So my stupid brother has said today that 480p is standard and that nobody plays games and watch movies/anime in HD only...

So my stupid brother has said today that 480p is standard and that nobody plays games and watch movies/anime in HD only special people. Lmao.

He's right. Listen to him

Why have you come here to post this? Do you need confirmation? Are you actually questioning your own beliefs because your brother lambasted you with his retardedness and won the argument?

rekt

it is though

Did you just get destroyed, user?

I'm sorry autism runs in your family user

No but in my fucking village eveyone thinks that standard is still 480p and that wanting HD resolution is spoiled.

I agree desu

I know I live in such a fucking garbage country where people still think 480p is standard.

>village

Well you do live in a village, peasant

Get to the city like us big boysqwasq\ss

I'm to poor for that.

Too poor for proper grammar

Shitskin confirmed

I live in a fucking village what do you expect.

The vast majority of HDTV is behind a paywall in my country so people just watch SD for free even though everyone has an HDTV with many even having 4k now. It's somewhat absurd.

For games 480p is definitely not the standard though. For PC gamers 1080p is pretty much the minimum around as you want to render in your native resolution and sub-HD screens are rare as fuck by now. For consoles the standard is whatever the games push out (typically 580-720p upscaled to 1080p). Very few have PS4 Pro AND a 4k TV both.

I expect retards in villages to be killed at birth. I'm surprised you're still around.

Stop blaming everything on your "village" user. You lost an argument and you came crying to fucking Sup Forums, grow up

>Village
Well, I can see why

The edgiest post I've seen all day, congratulations Coldsteel.

This guy is right though.

Maybe if you live in the third world.

you brazil? mexico eastern europe?

>my Village

I know I'm cursing my life because my parents decided to bring me in this garbage village.

640x480 is all you need

It's nice to know we still have preteens on/v/.

I don't think I've ever watched a film in hd. Only hd tv shows. I don't have a blu ray player still use dvds. Or netflix

eastern europe

IWTF are you talking about I have not lost anything, people watch and play in HD resolutions today almost nobody uses 480p anymore. It's not my fault that people in my garbage village think so because they are stuck 10 years in the fucking past and calling me spoiled because I want to watch and play games in 720p in 2017.

>brother punks your bitch ass
>come cry to Sup Forums to feel like less of a bitch

Does he at least let you smell his fingers after he has a girl over?

I haven't watched any films that aren't in HD in over 10 years

Pajeet pls

i grew up in a village, i now drive a porsche and travel all over the place, quit being a nub

but his right. it's standard for most people

The problem is he made that extrapolation based on only observing you.

>720p

like well done steak, it's called standard definition for a reason.

>480p is standard.

If you still use DVD's like a cave-man.

>village
Never forget, Sup Forums. 100 years ago you'd have to use mail to call someone a racial slur or a faggot. Now we live in a future where you can argue with a farmer in Timbuktu about video streaming quality.

>Fact
95% of great video games are rendered at 480p or less.

Sometime I think HD was a mistake, we're never going to get a nice 2D animated fighter ever again

>he can't afford vowels

your brother figured out the secret to getting rock solid framerates before you did, don't be jelly

Still watch tv in 480 because why pay more for standard

>people still buy DVDs
why?
Even spending the 5 bucks extra on the bluray gives you a DVD in most cases

I haven't bought a DVD in like 5 years

480p master race.

>half-life generations
Is your computer a time machine?

What a fascinating world we live in, truly.

>LCD

>I was born in a small village...

Yeah, I am talking to you from 2005 user.

>village

was also born there, stayed there until 25 as well.

>americans think villages only existed in the third world
inb4 predictable reply that everywhere not usa is third world

OP tell me more about yourself please i am interest

>my village
HARK

were you born in it?

Shitposters...
Foreign shitposters...

Are you a fucking child? Get out of here retard go back to Gamefaqs faggot.

UNIEL exists, user.

>For consoles the standard is whatever the games push out (typically 580-720p upscaled to 1080p)
do you actually believe this? have you never touched a console in your life?

1080p is the standard, with occasional instance of 900p (and even less common 720p) upscale to 1080p

you're drinking the shitpost cool aid too hard m8

Watch out for foreign soldiers..you don't want to be raid, trust me

Gamefaqs is master race to this place faggot.

People from third world countries should just die and stop spreading their cancer.

Villages in my town have fiber 50-100Mbps, perfect infrastructure, working train, bus, taxi infrastructure etc.
Just because it doesn't have 20k+ people doesn't make it a lousy place.
Houses are nice, people are nice, close to the store, 1-2 days for a delivery when ordering PC parts online because transportation is that fast.

No point in going large if it's still gonna be shit.
Same with resolution, 1080p and 2160p is shit if the source material is SD content.
But OP is right and you're arguing useless shit like grammar instead of agreeing that 480p is not the standard, 720p-1080p is, at least for TV and consoles.

im laughing and i got strept throat. op is fucking 15

I live in a village of 4600 people. I still get the same internet access, deliveries etc. There's Tesco, Next, Costa, Argos. Basically a shopping centre down the road from me.

Don't know why you all think villages are like Neanderthal settlements or something lmao

Because in the U.S we call those towns.

That is town not village, villages have approximately 4000-6000 people.