>2016
>Capcom managed to release a fighting game that would qualify for one of the worst in the genre

I still can't play this game properly without the frame rate slowing to shit. I ran it on low spec, tried the spec settings over and over in notepad++ and nothing. I'm about ready to just call it quits!

The fuck are you talkinh about?
Mechanically SFV is one of the best fighters on the market.

The problem is the lack of support, characters nobody wants being added, a few stupid design choices, poor marketing, etc.

If you think SFIV is better you really need to git gud.

the last good street fighter was alpha 2

>characters nobody wants being added

Is this really so heinous? I think Ash Crimson is a smug fairy faggot like no other but I still use him because he's ultimately an effective fighter. As a character he's shit but he's still very much viable in spite of that.

ramon is a better gay

maybe you should call it quits from life considering this game runs even on toasters at fine speed.

>mechanically

It's solid but boring as fuck. The juggling point system is too rigid and fishing for crush counters is just fucking boring to play both as and against.

Urien and Mika are cool and fun though. My girl Karin got in but I only play her occasionally since her moveset is just so brain-dead. I get bored playing her.

Also this game sucks to practice.

SFIV is worse but this wasn't much of an improvement. It's certainly nowhere near as good as 3s was.

>Mechanically SFV is one of the best fighters on the market.
Oh god please. Fucking mashfest for scrubs, PRESS PUNCHES ON WAKE UPS.

Nice try Ono

Underrated post my brother.

The problem with unwanted characters is when they're being added and you have a small, limited roster that already raises tensions.

It still not as bad as SFxT

As I see it a character's character is less important than what they add as a fighter.

Sure it may be less-than-desirable to have to play as someone you don't want or think is bland but if you're still putting up a good fight with them I think that outweighs it.

it's stupid

i got it on sale and I still can't play it for longer than five minutes because of the framerate

>PRESS PUNCHES ON WAKE UPS.
if this works on you then you are bad at fighting games and probably still in bronze

Im not joking, but did you try turning the graphics settings up? Ive seen it run better that way

It's good but I enjoy SFA3 and TS more.

People care about more than the movesets.

Don't believe me, just look at the difference in fanart, cosplay and any other fan-driven work for VF compared to literally any other franchise.

>tfw eternally stuck in bronze limbo of ultra-sliver

VF is a poor example because the game itself has no presence.

Pity, too, it's damn good.

That's because the original creator is dead, ono is a troll, and just like what happened with SquareSoft -> Square Enix the people who made the company what it was are long gone and it's just a shell.

It's a shallow as fuck game that somehow has worse balance than some decade old street fighters showing they haven't learned shit. There's 3 ways to play:

>Gimmicky blockstrings and frametraps
>Fishing for crush counters
>Mashing out your safest buttons until you get a CC or a small combo off of a lp / lk confirm
add random grabs into the above and you have SF5.

It's weirdly addictive but also really boring at the same time. I say that as a 7500LP Vega. I feel like this game is only fun when you win. Anyone who has played certain competitive games even in other genres knows what I mean.

fastest way to lose

Not even him. But playing vega, some matches I've won have literally come down to

>I think I'll block
>I think I'm gonna wake up with St.LK

3f normals are retarded. Not to mention that can lead straight into super once confirmed. It's WAY worse than a wake-up DP, and so far this works even up to Ultra Gold so you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

for some reason beta runs significantly better with medium settings than the actual game on lowest
how does it even work

It has no presence because people don't care about the characters

that just means that your opponent didnt time his attack properly. how about you stop blaming mechanics and blame the human who hasnt mastered the mechanic? moron.

>how does it even work
it doesnt. you did something wrong with the original version.

I thought it was more the lack of pizzazz, which is shallow AF but what can you do?

No hit sparks, no crazy stage effects. Very straightforward fighting done well but plainly.

>This game sucks because Im not good at it

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Why the fuck should I need to defend my opponents? If half the playerbase is falling for goofy bullshit maybe it's because the meta revolves around goofy bullshit. I'm really curious to see where you rank because most people who are good at this game acknowledge the fact that it's decent enough to play, but fundamentally busted.

>weird slowdowns
>sometimes, extremely rarely, comes back between survival mode rounds
>alt tab out
>alt tab back in
>instantly fixed

quality programming cashcom

>you did something wrong with the original version.

yeah he did

he bought sfv

habbening

This.

>Whens Mahvel

user...
Even I understand the concept of wake up meaties and I'm struggling in Silver.

If anything it's the input lag that makes that a viable tatic for you.

>Mechanically SFV is one of the best fighters on the market.
So have you ever played a SF or fighting game before

SFV is absolute trash

there is no getting good at random luck

ive beaten luffy in a set, me playing like a retard with alex, doing 6 lariats in a row in the corner, hitting every single one.
then lost to an idiot 4 ranks below mine who just mashed s.hk with ken

random bullshit jumping cc fishing garbage

SF5 is a lot less stressful to me play than SF4. I get so frustrated in SF4 and drop shit left and right. SF5 is smooth and feels more like what CvS2 did.

It just needs to be deeper.

It's good compared to

>NRS Shit
>Anime Mashers

Street Fighter in general is better than most of the fighting games out there KOF14 and Tekken 7 might compete.

You probably shouldn't be posting your opinion like it's fact when you're not even at the level where your opponents understand what a frametrap is.

Get at LEAST to 4000LP (Gold) and maybe people would believe you know how the game works.

Fighting games are literally about guessing correctly
or
Luck

>NRS Shit
>It's good compared to the lowest bar possible
Gee whiz.

yea, if you pressure someone and put them in a tough spot they can't get out of easily
they shouldn't be about guessing all the time. even when i know exactly what button my opponent presses, i still have to rely on luck concering timing because of shitty delay and slow moves

even in top player tournaments there are moments where someone just mashes 1 medium button for 5 seconds and his opponent cant do shit because theres no reliable counter for it due to stupid hurtboxes and other shit.

I'm new to fighters competitively but SFV has been loads of fun to train on when the kick sets in. I've been neglecting it for other stuff recently so I'm still a shitter stuck in a bit of a rut. I know what my problem is and intend to overcome it next time I play though, and then I'll finally break into Silver ;_;

Tekken 7 might be the game that makes me care about Tekken. Before now I've really only played ST, SFIV, and the Mortal Kombat games but I played them all pretty casually.

It already happened with SF3. Nothing new really.

The only good SF was SF2. Third strike was so bad it killed the franchise for 10 years and IV mainly sold for SF2 nostalgia.

But it is a fact that if you can wake up with lights your opponents aren't meatying correctly or you could be lagging and causing them to mistime meaties.

What do you consider the "Fighting Game Market" then?

>I lose to button mashers

Like I said.

>mechanically sfv is one of the best fighters on the market
And which of the two mechanics made you think that?

>the actual best looking, most polished, and most technical fighter out now gets ignored by half the playerbase because of an invisible line they refuse to cross

Maybe people don't want two unga rushdown fighters full of set play

>ignored by half
you wish

>lol mad cuz bad
>recent eleague was galore of wakeup 3f jabs with even the evo champion doing it

Shit option right? You're obviously better than the evo champ and can beat everyone who does wakeup jabs, why dont we see you there hot stuff?

Maybe when Rev2 hits PC and gets a discount. More of a BB player.

wake-up 3f isnt SFV or SF-specific, and it's a thing at all levels of play, in some equivalent. if your meaty doesn't beat wake-up 3f then it's not really a meaty and perhaps you shouldn't do it. SFV even has something of a hardcoded shimmy mechanic through crush counter to dissuade the "mash crouch tech OS" of SFIV, whilst going out of its way to avoid hard vortex potential with character design, quick rise, and frame data.

when learning a character it's important to note every single knockdown you have and if it gives you anything. because you no longer get it every time for free from every single knockdown. you are right back into footsies after basically every situation, just because you got a BnB or a throw or a sweep, that doesn't mean you get dash in pressure for free. they quick rose right back up and footsies started again, they pressed c.lk c.lp because why the hell not, you walked into it, they hitconfirm and combo into vtrig + CA for 400 damage and kill you. pay attention.

although i think people feel its a bigger problem in SFV because everything feels very fast and stubby, there's not much active frames, there's very short blockstun, theres that weird unvuln window during the wake up animation. the sequences of 'my turn - your turn' or swapping blockstrings on one another happens in like 2-3 buttons, you have to be quick. SFIV often had you blocking sequences of like 7-10 normals. if you block that much in V you will be 35% gray life. SFV has a very weird rhythm about it. i think people still think it doesn't make sense when they watch it and someone just wake-up jab and steal the round. but people are only starting to get good and understand why that happens to them and how to cut it out of their game.

im starting to fairly enjoy watching it now people are getting better, though the game itself has been a fucking trainwreck.

>recent eleague was galore of wakeup 3f jabs with even the evo champion doing it

False-flagging
and Wake up buttons can still be a read if the opponent is afraid of a reversal or is shimmying

Check the tapes, see if I'm false-flagging or not.

And again, go there, show them your epeen if you're so good and this option is so shit. Call me shit in the process if it helps your inflated ego but please, go and show everyone how wrong they are.

Honestly had this thread been during season 1 i woulda probably disagreed.

After the most recent balance patches proving capcom has no idea what the fuck theyre doing, i aint even gonna fight it. Worst fighting game of all time is obviously bullshit when stuff like clay fighter 63 1/3 exists, but its certainly a step down in quality

what are some legitimate good points against SFV that don't revolve around being bad at videogames, or wanting to play single player on a fighting game?

it's been like a year? and I still don't see anything wrong with SFV besides Guy and Cody not being in the game yet

Miss us yet?

A2's my favorite as well. I agree.

Sol is in BlazBlue now?

>beat luffy/phenom/other european sponsored fucks
also nice goalpost shift

I would have bought it if arksys didn't keep doing retarded rereleases. Rev2 on pc hasn't even been officially announced and by the time its released some news will pop up about rev3 with Testament and Bridget or some shit like that.

who's best guy and why is it necalli

You're supposed to provide proof not him, you inbred.

It's a solid game mechanically, and balance isn't the worst. It's just really boring because there is no variety in combos. Of the characters I play, most combo with mp mp in some sort of combination. Cammy does sMP cMP, Karin does cMP cMP, Necalli does sMP sMK, HOW UNIQUE!

So boring.

r.mika has target combos

most people have target combos, here I'll show you

This argument is bullshit, every fighting game does bullshit rereleases since forever, by that logic, no one would play anything.

Most American FG players are legitimately too stupid for Guilty Gear.

netcode, loading times
variety in playstyles way toned down, to the point even pros complain about it

Guilty Gear is just marvel with roman cancels

>learn a few combos
>watch for openings
>do your combo routine you practiced
>wow ur amazing u win
>repeat ad infinitum
>congratulations ur a pro

SFV sucks

Guilty Gear has a barrier to entry is its own stupid art style and series numbering. It's too weeb to ever be taken seriously.

Somewhere there is a list of things to do to not fuck up you game. And no one ever thought to write "do not include a rootkit" on that list because, well, that's obvious. That is, until SFV.

every fighting game ever

>It's a solid game mechanically
>It's just really boring because there is no variety in combos.

So it isn't. The gameplay is scrubby trash, just like Capcom said it'd be before release. I blame the FGC fanboys more than Capcom for this one. All the SF scrubs who were too shit to play IV, Alpha II, and ST, had to do was have some dignity. But they didn't care about SF. Never have, never will. The real SF fans don't play this shitty game. And the 'pros' (read: whores who play for money) will never have the guts to start fresh in different game, because they'd no longer be 'the best', and they'd lose all of their fame, money, and community standing.

The FGC is full of shit.

There are balance issues with some characters and or the v-system. Risk reward is heavily skewed for characters who have better crush counter buttons in neutral and v-trigger as a comeback mechanic are more broken than ultra combos depending on the character.
Lack of defensive options make the game stale and boring to play and watch in some matchups because everyone is just in each others face all the time. You don't need to win the neutral to get in, just get lucky with a cc/dash in and then it's frametraps/shimmies, rinse and repeat while occasionally keeping an eye on the opponents meter to anticipate a reversal.
Online is ass.
There's a lot more that could be said and elaborated on but all of the points or 'opinions' above have also been said by pro players in interviews.

that's kind of true i guess

netcode has been perfect here, and I live in fucking Brazil, the only other fighting game with better netcode is arguably MKXL

also the load times are artificial, you can speed them up on PC

can't comment on playstyles though, I haven't delved deep into the game's meta yet

>complains about framerate
>won't post specs
hmmmmm

Nah, SFV is more like a turn-based game with its reliance on combo strings. There's no change-up whatsoever, every character plays exactly the same no matter who is in control. It's why nobody cares about SFV tourneys, they're a fucking chore to watch.

The online is legitimately trash.

and still those are the most watched fighting games turnys......

>netcode has been perfect her
Ono pls
>also the load times are artificial,
Doesn't make it less of a problem. The fact that a modder fixed them in place of capcom makes it even more ridiculous.

how can I accept this statement when everytime I've played the game online it's worked great?

If you don't see anything, despite, as you say, it being 'like a year'. And despite countless people giving you exact reasons why regarding gameplay, where the fuck have you been? - sucking Jwong's cock like the rest of the Kappa dickriders?

>worst
lol nope

Still it's worse than USF4 and UMvC3.

>works on my machine :^)

All the characters play exactly the same.

>walk up
>MP
>Frametrap attempt
>combo
>rinse repeat

The characters only start to play different from eachother while in VTrigger and that's only in 7 second spurts twice a match.

Every character has slightly different tactics, but their overall strategy is incredibly samey.

I live in Brazil and the netcode works great despite me being in a third world shithole
people always post "I dun like it lel", why should I even care?

>The real SF fans
kek

Also there is really nothing else to play currently, everyone could play older SFs but playing the same game for years gets boring and theres also the part where there will be players who have a 10+ year advantage over others and we become no better than smash.

You're lucky I guess. I gave up on this game because of it.

>ask for 4-5 bar connection
>get matched up with niggers from japan when im practically on the east coast
>laggy mexicans and BRs everywhere
>it's possible for only one person to feel significant rollback while the other has none (happened to one of my friends on a lobby i was hosting)

yeah it's fine

This game will stay in the tourney scene and be played online because the FGC is FUCKING STUPID and only concerned about money.

Hell f*cking epic post

Why did you record this?

I wanted to show that one user there are b&b combos as well as target combos

You didn't play much fighters right?
SFV is really shitty but there is way worse