Persona 5 is turn based and let's people have all the time in the world to make decisions

>persona 5 is turn based and let's people have all the time in the world to make decisions
>most of Sup Forums is still getting rekt in the first dungeon

How is this possible? Isn't turn based for casuals? Or maybe Sup Forums is casual after all.

>most of Sup Forums is still getting rekt

?

>isn't turn based for casuals

No it's for people who want movies. People with gameplay bought BOTW instead. Gameplay > movies

How is it on PS3? I plan on picking it up after my class ends

I noticed the 100 weak point cheevo was at 17% when looking at trophies. What the fuck is wrong with people

Turn based isn't casual, like any other game system, problem is Sup Forums is casual as fuck, and Persona isn't even remotely what you can call "hardcore" even in the japanese genre.

So yeah, most of Sup Forums sucks at videogames, who would've thunk it?

The persona fanbase in a nutshell.

>he isn't playing BotW on the go an P5 at home
What are you, retarded?

I'm not having a hard time playing, but I am out of SP after archangel fight. Should I use the soma I got at the beginning and just use it as an excuse to grind? I'm on hard and intend to use a guide for social link management.

Just sell the Soma for 50000 yen and buy some equip

Probably their first Persona or SMT game.

I think using the soma while having no sp would yield more benefits (more exp, gold from winning fights anyways, and more personas for fusions).

sir you seem to be posting a screenshot from past the 7/7 date, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to report you to the Atlus Police force

I was about to do that but:

Could you elaborate on that? Wouldn't having more cash be better? How can you get exp and other stuff thanks to that?

The Press Turn and persona swap systems take some time to get used to and a ton of people got Persona 5 after having never played 3 or 4.

It's still amazing, load times are a little long though. Apart from that, I've had no issues

>people with gameplay bought BOTW instead

"People with gameplay" definitely don't buy shitty Nintendo consoles.

The only people that bought a Switch are nintenbros who still believe that this shitty company will stop putting hundreds of gimmicks in their consoles trying to cater to kids.

I don't know man. I play Persona games on easy because I don't really care about the dungeon crawling stuff.

What a boring existence

The story and social links are the main draw for me as I suspect it is for many Persona fans.

>gameplay
Literally every fight goes like this:
Backflip
Flurry attack
Repeat

I got rekt in the first dungeon's boss because, like the other two Persona games I played, I assumed that reaching the boss would be easy and short. So I refused to leave the dungeon until I reached the boss, ran out of SP so I couldn't grind up a bit, and ended up fighting Kamoshida at level 8 after they sent the note.

WHY DONT YOU PLAY A REEEL CHIN MEGUMY TENSAY GAME TYRONE

We have learned that Sup Forums is filled with Canadians and BRs. Sup Forums being casual is to be expected.

What's wrong with catering to kids? Videogames are fundamentally a past-time for children.

It's pastime.

>Videogames are fundamentally a past-time for children.

People say this all the time here but this hasn't been the case for years now. It's weird that people come to Sup Forums's video game board with this attitude.

>People say this all the time here but this hasn't been the case for years now.

Just because a large subset of the users are older now doesn't mean videogames aren't meant for children at their core. There are subsets of games that are meant for older users, but the majority of games can just as easily be played and enjoyed by a child.

Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't sure how to spell it.

Eh... debatable. It seems like the vast majority of popular AAA multiplat games are intended for mature audiences. To me that would be 17 and up.

i was only using a single save and the game didn't tell me that i have to find the treasure/be able to send the calling card with 3 days to spare so i had to replay the week

that made a me a little mad

ended up with a way better demon loadout at least

What did you guys name your team?

>the disappointment on the coffee guy face
I'm getting hard

MS and Sony are most certainly not targeting young kids as their primary demographic. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

>Theres no difficulty between the too easy normal, and the get one shot hard.

Does it level out further in the game. I only just beat the first dungeon, but I had to change it from hard back to normal 75% of the way through because all the beriths/archangels/eligors would just one shot anyone they hit.

its actually past-time don't listen to baka user

I sure enjoy baseball. It's our national past-time.

Why are Ann's eyes so far apart?

>past-time.
well fuck me I was 100% in the wrong here.

I googled it and I'm genuinely surprised ive never seen anyone ever corrected on this, or that it never came up.

Thanks.

Google says you're wrong. Are you sure you haven't slipped through from the Berenstein timeline?

>not abusing weaknesses/status effects
cmon now

Beriths go down without being able to attack just from hitting their weakness, all out and then whatever to finish them

Dormina has a 100% success rate on archangels for me, which means they don't get to do anything

Eligor is dealt with through lightning, Dormina and damage and/or accuracy down debuffs

it doesn't really matter if someone dies in a fight since they get revived and can be auto-healed after the fight is over. If an enemy is fucking you in one turn then don't let it have a turn.

This i thought i was fine with 2 days the rage i felt was gone quickly though the game is suprisingly fun

That's what I did. Been asking demons for items instead of killing them now. About to clear the first dungeon on the first day you get to come back

How the fuck did you fight him at level 8? I'm nearly done with the first dungeon and I'm level 9 almost 10. Are people skipping enemies?

I would argue that videogames are for the most part something played for competition, and have been for a while now. Especially in the past 5-7 years with all the e-sports crap that's grown in this industry like a worm in shit. Heck, this was even going on in the 80s with all those arcade scoreboards and how every single player game up until the playstation era pretty much had a score counter in the game.

Arguing games are for kids is like arguing movies are for kids. Most movies could be watched and easily enjoyed as a child, but taht doesn't mean the movie industry is for children. That's an industry that even tries to stay away from r-rated movies because it detracts such a large portion of the movie's prospective audience, but you won't see anybody saying 'movie's are for kids'.

So far it's been the easiest first dungeon in a Persona game for me. I just got to the boss room a few minutes ago so we'll see how badly I get rekt or not.

>>persona 5 is fucking predictable garbage that gives players all the time in the fucking world to realize that Goro is the traitor

On hard?

I'm relatively new to SMT/Persona and got wiped a fair few times but once i got used to how things worked i pretty much stopped dying completely

It's perfectly fine, the differences are pretty minor.

Keep the soma you only get maybe 10 of them in the game.

Load times aren't long at all, disregard what some anons are saying. Like 2-3 seconds at most. I have the ps3 version and it's fine. Resolution is 720p, and it has small amount of screen tearing here and there in dungeons. But it's still fine, my roommate has the ps4 version and it's 1080p and I havent seen screen tearing and load is almost instant, otherwise it's fine. No differences besides small ones.

Felt harder than 3 or 4 on hard for me, maybe I'm missing something. Those level 16 mobs that can oneshot you are a pain.

>Fuse a persona with agi, garu, bufu and zio
>Fuse a persona with maragi, magaru, mabufu, mazio
>Dump the other useful skills in a different persona
>Weak hit everything
>Weak attack everything

This is how I played the last two. Is it still true?

Fuck I wish I could scale the UI down, it's fucking huge

The most disappointing thing about this game is the lack of good fanart of Panther's fat ass

Were you fusing personas with arcana that you have social link ranks in? That's literally the biggest mechanic of the game.

I know how to play the game. I even know the cheese in P3 with Armageddon.

I'm mostly asking about the combat. Is it still hit weak element to down shadow and all-out it? (At least for normal mobs)

nah.
Moon boss in P3 are joke, and the first boss in P4 was more or less similar in difficulty.

However, the other boss i have done so far(2/3) are much harder.
I am comparing from the hard difficulty.

Basically yes, knocking mobs down is even more important now with the negotiations thing.

at least on hard you have to forgo downing/all outting an enemy if it's not outright going to kill them if their turn is next

For example the archangels can wipe you in one attack so it's better to sleep them, wait for their turn to skip and then kill them before their next turn or damage them a bit and then resleep

I found that killing them wasn't even the best thing to do, just hit their weakness once and negotiate and you still get most the xp. Cheap and easy.

>Fighting first red mob, horse man
>Fucking absolutely murders me on Hard
>Get lucky as fuck shocking him on no health

negotiating always gives me completely neutered exp so i must be doing something wrong

2nd boss was hard because it was a retred of Mitsuo from P4.
I got caught up in 3 phases of the painting phase and the 2nd phase were you have to kill the 4 parts of the boss all at once was brutal.

>Ann is supposed to have a god tier body and is already a supermodel
>Shiho has both a better body and a better face
>Kamoshida was trying to blackmail Ann into fucking him by abusing Shiho

really makes me think

I've ignored ailments the past two games. Are they really effective this time around? I always thought there was too much risk, especially if you were to miss.

It doesn't give you full Exp, it depend on the situation.

>hardest dungeon to finish in one day was always the first one
>check every vendor machine in the city
>buy as much SP items as it allows
>cruise through dungeon easily

Only wish you could customize difficulty. I'd play on hard or merciless on my first playthrough if it didnt mean less experience and money.

>Or maybe Sup Forums is casual after all.
>Took you this long to figure that out

Wassup Persona...

You get less exp if you negotiate, more of you kill with an all-out attack. I've tested this.

Dormina is basically 90% success rate (at least for the first dungeon) and didn't fail on archangels a single time.

Fear is also pretty effective.

Statut aliment saved my ass in hard way too many times.
They have very high accuracy unless they resist statut in general

Confusion is a money maker.

Maybe you should learn to read difficulty description.
Hard doesn't reduce exp or money.

Yeah after getting wiped with that mahouka thing twice I realized dormina is the best way to skip their turn
Gun spam for a lucky crit is a last resort go-to that I've utilized as well on other shadows

Knowing when to negotiate to end a battle early is also a good way to conserve sp if you're not trying to maximize xp/money
I'm really happy they reintroduced that as a mechanic here, gives a bit more strategic choice instead of blindly hitting weak points as efficiently as possible

Jesus fucking Christ.
They really fucked up 2nd and 3rd dungeon and story regarding them.
They feel almost filler-like between initial one and tomb. Especially the third one. Feels almost comical-like with all the rush and 'oh, he dropped just the item that we need!'

Marin Fucking Karin is actually pretty useful, dormina is great for skipping turns on shadows that can 1-hit wipe you

Spoiler warning...

Only bad thing about it is that they clearly didn't even consider 4:3 CRT, because the sides of the screen are cut off.

But hey PS4 can't even do CRT support...

>Knowing when to negotiate to end a battle early

Exactly, if you can't one shot the enemy with all out it's almost always better to negotiate so you don't lose hp and sp.

Time to think doesn't help at all retard. You have to know what is the best decision and that's the part that takes skill and knowledge.

Shitty bait thread.

>you're about to die
>it all comes down to if you get a crit and down the enemy
>attack
>no crit
>yfw Ryuji follows up

FUUCK used a soma right before a safe room

>Using a Soma
>Ever
Nigger what are you doing

It was the DLC one and I had a red enemy right infront of me, then the fucking door spawned as I got in the hallway

Just checked that Soma is worth 50k, damn that DLC seems pretty busted.

Christ I should have sold it

You can't boil down an entire medium of entertainment to this you retard
>movies are just for kids because of kid movies!
>music is just for kids because of nursery rhymes!
>books are just for kids because of picture books!
This is how retarded you are

Altus never tried hiding it. Everyone knew before the game even came out in Japan. That's what happens when you completely ignore him in all trailers and promotional art

That dude looked like a fucking traitor I had him pinned as soon as I saw him in the first cutscene as a bad guy and I wasn't even spoiled

>sold it
What for? You'll be swimming in money by the end of the 2nd dungeon.
Don't forget you can actually sell the stuff you steal in the palace to the weapon shop.

>playing video games in public
This is some next level autism

How can one nurse be so fucking hot? I don't even like the punk thing but god damn that hair

>need to have increased Guts to go further into Takemi's and to even start Iwai's shit

Damnit what stage is Dauntless Guts anyways

Why the fuck have I not been asked go to the palace on this Saturday?