Does this game really has the best pvp of the series?

does this game really has the best pvp of the series?

what's a good pvp build to try it?
every build I look has already been nerfed and doesn't work anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It has the best PvP because literally every weapon is viable if you have a suitable build to use it, and every weapon has at least one unique and useful feature that sets it apart. And there are a lot of weapons. Dodging with backsteps also adds a lot of depth and it has the best guard-break in the series; it's somewhat slow but instantly breaks guard even from full stamina, so it negates tower shield turtle faggotry.

>what's a good pvp build to try it?
In general, you're going to want to get your Agility stat up past 100 so your rolling actually works. That's pretty much required for any build that's not shit. Otherwise, really, anything works. That's the reason people praise DS2 PvP. There's no "easy answer" because there's no OP amazing build. It's actually pretty balanced. Just level up what you want. Want more HP? level that. Want more armor? Level it. It will work out if you have the skill. Just keep your equip load low enough to fast roll.

Personally my favorite build is Mundane weapon (all stats are the same) and hexes.

Also, at extremely high level everybody is full havel with hexes and a strong melee weapon because all your stats get high, so watch out for that.

>does this game really has the best pvp of the series?

no
it DID have the best pvp of the series
but the games old hat now, its going to be difficult to find consistent matches like it was back when it release or even just before DAS3 happened.

fuck it was so fucking good for pvp

>doing PvP in Dark Souls 2
>first guy is a butterfly with poison boxing gloves
>second guy is naked with an ax
>3rd guy is in heavy armor duel wielding giant clubs bigger than his body
>4th guy has a weird two weapon fighting style because in DS2 offhand weapons actually have their full moveset

>PvP in Dark Souls 3
>guy with current flavor of the month meme weapon
>guy with last months flavor of the month meme weapon

>there is no op crazy build
oh please

>Implying
The try hard scene of DaS2 was just like in every other souls-game; FOTM-builds everywhere.

no das1 does

speaking as someone with about 500 hours spent purely pvping, while there was a fair bit of metafagging, most of it was done in the BoB arena. Stuff like iron bridge was really anything goes, of course meta builds existed but you could easily screen them and just not summon them if they were particularly cancerous (that fucking spear+halberd meme with full havels was especially bad before they nerfed it)

>high poise R1 spam
>endless backstab fishing
>everybody has 99 humanity which are insanely fast to use and pretty much give full health

naw fuck DS1 pvp

>fast to use
It's pretty much a free backstab unless they're a mile away

God the BoB was cancer.The fact that you could get matched with anyone regardless of soul memory or level made it really bad.

One wiff is all you need to heal up.

It was especially bad in any situation with multiple enemies, though. Like if the host has a phantom or there are multiple invaders. One keeps you busy will the other pops. Or if it's an invader on his own, he can always run behind some enemy spawn and pop it.

The problem here is that everybody has an effectively unlimited supply of full health heal items if they want to use them. Unless you can stunlock or 1 shot kill somebody from full health to death then it's very hard to get a kill confirm. Same bullshit that ruins Demon Souls PvP and to a lesser extent DS3. At least in DS3 the estus is limited

Yeah it was rough. I managed to get 150 more wins than losses (in order to get that sick invader glow), and it was a tough slog.

It was funny though, if you really wanted to be a cunt (aka you wanted to meme on some meta dick riding fuck head), you could just deal a small bit of damage, and ensuring you took no damage, you could just sprint away from them for 10 minutes till the timer ran out, since you dealt the most damage you'd be determined the winner by default.

Playing DaS for the multiplayer is like playing Condition Zero for the singleplayer. The games were not designed with pvp in mind, it was added at the last second to increase sales.

But yeah, even tho pvp is memeshit, DaSII is the least bad of the soulsborne games, EVERYTHING is viable. You can make the most retarded build possible and it'll still work.

I spent several hours doing this all week in Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3.

Just run from the invaders until they give up and black crystal out. Surprisingly amusing, especially since there are a bunch of weird ledges and odd spots you can get to by jumping over the railings and invaders can't figure out how to get there most of the time

Best build in DS2 is to uninstall DS2, install a good game and play that instead

i love this fucking image so much

it was especially juicy in BoB arena since there were actual penalties for losing, you'd go down a rank each time you lost. felt so fucking good putting those retards in the lower bracket

and DS2 doesn't have the same healing abuse as demon souls or DS1?
my first playthrough of DS2 I had more healing items by the end of the game than I would need for 10 playthroughs

the real problem with healing items is when theres no wind up time like in fucking DaS3. You should be able to punish any healing, but DaS3 took that away completely.

I think I'm gonna make a dex build with some weapon enchanting spell
which one is better? magic, lightning, fire or dark?
maybe poison?

this drives me insane, makes charms more useful i guess

I fucking loved that binocular super speed glitch in dark souls 2. Shame they had to patch it.

Best Souls glitch of all time was the dragon head glitch in DS1 that let you vomit out an endless stream of dung/knives/prism stones, though.

Preach. Finally somebody who's not a faggot for a change.

dark was the best weapon enchant from what i remember

I really loved the ability to respec in DS2, because as far as I remember, there was no shitty limit on how many times you could do it. Was great for testing shit

>DS3
>Can only respec 5 times
>changing appearance also tied to this
>to get more uses you have to go to another NG+

Man I REALLY wish From hadn't dropped the ball in that area. Sure it motivated me to finally make a Vergil character, but shit I wish I could've tested it out first

But DaSII isn't a bad game. It's also not a bad souls game. Just because there's a pile of rubble and a flying volcano doesn't mean it's bad. It's better than DaS in a shitload of aspects.

But that's irrelevant, the best soulsborne game is the one that gives you what you want in those ganes. Some people like interconnected stuff, so they like DaS. Some people like kino tier boss fights, so they like DaSIII. Some people like fashion souls and pvp, so they like DaSII. And some people are into victorian stuff with fast and visceral combat so they like Bloodborne.

yeah i don't get the limited amount. either do it or don't do it at all, enough with this weird middle ground shit

Dark souls 2 had a LOT of negatives (like fucking soul memory jesus), but at least it was willing to try new things; and we got some great shit as a result of those new things (the new powerstancing mechancis, for example). At least it wasn't just a fuckin Dark Souls 1 rehash like DS3.

Dark Weapon and Magic Weapon/Great Magic Weapon are the easiest and fastest to actually get in the game. Sunlight Blade and Flame Weapon can't be obtained until like mid game

Favorite DS2 pop weapons?
>Dark Club + 10 buffed with Dark Weapon

DS1 > Sotfs > BB = DS3 > DeS > DS2

Dark Souls 2 on its own is an okay game but its definitely a bad souls games

Simply put, DS2 just didn't have the same level of care put into it as the 2 games that came before it
You mentioned the flying volcano and the pile of rubble and thats exactly what I mean, there was a lot of things in DS1 and DeS that just made sense where as DS2 they let stuff like that into the final product among other things

power stance 2 mundane Avelyn

1 shot killing people in PvP never stops being hilarious

It doesn't matter that it drains all my stamina in one shot if they're instantly dead

you're tied to the amount of soul vessels you can get.
it's around 10 per playthrough though, (could be more if you use ascetics)

I will always take base DS2 over base DS3. Despite/ v/'S constant memery about how bad 2 was, I had a much more enjoyable experience with 2, and I won't lie, I fucking hated 2 at launch. It was so different. The art diredtion wasn't what I was used to, the controls felt floaty, and I didn't care for the lore. But then after hundreds of hours, co-oping with a buddy, and the endless pvp at the bridge, I grew to really appreciate 2.

3 however was almost the opposite. I went in loving it, the art direction was back, the bosses looked so cool, and man oh man did I love weapon arts. But time did not do well for it. DS3 fails to deliver in some pretty important aspects
>replayability is more of a drag then a fun experience
>areas are a fucking chore with boring scenery
>enemies are bloodborne fast but the character has no BB sidestepping
>npc questlines are meh all around
>first DLC sucks donkey dick
>2nd DLC is good, but disappointing at the same time

All-in-all we have our own tastes and opinions, but my opinion is the correct one and if you like 3 more than 2, then you need to stop shoving cow shit in ypur mouth and be a respectable adult with taste

>definitely a bad souls games
Thats utter nonsense

Same here. Though I have to exchange base DS2 with Scholar of the First Sin. I still don't like base DS2 very much.
But Scholar has become my most played Souls game, even beating 1 at this point.

Weapon arts would have been cool if every weapon art was actually good and useful. As it is the vast majority of weapon arts are completely worthless garbage that should never be used in any situation.

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

Too bad you can only hold 5 at a time for no goddamn good reason

>learn about weapon arts
>oh yea a special attack unique to every weapon?!
>use weapon art in game
>get a shitty buff
gg from

>finally someone who said ds2 is a bad game
>pretending like it doesn't get shit on every day on Sup Forums
hownewru?

And? Just because your favorite youtube pleb reurgitates what you want to hear, doesn't make it true.

This is one of the first times on Sup Forums that I've agreed with just about every part of someone elses post

>hexes
They got raped though. Hexs are shit. The only thing they do is consume stamina.

Anyone else use Yorgh's spear? I wish that weapon had made a comeback in 3, it was my favorite. It had the best moveset of any souls weapon ever.

The sad thing is that "shitty buff" is one of the BEST kinds of weapon art. That's how bad the typical ones are.

It seems like more than half the weapon arts are "slow shitty attack that doesn't even do bonus damage"

I don't remember the details of the build but I used to roll with a lance in right and a greatsword in left hand. This is pre SotfS, don't know if they nerfed it.

(running/regular)R1 L1 R1 R2, was too good of a combo and the running version will most likely kill your opponent, it staggered people from full health to none.
And if your R1 missed and they rolled to your right, your greatsword L1 right after will catch them, allowing you to finish the combo.
You have to watch out for parries though, but that's it. Usually you can tell who's going to go for the parries and it's easy to punish.

Did a no death run specifically to get the exalted ring, and pvp became so easy that I quickly got bored and dropped the game entirely. People just died to the opening running R1.

They're mostly for mixups and guard breaks

I like how most swords have the same weapon art where you can choose from two moves, one that breaks guards and one that just does damage. The guard break move comes out slower than a kick, and you have to stand in the coolguy sword stance before you even do the guardbreak. It's entirely useless for PvP and PvE, you're better off kicking every single time.

>shitcunt phimosis
go away forever

did you even watch the video? cause I've given you reasons why I don't like it and all you've done is say "thats utter nonsense"

Dark Souls 1 = still fun and somehow still active, creative builds are viable and fun
Dark Souls 2 = lack of poise fucked shit, builds at least are fun as fuck, much more so than DS 1.
Dark Souls 3 = a fucking mess of a game with a clear focus on destroying the pvp. Everything is nerfed to shit and sucks major cock other than a couple of 1h weapons. Spells? Lol fuck that. Faith? Don't even think about it, scrub.

dont you dare touch that fucking bell

You didn't give reasons. You gave a youtube and pointed at it and said "I don't have any ability to think or communicate, so here's somebody else doing it"

Ds2 has poise, it's different than 1 but hellluva lot better than whatever 3 has going for it

Dark souls 2 has poise

>did you even watch the video
nigger that video is 49 minutes long, If I wanted to spend that long hearing a critique on something I like I would just bring my girlfriend to my mom's house

Dark souls 1 - Flawed masterpiece, incredible but has some significant lows.
Dark souls 2 - Another flawed masterpiece, the lows are lower, but the highs are just as high (and arbuably higher)
Dark souls 3 - A very good game, but suffers heavily as a result of being very derivative of the first game.

Strength with drakekeepers greataxe me boy

Strength builds were so sick in pvp
It was hard as fuck to hit people, but if you DID hit them, they didn't get back up.

best covenant

I get invaded by infinite health cheaters every time I go near it. You can have your fucking bell

The one thing consoles have PC's beat at is not having to deal with cheaters. feelsbadman

someone autism pill me on these builds plz

i can tell you that the DS2 one is full havels + smelter demon helm, hexes and santiers spear.

I think the DS1 is giantdad with ninjaflip ring but im not sure

might as well have said "ur retarded" and its pretty much the same thing

I've encountered an infinite health cheater exactly once in over hundred hours of DaS2.

They're nowhere near as prevalent as you claim.

And ascetics raise the bonfire's NG level, so it's essentially the same system except DaS3 has less and instead of raising an area 5 times for 5 respecs it's raising the game 5 times for 25 respecs. I like it better.

>grind for hours to get the two invisible weapon rings
>equip dual avelynns with lightning bolts (prenerf)
>pretend to emote spam with people like im just having fun
>as soon as they let their guard down a bit, unload both hidden avelynns into them
>this kills the bearer of the curse

so much fucking angry hatemail

Oh man, the hatemail was the best part of ds2. I kept getting summoned by this one jackwagon and his buddy at iron keep bridge. The third time it happened, I ran away to the healing water pool after the jump where the coal used to be, and sent him a message over xbox live. Then I hauled ass back to the bridge, and sure enough he was just standing there, typing I guess, completely defenseless. I golfed him right over the edge and into the lava, and boy was that hatemail sweeeet.

>angry messages are all in russian
makes it funnier every time

Or even if they record their voice at all, it's so hard to sound angry when the first second is rustling and making sure the thing is recording. Imagining it makes me laugh all the more

>demon's souls
dual wielded katanas had an insanely fast L1 which you could lead into an infinite stunlock
cursed weapon dragon bone smasher could oneshot people easily with any attack and had fast spammable 2h running attacks and also combo knockdowns into wakeup Fireball / Firestorm to kill peeps saved by second chance
demon's souls had many worse things than these
>dark souls 1
flipping (DWGR used to let you ninja flip at 50% equip load) 3 pieces of Giant's set with mask of the mother, 77 poise (could walk through two handed ultra weapons), massive defense, massive HP, katana with no recovery time
not minmaxed though
dark souls 1 had worse things than this
>dark souls 2
minmaxed maximum defense / poise armor, using Hexes which were particularly strong, using the Binoculars boost glitch to run super fast, using Santier's Spear which was a ridiculously versatile and powerful weapon
heavily nerfed
>bloodborne
the rifle spear had a shotgun put into it, equipping 3 flat +65 Arcane damage gems into it affected every single pellet, you could do thousands of damage per spammable shot
was fixed very quickly
>dark souls 3
estoc was stupidly fast at release and could mash people down too damn quickly
phantoms and estus are offensively broken and invaders have the most disadvantages possible

For Bloodborne I just had a bloodtinge build.
That pistol that shot two bullets+ashes=800 easy dmg, follow up shot for the kill. Could also use this to parry and finish them with another shot or just a normal parry.
Only downside was that it was possible to miss and it used up bullets pretty quick