Games that have aged like literal milk

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic unrelated?

Fpbp

You may well be baiting the zeldafags but I genuinely can't cope arcade classics (pacman, galaga, asteroids etc) outside of minigames

Not OP, and I don't necessarily agree with him, but after playing the 3DS version, I kinda couldn't go back.

Jesus Christ, I'm turning into a filthy casual Sup Forums.

It actually looks better when emulated on higher resolution displays.

how contrarian can we get? first it's best game ever, then it's shit, now it's best game ever again
holy fuck

Who would have guessed?

>literal
Learn grammar noob

every N64 game

Sup Forums isn't one person dipshit

If any Zelda game aged horribly it would be the Nes games

So now it's delicious pecorino Romano?

Do you mean you couldn't go back to the N64 version after playing the 3DS or you couldn't play the 3DS to begin with? If the first option, what made the 3DS so much better?

It's almost as if Sup Forums and Sup Forums as a whole thrives on extreme and polarizing opinions.

With the ammount of samefagging in this board, I don't know user. Not the guy you're replying to, btw.

>Not the guy you're replying to, btw.
I don't buy that for a second.

nice bait

anyway, this game is so overrated, you die in 3 hits and it's just not fun

I don't know why fighting games just copy this bland game when smash innovated the fighting genre and improved on bad, broken games like this and actually made them fun to play

everything about the 3ds version is better, bar the shadow temple censorship. You're only hurting yourself by not playing it.

I meant the first option. I hate to say this but for starters, the graphics are miles better. Now, do you remember how tedious the item switching was in places like, say, the water temple? Well, the touchscreen does wonders for that.

And it's always nice to play Oot or MM on the way to work.

That's what I get for meddling in other user's affairs, I guess.

yes it is

Astounding bait. upvoted

Aight, was just wondering because I kept hearing unspecified statements that it was better and fixed huge(?) issues in the original. I can see where you're coming from but I still think the inconvenience and discomfort of a handheld diminishes those improvements for me.

Well usually what you get from games that "aged like milk" is a more detailed look at the hot mess they actually are.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying; yet, I think it's pretty comfy to play handhelds in bed right before going to sleep. Back in the day when I was a kid, I never had Majora's Mask so my first time playing the game was with the 3DS version and I cannot think of a comfier way to play the game.

Give it a try.

Gothic 1, Max Payne 1 and 2

It looks best on a pvmeme with rgb output you fuckin newfag

>inconvenience and discomfort of a handheld
>literally pick up and play in bed

I think NES and especislly SNES games have aged much better than early 3d games. The controls in Zelda or Metroid feel exactly the way they always did to me, There's nothing nonfunctional or weird about those games, whereas mario 64 controls kind of badly

what is this aged meme I always see

Tiny gay screen, mismatched aesthetics, casualization

>literal milk
>literal

why even make this distinction?

The majority of Sup Forums was born in 1998 or later

Kids these days man

i'm 1996, a-am i good then?

this soulless trash

shibbolethed a nigger of sony

Figurative milk doesn't literally age. Don't want to confuse people.

But it can. Figuratively.

Pokemon Red/Blue. Without running, the only form of speed being bycycling, and limited bag space the game is a very slow trudge compared to its future iterations.
Not saying it isn't a masterpiece of its time, but with the present pokemon games being made around gutting gutting out the inconveniences, the contrast is very appearant.

Sonic Adventure, for sure. Still love it, though.

With that said: perhaps games aren't meant to appeal to future generations? Games are a product of their times. They are limited by the technology available at the time and they are shaped by the gaming trends of the time.

Look at it from a developer's perspective: how would you make a game such that it accurately predicts and fulfills the standards of players 20 years in the future? I imagine it would be pretty damn difficult to actually TRY to make a game that is guaranteed to stand the test of time, wouldn't you say?

In other words, we shouldn't fault a game because it's "aged like milk." We should look at them as they are presented with the mindset that this is how games were at that time.

>almond
>soy
>rice
>goat
>horse
>hamster
>human
There's a billion other milk than literal milks, user, they all age differently.

>almond
>soy
>rice
not literal milk, only figurative milk

animal milk is literal milk

Where are the dynamic shadows on those trees?

Shit game.

The QoL changes are fantastic. Assigning items with the touch-screen is a huge improvement over OoT's equpiment system, especially when you had to go in and out of the menu every time you wanted to change your boots. 3DS version adds the superior Master Quest.

Generation Z: the OP

Mario64

character model changes also suck. But still, dat quality of life improvement

The graphics for sure, but I think this game still holds up as best FF gameplay.

Gameplay in every FF is mashing attack and healing and V has the best customization.

Undertale

>turn-based, random encounter battle RPG with loading times

Right, aged like fine milk and can now be enjoyed as a delicious yogurt.

>threads that get posted every week

How pathetic is your life that you use this same image and thread name every week to broadcast your butthurt

>ocarina of time
milk from the nipple of Aphrodite

The most overrated video game of all time.

Prank phone calls

>turn-based

FFVII had that and ATB but defaulted to some mad mix of the two

You missed it by a couple of posts

nice bait

The in-between stuff counts too, not just the battle system: the mini games, the exploration, city/level design. The world isn't too big or too empty.

but i make none of those

>only achievement was innovative character animation rigging and a rudimentary physics engine, long surpassed by modern games
>the AI for Combine soldiers is actually amazing even for a modern game, but it's incredibly rare that you will ever notice due to the level design and the fact that you can just bunnyhop around at 5000mph spraying lead
>art direction has always been hot garbage
>opts for a semi-realistic tone but has Quake-style controls and gunplay
>half the weapons feel like Fisher Price toys
>especially bad offenders are the crowbar, SMG and pistol, which you'll be using nearly exclusively until about Chapter 7
>limited enemy variants
>the story is vague and nonsensical, it's clear at this point they never had a plan
>most of the more interesting ideas they had were scrapped in development because Valve couldn't figure out how to implement them effectively

Is there any reason at all to come back to this game? I can understand why Valve cancelled HL3.

I can replay HL1 and it's still just as fun to play, HL2 and its episodes just feel lackluster now.

Only if you are younger than 22 and attuned to disgusting shit games.

I can literally hear and feel that amazing, adventurous atmosphere of the game when just looking at this picture.

You're a madman

Sorry there wasn't any screenshake, motion blur or lock-on contextual melee animations, but the weapons were just fine. The effects and conventions that modern shooters use to add weight and visual impact and to simulate tactile response for weapons are tropes that some argue have not improved the genre.

I think you're better able to enjoy HL1 because it looks like Quake, but you've come to expect a number of modern conventions from a game that looks modern. The problem is, HL2 was the last traditional shooter, and the first cinematic one. It straddles a line that we sometimes forget even existed.

Milk ages into delicious cheese. So your point is that it still holds up? I agree.

It doesn't do either cinematic or traditional shooting well at all, it's just an awkward, awkward mix.

I loved it when it first released, but trying to replay it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Do you mean quality of light?

Nintendo's gotten away with being generally behind by using very pleasant light and shading. Round shit looks round on 3DS and I love it. Too bad it's been only first-party games that make full use of it

milk in a nuts

Pic related and the whole Uncharted saga. I wonder if Citizen Kane was also this irrelevant after a couple of moths on the cinema.

I don't think it's awkward. I think it's a pinnacle of design. It is definitely a mix, though. I don;t know why anybody's hostile to a game that plays and flows differently from level to level, with unique, one-off game elements and vastly different environments every fifteen minutes or so. Most games feel like one chapter or another out of HL2, but HL2 is many different things.

>a pinnacle of design

We clearly just blatantly disagree.
You should stop getting your opinions from other people, though.

Maybe but at least I can explore without the stupid fucking rain stopping me in my tracks like in BOTW.

I dont think the N64 itself aged very well. A few games still hold up(quest).

gr8 b8 m8

/thread

It's definitely not the greatest game ever made and has aged a bit but it's still a damn good game, and one of the best Zeldas.

I agree with you.

This.
However, lately I've found even the graphics not bothering me as much as they used to and they're even charming to me.

>aged like milk
what is it with Sup Forums and spamming random phrases like this. I never heard this until about a year ago and until some random user used it and now suddenly I see it 5 times a day.
Same with happened with "hands it out like candy". Can't you fucks come up with your own similes?

Most of Sup Forums is as old as Ocarina of Time. No wonder all the Zelda hate in this board.

Games dont age, theyre either good or bad.
Youre an autistic retard or baiting if you try to say otherwise

>how would you make a game such that it accurately predicts and fulfills the standards of players 20 years in the future?

Focus on making a genuinely good game? If a game succeeds at all, it remains good over time.

I'm currently playing FF8 on Steam, and for some reason it feels like the graphics are worse than FF7. Battles also feel a lot slower.

this whole website operates by removing identity and being one consciousness buddy.

i know its all for memes, but a lot of these fucks here are really just impressionable children.

This
The only games that could really qualify as aging badly are those that require some sort of online service or heavily depend on an active community.

This

When I played the Half-Life games I only knew one other person who had played them. I see more disapproval for HL2 here than praise, and this is the only games community I engage with. Since modern Sup Forums is more hostile to the game, and more generally hostile to any sort of popular consensus on anything, can you be sure that you're not the one who's been influenced?

You liked the game before, then you spent some time here, and now you don't. So what's up with that? I'm fine with disagreeing, but don't tell me that I don't actually think what I think simply because it's also apparent to most other people. Sometimes a thing is popular because it's actually good.

Reminder that a video game is no more or less playable (aside from things like technical compatibility with new operating systems)now that is was then, and the notion of games "aging" is fucking stupid. Only your expectations are changing.

obviously the 3ds links look way better but they don't even look like the same character minus the clothes. MM link never felt right in the 3ds version to me.

>nu Sup Forums hates oot and loves botw
I'd be pissed if it wasn't for the fact that in a decade people are going to be convinced botw was a complete pile of shit and the legend of zelda: puzzle adventures in hyrule for the ios and android is the game-of-the-decade and only true zelda.

I like the left pic better. He looks more badass.

96 was the beginning of the end.
t. 94fag

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literal

Definition 1) C

What about older games with obtuse control setups?

Designers have learned a lot about making controls intuitive and familiar from game to game within a genre, and there's no solid reason why designers in the past should have stuck to conventions that made controlling a game more complicated than the gameplay. Are these games victims of timelessly bad design, or do you think that learning the controls should be as much a part of the game as it was in the past? With the exception of simulators and the like, of course.

especially golden eye

stupid childhood idealized memories