Pitch me your perfect Zelda game

Pitch me your perfect Zelda game

Go into as much detail as you want. I know you have ideas and I love reading what people have to say

I want a game like the top left picture.

>tfw you initially love the concept of shrines but progressively grow to hate them more and more the more you finish.

Fuck you Nintendo, I shouldn't be thinking "another one?" when they're basically the main hook of the game.

you can't review a thing based on your privatized experience, you have to select the parts of the game that identify with the actual pros and cons, don't be arin hanson on steroids

NO
MORE
GIMICKS

That's it

Fucking kek

This. The first couple dozen shrines were great to find, but it lost it's charm when I realized they are the ONLY thing to find in the overworld. Everything that looks suspicious is either a shrine or a korok 100 percent of the time without fail

Every review ever is done based on privatized experience. The only objective technicality any reviewer ever mentions is framerate.

>you can't review a thing based on your privatized experience

As opposed to what? An "objective review"?

I agree with your picture OP. I really wished there were cool dungeons to explore. Instead everything is a shrine or divine beast that all have the exact same atmosphere inside them. I have a real tough time giving BotW a 10/10 when it basically feels like "two steps forward, one step back" compared to old Zelda formula.

Skyward Sword was a shit game of motion controls up the ass, meaningless tasks and repetition but at least the dungeons were cool and had cool themes like the pirate ship or the water dungeon that had sort of a heaven/hell feel to it with the top being a beautiful sanctuary with flowing clear water and the bottom being a hellish pit of poison and zombies.

>Pitch me your perfect Zelda game
Pretty mouch like the BOTW except a lot more bestiality in it.

BotW with more varied content (Expansive side quests, actual dungeons alongside the mini dungeons, more enemy variety and unique boss encounters, landmarks having something to do there) and better melee combat (directional attacks, dodges that don't go straight in to flurry, stamina costs for attacks that vary on weapon type, basically closer to Souls while also feeling somewhat casual).

here's my "perfect" "zelda game"

the one that never existed in the first place

>Breath of the Wild style overworld as a basis
>More dungeons less shrines
>let me reveal the map by climbing to high altitudes, not by activating towers
>more powerful items to discover that have a lasting impact on the game
>Durability system, but altered so that signature items like the Master Sword aren't always breaking
>a crazy developed music system, something like the OoT/MM Ocarina turned up to 11
>BotW style mounts, but flesh it out so things like Bears, Dodongos and so on can be proper mounts
>more masculine link like some of the older artwork, or like OoT adult link (pic related)
>complicated NPC relationships, as close to MM as you can get without resorting to MM time system
>FISHING
>Magic meter and fun magic abilities
>limited VA comparable to BotW, better VA's if possible

there's this character zelda and he fights against the dragons and other fantasy creatures.

the main gimmick of the game would be that you can ride a horse.

i guess there should be somekind of plot as well. maybe trying to rescue a princess? not sure about that one.

left out
>More enemy variety, and make most of them regional not global
>Beef up the combat system even further

> you are now aware link's calves are bigger than his thighs

I liked all those special sword techniques you got in Twilight Princess.

It'd be nice if a game included those again but actually built itself around them rather than just having them there but were totally optional and unnecessary since everything was already easy enough to take out without them and all they did was make a few fights slightly easier.

This for the most part. Also less handholding (No waypoints) once you leave the starting zone.

Having three things to find in the overworld, shrines, koroks, gear, is still better than the one thing to find in other Zelda games; Pieces of Heart.

the cartoon show but as a dragon's lair style qte game.

Ganon obtains the triforce and becomes so powerful hes borderline omnipotent. And fucks with Link and Zelda beyond time and space

The golden godess' decides things have gotten out of hand and somehow merges or manifests in Link allowing him to create a universe around Ganon refusing the power of the triforce and therefore the golden godess' at the same time thereby either destroying the golden godess or at least stripping them of their godlike power, also the triforce.

Normal shit occurs

Turns out Link made a stable universe that is utterly devoid of character and the princess and Ganon are shitting themselves out of being in some weird boring Link purgatory.

Some idiots from other dimensions or rhealms Link has saved before somehow make the golden godess' appear again and rework Links gay purgatory.

They all put their differences aside for a bit and all go karting with Mario and friends

These are all good. I'd like to add:

>hookshot; there's no reason for it to be absent, it'd work perfectly as a mobility device (and also Just Cause grapple-paraglider shenanigans)
>a proper lantern, like in LttP or TP; I want to see more pitch-black areas that you have to go through slowly. Think Dragon's Dogma as well.
>most, if not all, of Zelda's more iconic items, given additional usage for an open-ended (not necessarily open-world) game
>on that note, dungeon items, none of the "Everything from the beginning!" stuff that ALBW or BotW did
>seamless dungeons that are a part of the world, like OP's picture

As for the Master Sword, I want it to be a legendary sword again. Keep the durability system, but leave the MS out of the mix until way, way down the line. Like the first half of the game should be a huge quest to acquire the sword, during which time you're tied to the durability system. This way, the contrast between shitty weapons and motherfucking Master Sword is that much greater.

I also want to see greater damage given to two-handed weapons. They were way too weak for how slow they were.

>Major test of strength
>Major test of strength
>Major test of strength
>Minor test of strength
>Minor test of strength
>Major test of strength

Fucking lazy.

Pretty much that picture. BotW would have been 10/10 if it had more "inside" locations.