What is the most anoying debuff to you?

What is the most anoying debuff to you?

frog
sleep
and slow

in that order

Inverted controls.

Sidenote: This series will forever be a disappointment for me.

It's got great characters, fantastic villains, an interesting story and some of the most legit worldbuilding I've seen in shounen in years. And it pisses all of that away to make shitty jokes about kneesocks and drown in fanservice.

It doesn't need to be a completely serious story, but if it was just a little more straight laced, damn, it would be so good. The Necromancers are great villains, the Loli chick has some fucking A-Class backstory, the MC has a pretty cool outline with his traps and even the shitty Heroine has a pretty decent character arc.

What a goddamn waste.

Which manga is this from?

Also, frog.

Google it

what is frog?

poison is the fuckin' worst
and petrify

Any manner of slowing in a game that's normally fast or at least moderately paced, doesn't even annoy it's infuriating. Especially if it's unavoidable and just an environment hazard.

frog

Dunno if that picture is Christian enough

The Hero is Dead. Worth checking out, but be prepared for a LOT of kneesocks jokes.

See:

attack slow and movement slow especially when ranged enemies spam that on you

Paralysis/Sleep, no question about it.
At least other debuffs order you to change up your stategy and work around the obstacle, all paralysis/sleep does is make you stare at the screen and wait.

Enrage or dizzy is pretty annoying in the persona games.

>Inverted controls
This, and attacks that temporarily block your ability to do certain actions. Fuck them both.

>no confuse in the thread
Its the worst fucking debuff goddamn. Not only you lose a turn but you gain a temporary enemy

Silence, at least in all the games I've played

Anything that prevents movement or commands for more than 3 seconds.

fatigue and paralyze in Tales of Berseria

all of them

>Get slowed in 2d game
>It decreases your jump height

>There's only 1 type of enemy that does petrification in the game
>I didnt bring any cure for it.

I really annoyed by it, they should increase numbers of enemies of that type for me to care.

Charm.
Especially when it results in your party member healing the enemy.

>Inverted controls
>just when you get used to it it switches back again

Not really a debuff, but enemy spells thst increase their DR and spells that mirror damage.

It's bullshit how a mage can become a tank + dps. Fucking Heroes of the Underdark.

Quiet

Been seeing Hero is Dead all over threads this week. Guess maybe I'll finally give it a go.

Blind/darkness isn't as debilitating as other debuffs like stun/freeze/petrify but it's more annoying in that you THINK you can get away without cleansing it but RNG will fuck you over continuously and because it's not as "strong" a debuff, enemies can also usually spam it more often even if you do cleanse.

It's a final fantasy status effect that turns you into a frog.

>enemy wizard charms the party member I'm romancing
>it's successful, she falls for him and cucks me

REEEEEEEEE

dodge debuffs

FUCK OFF DARKEST DUNGEON

When the enemy turns you into a frog. During frog you can't:

>cast spells
>do skills
>use items

You have to wait for someone who isn't a frog to use a cure on you. Also your defense goes down a lot in some games, things like evasion and defense are effected.

Confusion or panic or any other de-buff causes a character to attack his own team.

Either posion for making me buy antidotes in bulks instead of saving my shekels or panic/confuse or whatever that makes my party went full retard or kill eachothers while completely ignoring my commands.

Silence since in rpgs I like to play spellcasters so if there's a silence status I'm now just a commoner in silly clothing.

RNG bullshit like confusion or paralyze in Pokemon.

Petrify that counts as death.
God damn it, game! I'm not fucking dead! My teammate has an item that can cure that status instantly!

RNG-based debuffs are the most frustrating because they have the potential to absolutely fuck you up if you roll badly. Stuff like berserk or confused where a party member attacks and kills a critical ally or decides to heal an enemy.

That shit infuriated me playing ff2

charm and frog

that said, honorable mention to Castlevania Curse of Darkness
>boss poisons you then speeds up time so the poison insta-gibs you

Get ready to fall in love then be extremely disappointed.

It's a series with tons of potential that squanders that potential wallowing in the land of meaningless fanservice.

>it's a "poison is a complete non-issue through the entire game except for one boss who auto-applies poison on every hit and can't be beaten without poison-immunity items/abilities" game

>you can apply debuffs on bosses and it's not the situational "I'm immune to everything except this one debuff"

Fucking up your movement controls for long enough that you get used to the fucked up version, then they revert to normal and you get fucked up all over again.

From recent, there that part in Automata were machines hacking YorHa and they also hack you in area, they disable your evade system so you cant run away from hack easily then they brake your glasses and you cant see shit and getting gang up.

>Fall in love with a girl who's in love with another man
>She realises she'll never have him so marries me instead
>Time passes. Happy life, two daughters
>Except, apparently, she never got over how she settled for me and winds up cheating on me, with my eldest daughter in tow.
>Youngest is still a Daddy's girl, but it's only so long before she's corrupted too

God fucking damnit.

>shout at someone
>they dodge it

Inverted controls
Slow
Freeze

Pretty much anything movement-related.
I've never been so pissed off at slow when I played Nioh.

>piss off some spellcaster
>summons this faggot
>barely win the fight
>str sapped to 0 PERMANENTLY
>no potions to enhance str or fix the debuff
>permanently overencumbered and slow as molases, no fast travel

Jesus Christ remember to save often senpai

Was about to post this.
Add this fucker too.

Confusion

Level drain is the only answer

Patra
>Hello, it's a midgame boss with a party wide random debuff attack and 1/4 regeneration
>Did i mention if your main gets patra'd is game over for you

Fuck Ouroboros eternally

In FFT you can't do shit about it. And forget about going back to normal if you don't have someone with throw item.

Wouldn't that be charm? Confusion usually gives you and the enemy even odds to eat shit

Out-fucking skilled.

A specific type of polymorph.

If you're looking for Manga that's actually worth reading, lemme reccomend four I've enjoyed lately. All are better than Hero is Dead:

Grand Blue

+Fucking hilarious. Legit the most hilarious I've read in a long time.
+Set in university, not highschool
+Romance is not a priority
+Lots of drinking
-The first 2-3 chapters are a slog to get through, only gets it's groove on when the MC stops being the "straight man" for the jokes.

Jitsu Wa Watsashi Wa

+MC has legit friends who support him, rather than assholes who sabotage him
+Romance is a big factor, but it doesn't dip around with "will they won't they", the main couple is clear, gets together and makes proper progress throughout the series.
+Amazing reactions, funny as fuck faces.
+Goddamn just funny as hell in general. A LOT of callbacks to earlier chapters and brick jokes.
+DA FEELS too, really well done.
-Highschool
-A little too wacky though. Some of the jokes fall flat because of this, it's hard to take it completely seriously at times.

Yomeiro Choice

+Funny. Really damn funny.
+Good, original (for it's time) premise.
+Incest.
+True harem ending, he fucks all the girls, including some of his daughters and some of the minor characters.
-Way, way too wacky. Can't take the serious bits serious because some of the humour is just way too out there.
-Fanservice out the wazoo, more than half the series exists for fanservice it feels like.

Promised Neverland:

+One of the most gripping, intense, psychological stories I've read since Death Note pt1
+Dark, difficult world and situation
+Everyone has a Keikaku, plot twists everywhere
+Great, great characterisation
-Characters are all kids

Fuck stone and instant death and the like in any game where death of MC means Game Over.