What a fucking empty vessel of a game. No charm, no storytelling. Just copypasted shrines, copypasted enemies...

What a fucking empty vessel of a game. No charm, no storytelling. Just copypasted shrines, copypasted enemies, copypasted enemy camps and collectibles. Trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch
youtube.com/watch?v=K8GRDNU50b8
youtube.com/watch?v=qqOGBhqHS1c
youtube.com/watch?v=2_KDxlQj-08
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3hK_Qe_s-U
youtu.be/hk-EnbS42dM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're not allowed to criticize Breath of the Wild.

*switches IP*

(you)

I got you, OP

>No charm
>Link grabs his toe in pain when kicking a chest open with his bare feet
>People get upset when you approach them without clothes
>Links teeth chatter when it's cold out and he's not dressed for it

please stop

don't forget girl-link

Shrines were a mistake. Most don't feel distinct at all.

They're basically the meat of the game and they feel like glorified collectibles. God I'm so fucking sick of the same goddamn look, same goddamn music, same goddamm cutscenes and the same goddamn combat trial; yeah they're technically different but it all just starts to blend together. Maybe 1/10th of the shrines were actually memorable.

They took dungeons, chopped them up into little pieces, and made them feel like busywork. Good job Nintendo.

just moving off the plateau you get at least 3 bits of story and thats only the tutorial

what are you talking about? most shrines are literally distinct from each other

You haven't even played it, you're not fooling anyone

Play the game, OP. Then proceed to neck yourself for being so wrong.

You don't deserve a (you) by the way.

Hmm 150 hours in and I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe your friends on NeoGAF know?

@373017602

>no charm
didn't play the game
>no storytelling
objectively false
>copypasted shrines
they all have unique challenges except for the pretty similar combat shrines every so often. "Outdoor" shrines like eventide island and the maze also count
>copypasted enemies
Yes. Video games reuse enemies. Because it's a video game
>copypasted enemy camps
No games ever reuse some assets
>and collectibles
huge variety of weapons and materials to collect faggot

>the facial expressions alone aren't enough to call it as charming as windwaker

Neck yourself op, 1/10 bait made me reply

nice bait OP
Next time, actually play the game first.

of course he hasnt played the game he isnt sucking its dick and praising it as the second coming!! lol nintenbros cannot stand the fact that plenty of people dislike botw.

>plenty of people
>a couple shitposters on an anime messaging board

I certainly understand the complaint that most shrines have the same visual style, but I can forgive the game for this because, to me, the puzzles themselves are more important. Also, there are plenty of Shrine Quests to spice things up. It's these shrine quests that deliver the kind of sense of discovery that 's pic seems to be looking for.
You hear about a local legend where, if you go to a place where the trees align you'll find a mysterious treasure, or something. It's like you're living out a fantasy novel.

>b-b-but dungeons are disntinct!

I've never seen the amount of retarded excuses and defense mechanism this game have. Every single open world dungeons are technically distinct and memorable if it has a different layout and enemies in the eyes of Zeldatard.

>a different layout and enemies

but that is distinct unless you expected them to make a theme for all 120 shrines

cool

>also people stop you from jumping off bridges if they see you on the edge
what a sad life OP must live

>muh nintenbros

Not an argument, when you have a legitimate complaint about the game feel free to share

Still salty as fuck.

BotW isn't just GOTY, it's now regarded as one of the best games of all time and is the new high benchmark gold standard for which all future open world games will be measured against.

That must annoy the fuck out of you, right?

why not? in 2017 why can i not expect this?

cuz games just suck now

do you want a single game to be 200 gigs over small sections each having their own assets?

The game is perfect. Nothing personal sonyxbros

this is what you've chosen to do with your limited lifespan huh

if it was anything but zelda with everything the same, that would have been a universal 7/10 : "great gameplay but shit graphics and low fps".

forgettable music and boring combat

I wouldn't say perfect. But it's still probably the best video game of the past 20 years.

Or you know...at least a handful of different themes.

source?

so a different theme for each section of the map?

If you want to actually discuss criticism about this game without stupid non-arguments, come to the thread I made about it a little while ago: No one has even tried yet alone managed to refute any of my points.

Either that, or just different themes that somehow connect to the type of shrine. Like if it's a certain type of puzzle or challenge.

>It's j-just because it has Zelda in the title

Do you have any idea how deluded and self-defeating such a retarded statement that is?

Why would having Zelda in the title mean anything? Is it because Zelda is one of the most revered video series in gaming history? Do you see how flawed your thinking is?

every review of every open world of the last decade. The fact that it is Zelda and its world is what gave it the last 3 points to reach the sacred note of 10. Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't praised nearly as much, Skyrim, although great, didn't blow anyone away according to the reviews (which I think are wrong but eh).
So yeah, if anyone else made a game with just different characters and anoter narrative, but made the same game apart from that, it would have been well-rececived, but not that greatly.

All of your points are just nitpicks. Because that's the critics and shitposter have to offer. Nitpicks.

those were just inferior games

did you seriously just defend Shitrim?

na dude the soundtrack is kino

See

The only thing that annoyed the shit outta me was the fucking rain like JESUS CHRIST STOP FUCKING SLIPPING I JUST WANNA EXPLORE HOLY SHIT

inferior compared to fucking ZELDA ? Try getting more than 30 fps in a busy terrain and then we'll talk about inferiority. Mod skyrim for 10 min and you'd still be amazed at its graphics today.

its like everybody is sucking nintendo's cock, unable to see that YES they do propose a lot of good, but also shit on a lot of important stuff but gets away with it. Cuz muh zelda muh pokemon

i've put more than 800 hours in skyrim, and prob would be at 1500 if school wasn't weighing me with work and now work weighing me with bullshit.
The flaws are far from outweighing the pros
Which i do not think is the case for Zelda

i dont want monster hunter loading screens user

fuck mnonster hunter owuld be better without those but they'd have to change the whole thing

>inferior compared to fucking ZELDA
yup. Especially Skyrim, which is better than Oblivion i guess? but thats it

no, Skyrim is garbage

well then you cant expect each and every shrine to have its own assets

personally im hoping in the next one they dump the shrines for more traditional dungeons and just let you solve them in any order you want but also have an order that was planned for you to solve them in

basically a combination oif the old 3d zeldas with the open air system of BOTW

well good luck putting Zelda on the same shelf as Skyrim. Only Zelda will not be played 5 years from now, like Skyrim is. Just modding Zelda would make the Switch fucking burn. But enjoy the hype train that never stops on any nintendo-related title

BoTW below Skyrim in user's reviews on metacritic

dude, bethesda games are trash

still a better game though :)

well I mean who likes a well crafter RPG in a poignant open world with infinite possibilities based on magic and fighting mechanics ANYWAY amirite

>bethesda
>poignant

literally autism.

and don't forget the shitty gameplay

Srlsy, what games besides Zelda did you enjoy ? I mean Fallout 4 was shit ok but come on

>Only shitposters dislike this
No dude, there are legitimate flaws and some people value certain aspects of vidya that this game just doesn't have or do as well as it could.
I like the game personally but I see that there are issues in areas such as combat and exploration/rewards for exploration.

The thing about the shrine quests is you know how they're going to end every single time. Some guy tells you that there's a pedestal beneath a waterfall and how to possibly activate it, oh look it opens up a shrine. Some cute rito children tell you they want to rehearse an ancient song in this cool place, you help them and then they do the song which allows you to activate, yup you guessed it, a shrine. I would have preferred if the rewards for a few of these interesting quests were more interesting and unique rewards.

so was Fallout 3

and Oblivion

these are not controversial opinions

Who the fuck cares about metacritic? Why should I give a shit what some faggot on metacritic thinks? I can watch gameplay and form my own opinion without the help of useless review scores.

there are "legitimate flaws" in any game.

>mod
Irrelevant, I don't give a fuck if some faggot in his basement "fixed" Bethesda's dogshit product.

>MUH GRAFFIX
>MUH FPS
Games are supposed to have have gameplay, you'd know that if you didn't enjoy Skyrim.

>Skyrim is better because autists keep shoving keyblades and giant tits into the game and polishing a giant turd
That's basically the argument every Bethesdrone loves to make. They will happily play thousands of hours of a broken, dogshit game as long as other Bethesdrones let them install My Little Pony mods.

oh ok so your opinion prevails on any contradictory review, except the one where the grade is 10/10

>muh metacritic

not an argument ;)

>Lost Woods does NOT play a remix of Sacred Grove theme from Twilight Princess
youtube.com/watch
v=RTRnOUaBlu8

>Gerudo Desert does not play a remix of Gerudo Valley from Ocarina Of Time
youtube.com/watch?v=K8GRDNU50b8

>Death Mountain does NOT play a remix of Death Mountain theme from Link Between Worlds
youtube.com/watch?v=qqOGBhqHS1c

>Hyrule Field does NOT play a remix of Hyrule Field from Link Between Worlds
youtube.com/watch?v=2_KDxlQj-08

>Hyrule Castle does NOT play a remix of Dark Hyrule Castle from Minish Cap
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3hK_Qe_s-U

Zoras Domain and Rito Village got the music right.

Did I miss anything?

no mods fixed the game, they improved it. They made its graphics look modern when the game is 6 years old. They made the gameplay evolve when the original one started to feel lacking.

The original platform (the game) was good, and mod improved it. Zelda is good but will never be more than it is now, and it is pretty fucking flawed right now

HOw brain damaged do you have to be to think it's a stretch that WRPGs are garbo

Overworld:
>Barren and empty.
>Too big, unecessary big.
>To fill the world they spread a lot of collectables, breaking weapons, small clusters of enemies.
>Fetch quest, like finding Shrines to progress the story.
>Padding, like fiding Koroks seeds, to make the inventory manageble
>Padding, like gathering resources and cooking to deal with enemies that take half of your HP or to make Link walks and climb faster.
>Padding, like taking 380 pictures to complete the compendium for no reason.
>Too many mountains, you have to hike a lot.
>Hiking takes forever and is tiresome.

Dungeons
>Shrines are easy and small.
>Dungeons are much smaller than previous games and have some dumb, non-intuitive puzzles into it.
>Bosses are uninspired and are clones to one another.

Enemies and combat:
>Lots of reskin with few enemies variation.
>Bad AI.
>Damage Sponge.
>The camera doesn't follow you around behind your back.
>The lockon doesn't lock easily.
>The lockon doesn't cycle through the enemies.
>Your shield an sword breaks too easily, really, it breaks a lot, specially on mini-bosses.
>Quick Time event if you dodge.
>Feels like a dumbed down version from Twilight Princess battle.
>Knockback is strange, you can't really knockback the enemies, unless you are using a heavy weapon, it is strange, can't pinpoint exactly.

Storyline:
>Pretty confy, good characters.
>Bad dub.
>Nice villages and cities.
>Only nine small villages.

Inventory
>Too much inventory management. The stuff is intense. Water temple is nothing compared to it.
>Minimal physic based rune abilities that got switched for traditional items.
>Master sword needs to charge, like a smartphone.

General
>The way you cook is kind of dumb, you should open a menu when interacting with the pot instead.
>Framerate deeps to the point of micro stutter.
>Generally runs at 20 FPS.
>Too much assets pop up.
>Too much fog, baraly having any depth of field.
>Low level of detail.

why the fck would i argument when all you say is "I love the game, therefore the game is great and anything anybody says that contradicts me only played bad games and does not know shit"
?

None of these things would impress you if you played oblivion or skyrim.

I'm not even the anons you're replying to but holy fucking shit, do you seriously think the only mods that exist are the lmao so randumb mlp and keyblade mods?
Modding capability extends the life of a game for as long as people are willing to mod the game, it's as simple as that.

>They made its graphics look modern

lol

>The original platform (the game) was good

oh kek, you really are touched aren't you?

My opinion only matters to me. Your opinion should only matter to you. You can discuss your different views, but that can't change anyone's mind on whether they like a game which is why one sided reviews are fucking shit.

I agree completely, this takes away everything that made zelda great and leaves a generic open world grind engine.
The only thing that really breaks my heart out of this whole thing is that we're never going to get a real zelda game again.

aight go back to Link's amazing adventures in the empty open world that is BoTW. I am touched by your arrogance to defend a game that everybody will consider, a year from now, THE most overrated game ever.

Don't bother user, he's an ignorant child, fact is he's never played skyrim and because of that he thinks botw is a masterpiece.

This. Some of your points are autistic but I was pissed they didn't use Gerudo Valley. Hyrule Field does use the Zelda main theme occasionally though.

FUcking go outside dude jesus

go back to your shitty gambryo engine dead NPC interactions and stolid combat

include me in the screencap

Weak pasta.

Shitting on an already shit game in a brazilian feet painting forum while bungee jumping is always on every man's bucket list.

i probably spend more time outside than you do. And my job is in the biggest video game website in my country. I should know a thing or 2 about video games but eh, maybe not since i didn't really enjoy Zelda

and liked Skyrim...

Why can't \vee\ have an actual fucking discussion about this game?
Any criticisms are met with "lole sonyfgg" or "didn't play the game"

It's not bad, but it's not perfect either. Nintenbros are shooting themselves in the foot defending an open world game as god's gift to gaming.

Top kek.

/v is still desperately posting BotW hate threads over a month later.

So much butthurt because Nintendo made a game.

>If I can't refute any of the points made in the post, I'll just call it pasta

it's the premiere title of the switch, and not only is it good, it's unique

maybe start with a non-toxic OP for once

kek i was right about that game. It sucks like most Zelda games. Only good ones were ALTTP and OOT.

>copypasted shrines

Literally my favorite shitpost because it means you clearly haven't played the game and this your opinion is useless.

Yeah fuck having discussions about games on Sup Forums, you're supoosed to either mindlessly praise or hate a game idiots

at its release, in 2011, it blew every other game away. It still fights pretty good in 2017. Zelda will not achieve the same feat, it already does not

Morrowind or Breath of the Wild?

Those are nitpicks you pathetic faggot. That's all you have. Nitpicks.

>waaaaaaahhhhhhh I don't like the title screen. The game is shit!

Name one single major game breaking flaw.

>it blew every other game away.

lolno

>Name one single major game breaking flaw.
It's not linear enough

>Zelda will not achieve the same feat, it already does not

Top kek. He doesn't know...

youtu.be/hk-EnbS42dM