My local Cex had 30 preowned (but in perfect condition) copies of Persona 5

My local Cex had 30 preowned (but in perfect condition) copies of Persona 5.

What's going on?

I thought this was game of the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yxVASSetmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

people returning their copies after the atlus stream ban, doh

>preowned
>still charge 65 eurodollars for it

Normies buying it then being like WTF is this? Then selling their copies.

Also
>CEX
>€

Where do you live?

Probably in Europe?

>65 euros
lol

He's a dirty mick, a potato wog.

t. English master race

I hope you had a shower after you left the store

CEX has been known to open new copies and sell it as used to get a bigger margin of each sale.

Streamers Don't make up a majority of players.

How does this work?

preowned copies don't give renevue back to the company
so cex open some new copies and sell them as used to make full price off the sale

That's pretty grimey

Can you show your statistics that prove this? Or are you just being baseless?

Some branches of CeX buy popular, but limited in supply, games at retail, then sell them on for a slight markup.

Two of the branches near me do it.

How would that work when they have records of what ones sold?

But are they claiming the boxes they opened are people dissatisfied returning the product and doing a refund?

Surely you have to do a shitton of paperwork to make that work.

Looks like Steelbook, probably some Limited edition or something.
I checked game websho and I can get P5 PS3 for 45 and P5 PS4 for 60 brand new.

Maybe some people didn't like the anime fansub-tier translation, which is understandable if you ask me

This is completely false.

CEX only sell pre-owned games. They DO NOT sell sealed new games, and do not get stock in from suppliers like a regular store would. Everything they have in store is from people selling their shit.

This is literally what happens.

Source: I worked for CEX for about 6 months before quitting.

>preowned copies don't give renevue back to the company
That's bullshit, they still have to pay for the copies they got from distributor / publisher.
Are you claiming they buy sealed games first and when they sell it they give some extra to the publisher?

baited

Welcome to Ireland.

We get ripped off and we like it too!

I can't even be bothered to find the "I was only pretending to be retarded" picture, but I want you to know that I thought about it really hard for about 15 seconds.

Pretending to be retarded and then chimp out when you get called on your retardation is not trolling, never was, never will be.

They're not 2nd hand, Mine had BOTW for Switch on launch day.

I'm a retard, Says (2nd hand) right there.

>anime fansub-tier
Anime fansub is better than 90% of the professionals, leaving aside total crapfests like Hadena if they are still active.

>$65
Damn that's expensive for pre-owned. Fair enough, it's 'Like New' quality but it was cheaper than that factory sealed from amazon.

All their stickers say that, unless it's a sealed PC game, and then it says (S).

Officially, it IS second hand, because the staff have purchased and then sold it on.

It's 65 euros which is....

fucking hell that's 70 dollars.

>Implying normies know anything about this series
95% of PS4 owners are dudebros that play GTA and CoD with their friends.

Import tax is a bitch.

Retailers don't make as much money off new game sales.
They receive all used game sales.

Fuck up mate. I'm Scottish. Don't talk shit on the Celtic confederation of craic.

>65eurobux

Don't forget that prices in Euroland are usually listed with tax while Burger prices are listed without tax.

why dont people return their games and get refunds instead of going to cex and getting 30p
ive done it before

Stolen and resold, and/or what this guy said

I work at a Cex ask me anything

Yeah, that's true also.

Honest question, burgers, why is this?

How many overpriced NES mini`s are sat on your shelves right now?

So people spend more to get them into debt and eventually bankrupt them. America runs on debt m8, that's why you have both 1st world tier areas and 3rd world tier areas in the USA.

1st world would be like, Washington right?
3rd world is Ohio?

RoI I'm guessing.

>Honest question, burgers, why is this?
Several factors:
1.US law doesn't require to show final price, EU consumer law does.
2.Taxes differ from state to state, even from count to county, so it's easier for large chain to show same prices without tax everywhere and add applicable taxes at checkout.
3.No store will include Price+Tax on their labels because their prices would look bigger compared to competition. So it won't ever happen unless some federal law forces everyone to change.
4.Tax is collected for Government. Many shops clearly state this on their receipts so the consumers know why what store asks and what they pay extra for the Man.

Makes it appear more affordable. Kinda like them doing $9.99 rather than $10 or $10.07 with tax

My 3rd world shithole country doesn't have good enough speed to support streaming, but you'll meet a lot of purse owners.

Streamers don't make up the majority of the people playing ANY game, except maybe for Stillborn.

dan?

do you have a maximum amount of allowed showers per week as part of your contract? because it has to be limited to 1 or less in my local CEX

nope

>Buying P5
>When the game will be emulated one week after its release

youtube.com/watch?v=0yxVASSetmA
Wasting money

Do you work for any of the branches in Kent?

If so, do you know Chantel?