has said in interviews that he likes and was influenced by the Evil Dead films.

Let's also not forget the blatant Hellraiser references.

I challenge everybody who shits on berserk to give me something even CLOSE to berserk in your "grown-up media".

I'll wait.

Oh, so Miura admits it?

That's okay.

Except Miyazaki doesn't.

That's not okay,

Berserk is for people who don't like manga, and shit to boot.

Miyazaki admits his inspiration from Berserk in the Design Works in literally every single one of these games.

Miyazaki met with Miura and teased a collaborated project together. I think it's obvious the guy admires him a lot.

for me it was always the exactg opposite

I saw so much cool concepts and designs in western movies and games and thought how brilliantly creative they are, only to find it later that they are blantant copies of Japanese designs.

the same with berserk

nope

a90skid.com/rumor-debunk-dark-souls-miyazaki-berserks-miura-not-collaborating/

>it's another 'weebs think something ripped-off their rip-off' thread

why the fuck are you shitposting?
you literally don't know jackshit about the topic

they were talking about the inspirations for ideas in interviews and they already mentioned characters from Berserk, Jojo and Saint Saiya as the base of some of their character designs

The first Evil Dead came out in 1981, the second in 1987. Ash is older than Guts.

>manga is popular so you have to disown it to disassociate yourself from normalfags

>execution doesn't matter

You all try way too hard to be unique.

The japanese buy into the whole "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" thing hard. They blatantly rip stuff off because they feel they blatanty love it. With the exception of that DBZ composer ripping off earth wind and fire, when they're confronted they will just outright admit it.

Miyazaki said in an interview that he handed the animation team the dvd set of berserk and his personal manga collection of berserk and said thats how he wants the great/ultra swords to work.

>no source

Kill yourself Toei fag

I doubt Jin-Roh was the first to introduce black clad, red-eyed soldiers, to be honest.

What are you, fucking retarded or something? Miyazaki has said several times a lot of Souls stuff was inspired by Berserk. Even some of Bloodborne had Berserk references.

He was just generic horror movie guy in the first one.
Evil Dead didn't became what it is known for now until the second one.

That's actually a fabrication by Dark Horse.
A lot of what you mentioned aren't references. They're similarities. In fact, Miura has stated that he finished the first episode of Berserk before he even saw Evil Dead 2, and he was even worried that he might be sued because he felt Ash and Guts were so similar.
But that's the extent of it, it seems; mere coincidence.

Berserk came out years before Army of Darkness you uncultured faggots

ash didn't had his "guts-like" design before guts tho, the image is either a shitty bait or proves the exact opposite of what it's trying to convey

Part 8 has been the best part so far. I hope it won't end soon, even though it feels like we're at the end.

source:

>Q: We talked about Kaoru Kurimoto's Guin Saga earlier. And my next question is... Is there any cartoonist, director or movie that influenced you?

A: "Well, it's a Japanese cartoonist, but... like Mr. Go Nagai, I believe he's very famous in the U.S. He was a big influence on me. I love his dynamic style. And I have a couple of favorite American film directors. I like the movies of Tim Burton and Sam Raimi. This is another strange story. Back then I was still in college, it was the day I finished the first episode of Berserk and there was "Evil Dead 2" playing at theaters. So after I mailed it to the publisher, I went to see it. It was so similar to Berserk, I was really surprised by myself. In "Evil Dead 3," I also know it as "Captain Supermarket"... the main character had his arm cut off and he had a chainsaw attached to his arm and had a shotgun on his back. I was like "What the?" Because Guts has a gun on his arm and a huge sword on his back. It was just like Ash. I remember getting worried that I might get sued. I just finished my very first cartoon, but I was already nervous. I'm a big fan of Sam Raimi's movies, I like "Dark Man", too. He got really big after "Spider-Man," but I still like his movies. And I like Tim Burton, because his movies are always 'offbeat.' It's almost strange that a person can be that offbeat and big at the same time. But that's why I love his movies. James Cameron lost his touch after he got big. Well, I don't know if he thinks of himself as offbeat. But when I saw "Terminator," as a Sci-fi fan, I was really excited that he was one of those offbeat geniuses, like Tim Burton... but turns out he wasn't. And of course, "Star Wars" is my all-time favorite movie. I saw it when I was little, so I was really shocked, I was a big Star Wars fan ever since. But "Episode 1" was very weak. The script needed some work.

Was the Star Platinum guy on PC?

giantbomb.com/profile/7force/blog/dark-souls-design-works-translation-weapons-and-eq/99682/

litterally just had to google dark souls interview you faggot

>giantbomb

Haha, almost as relevant as kdramastars

How is Miyazaki saying he gave them the berserk DVD set and manga a fabrication of dark horse?

I hate Souls games and love Berserk. How is this guy anything like Guts aside from having a cape, wearing armor and having a big sword that's half the size of the Dragonslayer?

Wut?
It's a fake interview because you don't like the website?

I don't understand the purpose of hole in his chest.
Was he trying to cut the seal of the Gods?

Nah We've only just gotten confirmation that Jobin is the main villain, I doubt we'd go direct into the finale just now. also the first chapter of this year said something about how this year was going to be all about building momentum, so the finale won't even begin until mid to late next year at the latest and that's pushing it. Araki's finale's end up being like nearly a quarter of the length of the story up to that point so there's a good few years left in Part 8 yet. Part 7 was rushed towards the end with pretty much everything but the train fight being dropped since Araki underestimated how long it'd take to write SBR monthly and didn't want to spend a decade on it, but JJL is something he was actually prepared to spend upwards of 10 years on if need be, and we're nearly 6 years into it's run at the moment. I'd be willing to bet that pic related was the halfway point given it closed numerous plotlines and opened others and happened pretty much right on 5 years in.

>sword is longer than his body
>even longer before it broke
>one hands the sword
fucking retarded edgy shit

Jin Roh came out in the 90's
Killzone is literally the biggest rip-off of it's artstyle, the new wolfenstein is another one

>inb4 another autistic e celeb tries making people shitpost Berserk into oblivion like was one with JoJo

Why do weebs always think Japan invented something that has been around since forever?

How many of you realise the only reason anime exists is because of Disney?

>why do people think this series that has stated it's influence from a manga series might also make references to that manga series

Do the fucking math, user. and I'll let you tend to the rabbits when you're done

Mostly it was the auto crossbow, character wise he's nothing like Guts. He just has similar attacks since Miyazaki likes Berserk a lot and wanted to reference it in the final battle of the final DLC. Gael decided he'd hunt and eat every single human being in the world until the end of time just so he could get some paint for his adopted niece who is going to create a world inside a painting that you can use to wait out the apocalypse. You get sent forward in time and find out that Gael took the long way and find him in the middle of eating the last living human besides you when he lashes out after forgetting why he was eating people ages before, and after you beat the shit out of him he coughs up blood and sees the essence of humanity in it and remembers that it was his blood that was needed for her to finish her painting then he stands upright and begins fighting exactly like Guts while a storm begins and a lightning starts striking everywhere.

That entire arc was god tier dude. Fucking amazing story telling and paneling, it's brilliant.

Who's this even supposed to be a reference to?

Skullknight?

Reply wasn't aimed at you.

Mainly at

you are fucking misinformed

Japan (like the whole world) used disney's animation style early on but after a few years they came up with the anime artstyle and use it to this day. It handles fps and the rules of their artstyles completely uniquely and it wastly differs from disney's.

Sup Forums is retarded, my dear user. Anyone using a greatsword is a reference to Berserk. Because Berserk invented great swords.

They do have a point when it comes to the repeating crossbow, though.

>Just started SBR a couple of days ago
>Those opening 2 volumes alone
Holy shit if it maintains this level of intensity throughout 24 volumes then it'd be literally 10/10 flawless.

The Stands haven't even been introduced yet.

Yeah JoJolion has been a fucking great step forward in his storytelling. He had more freedom with Steel Ball Run but he was still stuck with 17 years of shonen writing formula in his head and not very committed to writing it for a decade but with JoJolion he's gotten everything down nearly perfectly. The first 20 chapters were pretty boring but as soon as the Rock Humans showed up it became a wild ride that's only gotten better and hasn't let up once. Also Damo is best boy with the best Stand named after the best band.

Educate yourself you newfag underage b&

youtube.com/watch?v=l-uuR9B1gjQ

>broken sword of guts
>cape of spawn
>beard of that kushan guy
everything its a copy!

if fruit dad dies i will fucking drop this

>"I am retarded, my dear user. Anyone using a greatsword and admits to referencing Berserk is a reference to Berserk. Because Berserk invented great swords."

ftfy

It gets a lot better, but it's not without flaws. After it switches to monthly it improves but a lot of prior characters and plot points are dropped, then later on once the final confrontation begins every other plotline besides that one is dropped since he didn't want to keep writing it for another 3 years, and some really cool characters are just dropped. What it does right it does REALL right though. And Part 8 has a very slow start but has been the most consistent Part in terms of quality and has only gotten better, and the writing and paneling is fucking amazing. It also has more named female characters than even Part 6 and they're all really well written characters too, better than a lot of the male ones as well.

He kind of has to, his son is the main villain and his wife is against him, plus he was originally against Josuke but grew to like him and see him as one of his own children and is helping him now. There's no way Araki won't kill him off, he has no self control when it comes to major character deaths. Also furit dad's endgame was to sacrifice his own life for his grandson's if the magic fruit didn't work how they wanted it to, someone that pure cannot live in Araki's twisted world.

some of these are beyond ridiculous

Jjba has used stands since before you were born, and jjba part 3 was a huge Sup Forums meme since you were six years old

Where is that admission?

He's wearing assless chaps

He's an old man wearing assless chaps