youtube.com/watch?v=hN-lsFWEtXw
youtube.com/watch?v=sE2S3GdZtRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the eyes look better but... that's it?

>makeup removal

Shrunk the mouth 5%?

can't polish a turd

it does look better, but let's wait for this shit to be animated

The eyes look slightly less dead but they can't possibly fix all that retard animation

Animations aren't getting fixed.

Name ONE Bioware game that had good animations. No such thing.

too little much too late I'm afraid

they should be working on ME:A2 so it doesn't turn out like a steaming pile

They probably have to do a shit ton of work to fix the animation.
Adjusting the textures and shader for the eyes doesnt take as long, so they probably prioritized that to get it out in this first patch.

Still have ways to go though.

[smacks lips interanally]

good point

come on guys it early access, stop complaining

clearly haven't watched the mythbusters episode

fixed fem ryder?

Not really diverse enough. They should have made her black.

youtube.com/watch?v=hN-lsFWEtXw

>Still have ways to go though.
They won't be able to fix it on their way out the building. Bioware is finished.

>don't worry guys, we can patch everything, even the shitty dialogue and story!

But I like how they're patching it, means Biodrones can't pretend it was never a problem.

>you have to update the main characters so you can actually look in their faces
animations are still shit and that's the biggest problem (that they will never fix)

Sold the game to my brother already, nothing can fix terrible writing, a galaxy I couldn't give less of a shit about, and 3 types of enemies to fight.

I mean the characters are all still ugly.

I have... I just don't want to acknowledge that.

Also I wanna mythbust my load in Kari.

It actually does look much better. Still wouldn't even both pirating the game though.

How about we look at the worst travesty in Andromeda - the soundtrack. ME 1-3 had amazing soundtrack( ME3 fiasco aside, the ost was still good), but Andromed has nothing. There's like 15 tracks in the whole game, and they're all forgetable, the sound design is also trash. Lazy fuckers

>mouth slightly smaller
>eyes don't look dead anymore
>makeup change
I mean that's a start but they're not there yet

WE

My face is tired, I can't really notice any differences.

I've always wondered if theres a turd polish episode of mythbusters, just not when having internet access. i have something to google now.

all they literally did was change the eyes. animations still suck, faces still do awkward gestures, etc.

This really is an early access game

they just added a slight shadow on the upper eyes
if it was so easy why didn't they fix it sooner?

At least my character won't have "deer in headlights" eyes anymore

I hope

toning down the prostitute makeup definately helped

they spend 2 minutes adding shadow in the eye white parts (which is a generic texture used by all models at once). Then they call it "a shader" and pretend it was hard work for their fans.

Looks more diverse.

>AAA gaming

she's kinda cute, the cheeks are too big but thats it

One on the left actually looks like a human being so yeah, I'd say it's an overall improvement.

Even just thematically it makes a huge difference that your limited resource space expedition isn't stocked up on cosmetics.

The real question is: why didn't they use any senior dev from either Bioware "proper" or EA to help the new studio get things right? Why didn't anyone at QA or whatever point out how terrible the characters look?

There was nothing to fix.

Every female on the whole game has doughy chipmunk cheeks. What the hell was Bioware thinking?

I still don't understand, Inquisition ran under Frostbite 3 and the game had better facial animations, granted they where still shit but the point is they had the data from this game to port into Andromeda, they could have gone over the corner of the Inquisition team and ask about how to fix their fucked up program or whatever.

5 years and no one bothered to say, "hey, the previous game worked on the same sytem why don't we use that as a base?"

QA gets paid to test the game not give artistic critique

ME2 had tons of re used animations but at least they tried to make cut scenes cinematic. Good camera angles and cuts to hide their flaws, ME:A has none of that so the shitty animations are more noticeable.

Damn shame they won't do anything to fix the writing

Can the patch be applied to the Italian version?

QA most likely noticed and said something, but EA was like "this isn't really important, ship the game now and patch it later if people complain"

>new on the left

Why have people started doing this every fucking time recently? What in the fuck.

Unless they painstakingly copy that white part (as well as the shadow) in every texture it was probably, in fact, a shader, and far shorter to do it that way

>open video
>volume is up
>woman starts gasping and moaning very loudly

Very glad my roommates are not home.

>1.11 gb update
>it that it

of course nat, you dumb fuck

Jack Black

Still uncanny.

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE

TO WHOOOOOOOOOOOM

>ME3 fiasco aside, the ost was still good

No. No it wasn't. At all. The only remotely memorable tracks were the two Clint Mansell ones, and they spent the entire fucking music budget hiring him to make them. The rest of the soundtrack was elevator music and nothing compared to the first two. And that's because Jack Wall didn't work on it.

can you make white characters now?

I'm don't feel like its staring into my soul anymore.
But I'll have to see this in motion.
Also this. Did they have a shit version for people to remind people the game is coming out and then release the not as shit but still shit version later?

>lips still look like shit

of course

I legitimately don't understand. If they could do this patch within 2 weeks then why wasn't this in at launch?

Surely at least one QA tester told them that long unskippable transition cutscenes and a character with literally zero facial expressions was a bad idea.

Why does every character have Habsburg jaw?

Have you seen the White Rabbit Project on Netflix? It's her, Tory, and Grant doing dumb shit again. She's still totally bangable.

what are the vegas odds that this "patch" is just pre-launch work that didn't get put into the gold copy because the release date got forced earlier than they wished?

This smacks of classic EA quality of forcing the game out 6-8 months before its ready

wait for the lips patch ;))

you didn hear, the game is still in early acces.
even before launch

see
tight deadlines and big wig publishers hoping that consumers are too dumb to notice the flaws

WHY IS EVERYONE SO FUCKING GREASY IN THIS GAME

>it was probably, in fact, a shader,
nodev, don't use words you don't understand.

Did they fix the optimization? How the fuck did they manage to fuck up this bad with the frostbite engine?
I've had no trouble running frostbite games maxed out until now.

The only ME music that ever got stuck in my head was Sovereign's theme, especially the part that played when Sovereign possessed Saren's corpse.

The rest of the OST, I never noticed.

They said that was a shadder issue, Those caps looks like they fixed some shitty shadering and coloring, so maybe

nu-dev, shut your mouth when a superior is talking

Literally the only Mass Effect tracks I can remember across the entire series are the main menu theme, sovereign's theme, and the ending credits theme from ME1

>He thinks they will fix the performance
user... they never fixed inquisition, why the fuck would they fix this?

It's EA so very likely. Still seems odd that a week later and they've managed to actually give out some sort of improvement. If it was ready, why not a day one patch?
More likely, Bioware are incompetent and actually saw this as good and EA just ran with it, hoping to get enough copies sold before word of mouth ruined the Mass Effect name once more.

>nodev
You're the one who thinks shader implies tons of work.

She still looks like she's constantly flaring her nostrils

Not bad. But it only makes you wonder why didn't they do this in the first place, if it's apparently not so hard.

Five years.

More like a busted face. But dat bod.

oh yeah me3 so good
youtube.com/watch?v=sE2S3GdZtRg
when was this track used again ? I forgot

lips are too damn big on these characters.

game went gold before it was finished.
literally early access game

They had 5 FUCKING YEARS working on this game. This is one case where EA is literally not the bad guy, and the lazy ass diversity hires who dicked around on twitter for half a decade deserve the brunt of the blame

aw man, but i like her face and bod. :(

Let's not forget that EA gave them a 5 month extension as well

KANGZ

The big players in this industry are constantly doing these sort of tests. They push some low quality for 60 bucks, season passes, pre-orders, etc. They see what gets pushed back by the customers, what doesn't. That's why people retards actually defend pre-order shit but the Augment your pre-order took it one too far. SquareEnix was testing the boundaries to see how far they can push.

AAA title games should not be allowed to release Alphas/Betas and call them full releases then tell everyone to wait for the patches to fix "everything". Those patches typically take 2 years to fully come out and they don't fix everything at all. Nothing can fix the awful animations of this game. It makes me so elated that I didn't buy into the marketing machine and buy this game. It's truly a piece of shit.

this is why hiring people based on race and sexuality to meet a company quota is terrible

They still look like tired faces to me.

They fixed Cora walking animation

It's like with Overwatch: even though they have "so much" diversity it's still pretty stereotypical and even cartoonish.

whatever happened to curry thunder?

It is still shit but there is only so much you can do. I wonder if CPY will redo the crack for the update or not.

>still has that stiff turn

BioWare's actually did good here. I'll give credit where it's due.