Hitman Absolution is a disappointment?

I have been a die-hard Hitman fan since I was a kid, I got into the series when Hitman Contracts was released, and was so impressed about it that I replayed Hitman Codename 47 and Hitman Silent Assassin 2 after finishing it. Hitman Blood Money was best so far and it was my favorite Hitman game. However, I was madly hyped for Hitman Absolution, which heavily disappointed me. It's a decent game, but not a Hitman game and not in the Hitman style. Not only that, but it was a chronological mistake. I haven't played the new HITMAN so far, but I'll give it a go. So, two questions:
1. Is the new HITMAN good?
2. Do you also agree that Hitman Absolution was a big disappointment or is it just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nh5H_E7TDHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hitman absolution has a few levels that are ok, but its mostly shit

The new hitman game though is really fun and quite a bit like blood money, but its not very well optimized and makes a certain map borderline unplayable

new Hitman is swell. big levels, sandbox feel, but it's also underbudget, so if you're looking for atmosphere, whether it be good music (it's mediocre and repetetive) or sense of locale (all characters are voices by same 3 or 4 actors, everyone speaking english no matter where you are in the world), look elsewhere.

hitman/stealth fag here
1 - yes , the new hitman is a return to what made blood money great and its a very fun game
-story is there but not the main focus , serves as a backbone to the missions
-lots of environmental kills and hidden things to find in every mission
-47 looks like archer

just remember to disable hints immediately because they literally tell you where to go

2- yes, absolution was a disappointment . Couldnt even finish it , the only mission i remember liking was the chinese year one

>Hitman Absolution was a big disappointment
I tolerated it up until the point where you had to fight your way out of that church.
>disguises do nothing
>literally nowhere to hide
>you are still penalized for killing enemies
>oh and there's a metric fuckton of them :^)
I unironically hope that whoever designed that masterpiece gets leukemia.

New Hitman has some rough edges but it's a gigantic step back in the right direction after the fucking disaster that was Absolution. 2016 goes back to the sandbox style gameplay and the maps are massive. There's way more replayability in 2016 than any other Hitman game, and I somehow managed to pour 300+ hours away on BM which isn't even half as replayable as the new one.

If nu-Hitman came out after Blood Money it'd be declared a mediocre entry and forgotten in a jiffy.
But since it came out after Absolution it's actually considered tolerable.

Absolution had some good levels (or parts of the levels since lots of "levels" are just broken down mini levels to get to doors.)

The one is the courtroom was nice
The one where Layla was the target is also a nice multi level building with many different methods to kill her.
The cornfield one had potential

I don't think so because there would've been more budget for it and it would've probably be as good if not better than BM. But, nope, Absolution happened and not sure if squeenix lost faith because I thought the first time hitman normie players loved Absolution?

It'd probably not be episodic which would be a start at least.

1. Yep, it's really good. It has some flaws mostly for budget issues, and Jesper Kyd is not there doing the OST.

2. Also yes, Absolution was a BIG disappointment in almost every level, except the graphics which are nice. It has some okay levels here and there but everything felt incredibly "light" compared to the other games of the franchise.

Absolution was retarded levels of dissapointment.

>Kills the whole concept of disguises
>Hard mode is bullshit
>Checkpoint-based segments
>Wastes a ton of good ideas
>Meh-tier to shit-tier levels
>Small as fuck cover based stealth segments where you escape or infiltrate
>Not making up it's mind if it wants to be a classic Hitman or a modern stealth game and fucks both up

This video perfectly sums every reason why it was a massive letdown.

youtube.com/watch?v=nh5H_E7TDHg

>Kills the whole concept of disguises
How is it different than Hitman 2016 disguise system?

>until the point where you had to fight your way out of that church

When did that happen?

Absolution wasn't as bad as neo-Sup Forums 'spergs it out to be, it just wasn't as robust as previous Hitman games because it had more linear elements.

Hitman 2016 and Blood Money are still my favorites in the franchise. I might revisit Silent Assassin again but there's that annoying resolution workaround to get it to look right on the PC.

Absolution was a decent game, but it wasn't a good Hitman game.
The new Hitman fixes everything.

The only thing that I dislike about HITMAN™ is the episodic release bullshit.

I really rather wait until all of it is out until I buy it... They're still making the fuckin game ffs.

Other than that, what I've played has been pretty good... Clever ways to kill. I hate how the game tries to guide you through everything though, just fuck off so I can figure it out on my own, I like the challenge...

Are you talking about the final mission where the agency is searching Burnwood family mosoleum to verify that Diana was dead and you have to take out the chick and Powers Boothe in the final mission?

Ignore this, Absolution was linear shit pure sloppy shit

>I hate how the game tries to guide you through everything though, just fuck off so I can figure it out on my own, I like the challenge...
Turn Opportunities off. They really should be off by default. Far too many people complain about the game being easy while playing with the optional tutorial turned on. Turn that shit off ASAP.

I didn't buy it on release, waited until Christmas and got season 1 super cheap on Steam. Really fucking fun game. I think they're working on season 2 right now.

Sapienza is not a meme, it really was one of my favorite maps in any hitman game. plus you got to show off that sexy daniel craig-like physique in stylish clothing...like sex panther daniel craig...just like oiled up and ready to go...

In current Hitman game you have around 10 npcs on each level who can see through your disguise and you can easily see them on minimap and avoid. While in Absolushit every npc can spot you if you wear his uniform.

Some maps were linear, others allowed you to silent assassin multiple targets.

The only thing that really bothered me about Absolution was the plot; they went from somewhat serious "guy doing questionable things and grappling with the morality of it" to "HURR MURICA IZ NOTHING BUT RACISTS N PICKUP TRUCKS, YEEE-HAW!" Plus those nun assassins were beyond retarded. It was a plot I'd expect from some douchebag hack like Quentin Tarantino.

Absolution was my first Hitman game

I didn't have any other games in the series to compare it to at the time, so I really enjoyed it during my first playthrough. After playing most of the other games in the series though and then going back to Absolution years later, I can easily see why die-hard fans thought it was disappointment.

>No manual saves, and loading a checkpoint respawns all the non-target NPC's in the area, even if the game already acknowledges that you killed them previously
>A botched disguise system that in some cases doesn't make any sense, although I'll argue that nothing will ever be worse than Hitman 2's disguise system
>The game encourages you to 'play it your way', yet it condescendingly penalizes you when going on a murder spree
>It tried to be "cinematic" just for the sake of it, which lead to a few cases of 47 executing his targets in cutscenes, or forcing the player to execute their target during a scripted sequence

>every NPC

Isn't it the same in the reboot?
If I dress as technician X, all the technicians will be suspicious