Do you ever sacrifice gameplay advantages because of immersion or roleplaying? For example...

Do you ever sacrifice gameplay advantages because of immersion or roleplaying? For example, would you refuse a reward because it wouldn't feel right taking it, even if there were no real benefits in doing so?

I like to use certain weapons in a game in order to keep it in character. You know, for immersion purposes.

depending on who's giving the reward yes it it's someone in a shit situation that's giving me the last of what they have and I have the option to say no I will.

in skyrim I would switch armor depending on the weather conditions.
Fur, full body in snow, lighter armor in warm temperatures and I would always put on a hood if it started raining.
I didn't give much of a shit about stats

Sure, most games aren't hard enough for it to really count as a sacrifice in game terms, especially after the first 10% of the game.

ALWAYS. Example, if I play the game for the nth time, I don't pick up overpowered armours or weapons, even if I know how to get them. Or if I'm pretty good at a game, I just throw all my money at the start.

Yea I can't play an evil character just for the sake of being evil, it's fucking retarded and only works in Overlord
Extorting money from peasants in the Witcher 2 after saving them for example

Depends on how seriously the game takes it. For example, I've never taken the candy from the pedestal in the ruins in Undertale and in an RPG or some shit if I'm facing a big bad I might use the first sword I was given for some poetic shit.

It's a dog eat dog world, son.

>tfw KotoR
"evil" just means being a huge sack of shit

>playing evil characters
The only time I played an evil character without intending to do so was playing as a King in CK2. Hundreds of years pass and in order to secure my family's long standing place on the English throne a lot of people had to be executed. To top it off my character was titled "the Noble".

In KotOR II it actually makes sense.

I read a post from a fully autistic Sup Forumsirgin the other day about how he plays BotW: only eats by a campfire to heal, elixirs are for battles, etc.

It was quite disgusting and sad to see how deeply autistic he was about it.

In witcher 3 I'm rich so I'll tell them sometimes I don't need the reward money even though all I get are thanks.

No... that's.. kind of retarded.

This. I hate how Witcher 3 handles money, there's practically no use for it, so you can just reject rewards.

I know someone in real life who does that, but in Skyrim, and on console, completely negating any actual purpose for it. This might shock some of you, but he's autistic and an edgelord to boot.

Not really, I hate it when I'm rich in RPGs, it just becomes boring.

ITT

I guess if you want to be challenged by being poor...okay.
The challenge then becomes "grind for cash because you turned down quest reward dosh." Which is kind of fucking dumb in my opinion. Super immersion breaking as well.

I never use wallhack abilities, like the ones in Dishonored or DE: HR

lmao no shit.

Yes
I've refused to take the free Lucario in pokemon X & Y, I will not accept a filthy fighting type in my team.

I've refused to use any firearm in Watchdogs 2, I'm an hacker, not a motherfucking soldier.

immersion is made up and retarded.

I disagree. When I was younger I used to autisticaly roleplay in every game I played, it was fun, and I actually loved video games, now I just grind and, basically, hate them.

Honestly... Yes and no...
Depends on the game but as Bethesda games were already brought up ITT.
>Skyrim
I'll pretty much always use the best armor and weapons as long as they also look good.
>Fallout 4
I never use power armor because it is so overpowered that it takes away what little fun the game had to offer.

I'm similar to this. Like I know a way to spam Gaenor in Morrowind, and I could just take ebony armour when I'm level 5, but it would be dumb and boring to do so, but Boots of Blinding Speed are something I get every playthrough.

you should try playing the game with realistic weather mods my man. Then you will have an actual reason for switching like that.

Only if I'm properly invested in the game. I'll save a stalker instead of waiting for him to die in hopes of free loot. In Witcher 3 I left a sword untouched in a crypt because the knight it was buried with requested it. If I'm not drawn in and only care about the gameplay it's a different story.

>me
>not deserving of reward
Nice joke user, work on that self esteem.

No, it is never correct to roleplay in a roleplaying game. Autistic number-crunching only.

I was really, really hesitant to complete "Confidential Intel" in Automata during my second playthrough.

I did in the end, but I felt even dirtier since I knew what would happen.

I tried to never use fast travel/wait in skyrim, but i ended up just dropping that playthrough, even with carriage mods it was boring af

>achievement for exploiting an old friend with serious ptsd and making him lose his job
>achievement for not giving trinkets of your dead girlfriend to her grieving mother
>achievement for accepting a bribe from a murderous kingpin in exchange for not handing him to the law
>achievement for throwing a guy off an apartment block
>achievement for assisting a suicide

>achievement locked - complete the game without anyone dying by your hand

>never used the flamethrower in alien isolation
After reading countless comments here about how it ruined all tension of the alien I simply just never used it. Well that's not entirely true, I like having it equipped as a light source in vents and maybe later its required to burn stuff; haven't finished the game yet.

I wish the flamethrower wasn't so op.
for me it's the most iconic weapon from the movies so it has to be in the game, but if you watch your ammo and only fire in short bursts the game becomes a cakewalk

the movie told me that not using a flamethrower is a good way to get yourself the fuck killed while small girls cry in the background

>refusing to use guns because le librul haxxers xD

get fucked

>playing watchdogs 2

I don't like to kill/refuse units in exchange for items in Fire Emblem, even when I have no intention of using that unit.