Bioware faith restored

>BioWare apologizes for its handling of Transgender Character (Hainly Adams)
twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828
>Bioware will improve male romance options
>Bioware will potentially fix facial animations and address many bugs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises
youtube.com/watch?v=NDV-2wYdKGE&t=302s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Mass Effect 3 ending
LOL NOT CHANGING IT, ARTISTIC INTEGRITY!

>Some trannies get mad at 1 character
OH GOD WE'RE SO SORRY WE'LL CHANGE IT RIGHT AWAY

fuck Bioware

too bad there's no changing the awful writing

>meanwhile, in some refurbished gulag, adapted do function as a slav game developement studio...

but user 0.3% of our population is transgender. We must apologize to this large community for our hateful and misogynistic ways

God the twitterfights in the replies
Literally
>Why are you doing this instead of making the game good?
>Because we're more important than the game! *puts words in your mouth* I'm not actually going to explain myself, the oppressed doesn't have to do shit! #SitDownCisboy

So now we can fugg the hot pilot girl?

Also

>BioWare apologizes for its handling of Transgender Character (Hainly Adams)

never forget
>Hello, why did you travel 650+ years with us to Andromeda?
>BECAUSE I WAS TRANS BACK ON EARTH AND I WANTED TO BE TRANS HERE MY NAME IS STEPHANIE BUT I USED TO BE STEPHAN

10/10 writing quality bio ware

Saying aint shit with these hacks. i might gaf if they actually do good, tho probs not. boOage

can't wait for Bioware to announce they sold 26M in their first month.

>SitDownCisboy

There's no doubt the game sold well. Mass effect is probably the biggest video game franchise in history not counting Nintendo games.
Having said that, the game is only slightly better than their worst game DA:I and if they keep the same cast and crew for Andromeda: 2 I guarantee the game won't sell. I sure as hell wouldn't buy the same shitty game twice.

>So now we can fugg the hot pilot girl?
by improvement I think they mean we now have more gay romance options

>inb4 bioware makes the krogan or Hainly adams romancable

user....that means more homo options, I'm sorry to say

Andromeda is inferior in nearly every way to DA:I and DA:I was already shit. Bioware gets worse with every game they make.

But.... every male on the ship aside from the always shirtless nigger and is gay, who the fuck else is gay that they will allow you to romance?

I very much doubt it sold well. It was on sale on GMG and on prime sale on amazon after just 48 hours.

Now that the crack is out after just two weeks I doubt anyone would still buy an unfinished game like this.

>Mass effect is probably the biggest video game franchise in history not counting Nintendo games.

user, please.

the replies to their tweet are so cancerous.

Name a video game franchise that's as popular as mass effect and isn't Nintendo. Go ahead, I'll wait.

There are 2 fags and you need to romance 3 people for an achievement. So gay ryders can't get it.

The patch was supposed to come out today. Is it available yet?

Call of duty. Halo. Battlefield.

can you please take your nintendo and gtfoutahere?

Half life, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Battlefield, The Elder scrolls, Fallout, Uncharted, Far Cry

you dont know how angry you just made me by pointing this out

Holy shit, the replies.

>you will never impregnate every woman in bioware

is this real?

Sorry buddy, you cant fix this writing.

That one fag has got to be a troll

And all of that matters little as long as the player doesn't even have the option to be a rude asshole in most dialogue scenes.

the percentage is even lower if you don't include memers that want attention. Maybe 0.01% of the population at best.

>Mass effect is probably the biggest video game franchise in history not counting Nintendo games.
Nope it's not. Mass effect sales are dwarfed by other triple A franchises like Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear, GTA and Resident Evil.

As of July 2014, the first ME trilogy (launched in 2007) sold 14 million copies. The series I cited, in the same time frame, sold in-between 30 to 100 million copies.

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Even the witcher saga probably sold more than ME if you consider that the latter, from the third installment onward, went down the shitter in terms of quality and fan reception.

>SJW: we want more trans, handicapped, poc, queer people in games!!!!
>BW: yassss we are truly the greatest gay allies, here you go
>trans character: i am le trans
>SJWS: WHOAA RACIST MUCH!?!!!
>BW: sorry guys we will fix it
>fixed character: *doesnt ever tell you that hes trans or gay is basically a normal NPC that never has more than one line of dialogue
>SJWS: ????

I'm not sure, dude.

The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, CoD, Halo, Diablo, The Sims.

Wow that took me a whole 10 seconds to think them up, do you even play video games user?

>Except that it IS your point, and it's not a mischaracterization based on your comments to others. #TryagainCisbro

I hope the new CDPR game doesn't cater to the sjws or have a female protagonist. This type of cancer is infectious

This is why you never try to appease these people.

No matter what you do it won't be enough.

>secluded population of social outcasts plays video games obsessively

Really invigorates the meme parts of the brain

Well ME didn't have a budge of 265M like The Witcher

Sonic the fucking hedgehog on top of everything else mentioned. Portal? Doom?

TW3 had a budget of $81m.

You must be mad. Have you seen those digits?

You were nearly satan there, buddy!

wtf is an intersectional Feminist?

The outrage is over the fact that a tranny would never just introduce herself as a tranny. Her past life usually was so painful that she would never bring it up with anyone but her closest friends and family, especially not with a stranger. That's why the "Hi, stranger, how are you? I'M TRANS! DID YOU KNOW THAT?!"-encounter is so extremely retarded. The person is literally reduced to a token.

>A bunch of gay shit
>Faith restored
kill yourself reddit faggot

It's feminism, but forced into every other field of study in such a way to create enough grey areas that they can sound like an authority.

So... it's bullshit.

>Navy girl
>Disabled

pick one

Bioware's problem is they're apparently in cahoots with some advisory teams that are all LGBT and pushing agendas. This is why you get such crazy decisions made like making female characters uglier so they don't offend the real women, or whoever they phrased it.

thats why i formed her fixed version to be just a regular npc that never actually tells you anything like any background npc ever and thats it

dont mention shes trans dont mention anything just let her say hi and keep going through her dumb looking idle animation

maybe then bioware can claim we have trans people in the game guise, you will never guess who

Means that every and any social issue is somehow a feminist issue which allows that person to take offense to it and speak with authority about the topic. It's the most retarded philosophy in the known universe.

Mass effect series has SOLD more than 15 million collectively.

None of those games even come close to selling 15 million except CoD which is universally agreed upon to not have been good in almost a decade.

>like making female characters uglier so they don't offend the real women
[citation needed]

I thought they meant they're a Navy Brat, but I could also believe that they used to be in the Navy and got out because of disability. It's the same situation that a transperson I know was in.

It does sound like poor writing, actually.

Still, it hardly needed a grovelling apology.

But then, that's just Andromeda in a nutshell, isn't it.

They're not making science fiction games any more, they're making social justice games that happen to be set in the future.
So, getting a trans character slightly wrong is a BIG DEAL while having a boring and uninteresting plot is hardly worth acknowledging.

>That's why the "Hi, stranger, how are you? I'M TRANS! DID YOU KNOW THAT?!"-encounter is so extremely retarded.

Thing is, that's literally what Bioware has ALWAYS done even if it wasn't for gays back then. It surprises me it took people this long to wake up to it.

>MUH PROGRESSIVE
Like you said this is just tokenism and diversity for diversity sake which, if anything, should be offensive to actual gay people.

Oh no.. its retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Even cooking mama and raving rabbids have outsold mass effect.

I legit can't wait to see the next Dragon Age. If the rumors are true and it's set in Tevinter can you imagine what SJW Central it's going to be?

Why would you send a trans person on a mission like that? You'd have to expend resources on their HRT.

Damn, even Raving Rabbids is a better game than all of the new Bioware games...how will they ever recover from this?

>being a number faggot
>muh dubs on any board other than You shitted up pol with your faggotry. Don't shit up V.
>pol was shit to begin with atleast we didn't have number faggots and frog posters.

>about the whole slavery and blood magic, yeah, we don't do that any more. also, please don't be rude. get with the times, dude.

I literally lost interest in DA2 a 3rd of the way through and haven't touched the series since.

Are you pretending to be retarded? The GTA series has sold a combined 220 million copies. The Sims series has sold 175 million copies collectively, a google search would show you this. Mass Effect is far from the biggest selling franchise, you're talking shit user.

Even the DLCs for the Witcher 3 were going to "cater" to SJWs according to Sup Forums, remember it?

I remember threads over pre-release screenshots of Heart of Stone bitching about the fact that it introduced sandniggers in a medieval european fantasy setting. Turned out it was literally a handful of npcs, of which two only two remained in the game once you completed the main story, and featuring them had a perfectly consistent explanation tied to the story and setting.

I also remember the same thing happening with Blood and Wine, with Sup Forums claiming it featured trannies. Turned out that Sup Forums was full of shit once again.

I doubt it will be made now. The whole reason Andromeda was slapped together like this was to buy time for the new IP they're working on, and when that bombs or gets delayed one too many times it will be to EA's dead dev pile with Bioware.

>apples and oranges
Fucking imbecile.

It's fine to acknowledge numbers when they deserve it, but making a thread devoted to them isn't. Other people are already obsessing over numbers in this thread, so how is this any different?

>Bioware will potentially fix facial animations and address many bugs
>potentially
The bugs were always annoying but I reached a later desert planet and now it's literally unplayable. Using the jetpack sometimes lands me inside walls, enemies spawn in with only a health bar, squadmates glitch into midair and freeze, and doors and NPCs won't always interact. And these are just the things that tangibly affect your ability to complete anything, not including the hundreds of minor nuisances that pop up on a minute-by-minute basis.

I can't recall a game that was more broken than this one in the past decade, and it's proof positive that companies can push out whatever the fuck they want because dumb shits are going to preorder the $100 version anyway.

Pretty sure that user was making a joke chief.

>None of those games even come close to selling 15 million
GTA5 alone has sold over 75 million units m8

>IM NOT HERE TO EDUCATE U

literally source:my ass

They should teach kids at school how to spot/deal with a troll, this shit is painful to read.

What is the controversy even about in the first place?

Are you on drugs right now, or do you actually have brain issues? What is it you do not understand? Mass effect sold 14 million copies, anything above it on that list sold more. Do you not know how numbers work?

Trans fee-fees.

It was a lighthearted joke.

>don't shit up Sup Forums

You're the one proclaiming that the bogeyman Sup Forums is lurking around every corner.

>hurr durr we so sorry to hurt our crazy snow flake customers' feeling
>we promise to make a better pandering to our crazy snow flake customers in future

Yeah, sounds like a degenerate pimp talking.

I almost thought the devs put that in there as a joke but then I remembered they're SJWs and were being serious

I get it but what did they do to hurt the trans fee-fee. I seen a lot of shit post about this game but I never heard this complain before.

Anyone got the detailed patch notes?

She is 19 years old. Not exactly a Vietnam vet, just a liar that wants free attention/followers

DRUMPF BTFO

If the new IP indeed does turn out to be stinker like MEA Bioware will be on extremely thin ice and see most of their projects cancelled.

No john, you are the imbeciles.

Plenty of people gave examples of comparable franchises (multi-platform action games with rpg elements) that sold tenth of millions copies more than the ME saga in the same timeframe.

All you need to do is look at this list and pick one: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

inb4: joke is on you, I was only PRETENDING to be retarded.

>There's no doubt the game sold well.

There's no doubt that it didn't. Bad PR spreads like wildfire in the games market because they release previews, betas trailers etc where everyone can see how bad it is, and even importantly they talk about it and spread it.

All the crappy animations we saw, we got access to before the game even launched

From what I've gathered, it's just that some random npc says that they're trans and shares their "deadname" to the player, which is a big faux pas for transsexuals, just by talking to them.

>The outrage is over the fact that a tranny would never just introduce herself as a tranny.

You mean like how every single fucking tranny on the internet proudly states that they are trans in their fucking profile so every stranger who views it knows they are a tranny faggot? Shut the fuck up.

Bioware wanted to virtue signal with a trans npc, but didn't think a step beyond that resulting in it being more offensive to the very people it was trying to appease. A trans person who joined colony ships to start new where no one knew they were trans decides to tell a stranger they're trans immediately, and even give the name they would never bother to use again.

The great irony of course is that if the character were a reasonably written trans person, you'd never know they were trans. But then how would you virtue signal? Quite the conundrum.

And this hurt their fee-fees? What the fuck?

Because a lot of people complained about the lack of brown people and it looked like they decided to cave.

OUROBOROS

>misogynist
>not misandrist

Misogyny implies hating woman you cis lord; how dare you push your non eh screw it I can't even shitpost this crap anymore

Are they going to add white people into the game? Or at least let people make custom white character.

>people behave the same way online as in person

youtube.com/watch?v=NDV-2wYdKGE&t=302s

>You mean like how every single fucking tranny on the internet proudly states that they are trans in their fucking profile so every stranger who views it knows they are a tranny faggot
Fucking this