Is no man's wharf the most poorly designed area in any souls games?

is no man's wharf the most poorly designed area in any souls games?

Lost. Izalith.

>4-2
>Crystal Caves
>Aldia's Keep
>Purple Yahar'Gul
>The Ringed City

>better world design
Dark Souls

>better area design
Dark Souls 2

Only cumlords will disagree

>take off all of your clothes
>run nude
>find secret bonfire

compared to

>can't see shit
>shit load of random enemies everywhere because DaS 2 = quantity over quality
>oil flask thrower + two fire archers + 3 dogs + 2 mobs in the SAME AREA

nah

Shrine of Amana
Doors of Pharos

you forgot the dudes that hit you with bleed even when you dodge their strike

Ds1 has the best levels, ds2 best mechanics, demon souls has the best overall level aesthetic, and ds3 is trash for bb faggots who thought dark souls was too slow and unfair.

>>find secret bonfire
w-what?

Visually King's Passage is.

I love No Man's Wharf. What do you dislike about it? Felt like a proper area to me.

I like No Mans, though it sure does kick your ass when you're in blind

Lost Izalith looks and plays like an incomplete level. They didn't even finish designing the dragons in that place.

Why would you take off your clothes if the robes after killing vaginal discharge is obtainable and ring from killing centipede?

>doesnt know about locked door to completely bypass this shit area

DaS 2 was the best game to be a sorcerer, I'll give you that. Tons of neat spells, they actually tried to make them appealing looking

>use torch
>don't be a faggot scrublord

WA LA

Dark Souls 2 had some top tier level aesthetic, ruined by poorly designed level layouts.

Its not very useful. Its just before the roots you'd run up to get to the non-lava area. There's a illusory wall on the structure near it. The bonfire behind the illusory wall after Quelaag is the fastest way to the Bed of Chaos boss.
You're not missing out on much.

>point out legitimate flaws
>g-git gud!!!

people like you ruined souls threads.

Just because you don't like something, or it isn't convenient for you, doesn't mean that they are flaws.

>WA LA
It's voila you fucking troglodyte

Absolutely not, it's pretty good in all honesty

Reading comprehension, nig.

The problem's with you, bro.

I really have to disagree...
Most areas in DS2 are just hallways or "open" areas with only a single way in or out. They are rarely horizontal in complexity.

I do agree that DS1 does overall world design very well though. It feels like its put together as a place that might exist.

DS2 feels much more "video gamey" in its design.

>>oil flask thrower + two fire archers + 3 dogs + 2 mobs in the SAME AREA
Spacial awareness is important, why would you run right into a guarded courtyard when you could come in from the other side and pick these fucks off one at a time?

>shit load of random enemies everywhere because DaS 2 = quantity over quality
It's a tutorial level that teaches you how to deal with groups. Crowd control AoE, pulling, stealth, and quick dispatch are all viable approaches in this area.

Im literally the ONLY person on this earth who fucking HATES DS3 grand archives. way worse than no mans wharf

THIS GUY JUST BUSTED DOWN YOUR DOOR
NAME THE LAST GAME YOU PLAYED, IF ITS SHIT YOUR GETTING SHOT

>tutorial level

defend iron keep then. or is that a tutorial level too?

I liked it
Suk a dik

DS2 has reminded me of a really good 3D sequel to the SNES Castlevania games for its gamey, super-obnoxious difficulty.

No, that's what the tutorial was training you for :^)

Seriously, 2h a rapier and be patient, even Iron Keep isn't bad if let yourself adapt to the level

This is some absolutely shit taste, my man.

And I honestly like it for that.
Just pointing out the differences.

No, I like it a lot as well for that. I get why people may not though.

Hey newfriend.
That's not how you start a thread.
>That thread would be terrible anyway so don't bother

Wait, people actually don't like No Man's Wharf? I rarely enter Dark Souls threads but NMW was one of my favorites.

>shit post in a DS2 thread
>sit up to go to the bathroom to fart cause
>get back to my PC
>confuse my tabs
>click Reply button to start new Sup Forums-tier thread
love new friends

Prepare to Die > Scholar of the First Sin > Fire Fades

So do you just spring straight into every area?

Are you one of those dsq babies that needed giant dad poise to complete the game?

wait, I could have the answer to my question if I just read the thread??!

Meh, I kind of liked the light mechanics, I hated Brightstone Cove Tseldora a lot more.

>he doesnt play vanilla ds2
Are you gay user?

No Man's Wharf is actually a pretty decent area.

It's vertical, loops around, has a good theme (navigating a dark as fuck cave-city), and has decent aesthetic.

Probably one of the better designed areas in 2.

I'd actually say that Aldia's Keep is a pretty garbage level.
>full of empty undetailed areas
>just a big fucking box
>gauntlet hallway of the most annoying enemy in the game
>short as fuck

Coming up upon it, you expect a lot, until you get inside and it's just a big empty fucking box with some stairs.

No Man's Wharf is fantastic, especially in SotFS where you need the torch to see properly. Its biggest problem is how early it can be found, since it will tear your anus inside out if you don't have estus since lifegems heal too slowly mid battle.

No Man's Wharf is actually one of the better designed levels in 2, especially in SoTFS when they added the shortcut.

>legitimate flaws

The only flaw here is your lack of skill

>Doors of Pharos

Holy fuck I was so excited when I found that place and it was so fucking lame. I thought it was going to be some insane labyrinth and it's just like a cave with a big rat

Fucking this. That entirely level gave me fucking eye cancer.

great damage control

The area with the fire salamanders is the worst area. The broken animations for those enemies is just the cherry on top.

It's hard to run out of lifegems. They're 300 Souls, and you're not hurting yourself by not leveling now and then and buying up a ton.

Just pop 2 and you're good.

I never said it was hard to run out of lifegems.

>walk into the cave to try and nab the key for Old Iron King DLC
>one salamander lobbing fireballs at you from across the room
>another hopping and spinning around on me, wiping out my entire HP bar
>starts charging up a fireball toss
>"This is my moment! I'll just circle around and hit his ass while he's spitting fire!"
>salamander spins on a perfect pivot equal to my own strafe speed, spamming me with fireballs to my face, killing me

That's when I knew Dark Souls 2 was shit.

The Gutter, it's like someone actually went, "how do we make a shitter and less interesting Blight Town."

The gutter was one of the worst areas in my shit-tier opinion. The idea was interesting but I hated every second of it.

Frigid Outskirts and Iron Passage are more egregious while Lost Izalith is over quickly.

Like a kidney stone as opposed to diarrhea.

There are ways it could have been interesting, but they just made it pitch black and totally vertical.

Luckily, it's not as bad as some other areas, and once you know where to go, you can get through it and to the bottom in minutes.

I will never understand why they didn't port the good aspects of DaS2 over to 3. It's ridiculous that they kept all the bad parts but removed all the good.

>Power stance
>2 handing weapons doubling your effective strength
>Estus being a Heal Over Time instead of instant
>The vast variety of spells actually being viable, for both Int and Faith
>Buffable boss weapons
>Levels that had colours other than washed out grey

In terms of Art direction DaS2 objectively shits all over 3. Dark Souls 3 looks like crap.

2cat and Cooler Ranch Demon are the only bosses in Dark Souls 2 I avoid every time I play after the first time I defeated them.

Getting to either of them just isn't worth the frustration. 2cat isn't even worth it alone.

Looking back I'm amazed I actually managed to get at least some entertainment out of DaS2.

To me, the other souls games and bb beat it in nearly every regard.

I can honestly say that Ringed City is the worst by far.

you couldnt git gud buddy?

Dark Souls 3 has good areas, but they are dreary. You get tired of the grey / yellow sky fairly quickly.

I wish they'd had given each area it's unique backdrops and skyboxes to further portray the collision of worlds and time eras, rather than just a dreary sky with endless mountains below, and the crumpled up world drifting up around. Would've made a lot of areas far more interesting I think.

Have to disagree with Dark Souls 3's art direction being shit however.

Running past everything doesnt make it fun.

This is objectively shit taste. Dark souls 2 is easily one of the ugliest games ive ever seen. Dark souls 3 looks 5 times better and i would argue dark souls 2 only has one color and its shit brown everywhere.

All I wanted was Bonfire Ascetics. Or a boss rush mode that has NG+ options to compensate.

There's like 4 threads where you can call your favorite dark souls the best and the others shit, was another thread really necessary?

If I had to pick a shitty area from 3, it would easily be Dreg Heap. I expected a lot more.

Dark Souls 3 has pretty good areas otherwise. There's really no area I can confidently say I dislike going through. It's only crime is how linear it all was.

I don't get it.

What's wrong with No Mans Warf?

> i would argue dark souls 2 only has one color and its shit brown everywhere

This is factually incorrect. 2 actually has much more variation in it's color schemes per area than 3 does, and I have more time into 3 than I do 2.

>it's a retard throws around "game design" like he knows what it means episode