Why does Zelda keep getting new games when no one actually likes them?

Why does Zelda keep getting new games when no one actually likes them?

If Metroid had gotten the BOTW treatment and gotten a a wide open world, it would have sold tens of millions of copies. But instead, they made yet another entry in a generic fantasy series that no one cares about.

(you)

Isn't Metroid shit though?

goes to show how people judge books based on their cover without trying them.

Samus is all about story. Fuck that. Nobody played either game - Zelda ou Metroid - for the fucking story. Say it with me senpai:
Level design, exploration, atmosphere, combat. Not fucking story. Lmfao

>Some landwhale self-inserts as Samus

Tragic.

>a girl who isn't afraid to show emotion and be feminine
I wonder what SJWs will be mad about next.

Is this thread from a universe different to mine?

>I can't wait to see this intriguing story MADE GAME
what does this mean?

>¡Wow!

Other M called; at least Zelda owned up to her dumb fuckery.

requesting the ugly Zelda crying while being patted on the back pic

Metroid has gone the way of Sonic.. Im so sorry.

Because nobody would take a fat person's criticism seriously.

this

Because Zelda is good while Metroid is trash

>open world metroid game
well shit, we don't need the other game genres anymore.

OPEN WORLD İS KİNG!

And rightly so.
Being fat destroys your brain cells.
Just look at what happened to Steam.

>women taking photos.jpg

>white, blonde, blue eyed comic protagonist

I bet she's straight, too.

It's Samus you fucking putz

internet headcanon samus is the fucking worst

1980s racism, propagated by white people worshiping, backwards Japanese developers. It's only appropriate she's the voice of descent.

>Mario game
>¡Wow! A crying princess who needs to be rescued, I can't wait to see this intriguing story made game.
>Zelda game
>¡Wow! A crying princess who needs to be rescued, I can't wait to see this intriguing story made game.
>Pikmin 3
>¡Wow! A crying space captain who needs to be rescued, I can't wait to see this intriguing story made game.
>Super Princess Peach
>¡Wow! A crying plumber who needs to be rescued, I can't wait to see this intriguing story made game.

you could replace samus with a machine and nothing of value would be lost

zelda > samus

oh my god guys I just wanted a serious rational discussion on why Zelda is shit and all I get are memeposts from nintendildos on their nintenGAF hugbox

AYO HOL TF UP

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT FEMINISM

If everytime you open your mouth a piece of food slips in, maybe you should learn to keep it shut.

Samus started crying like a bitch at Ridley in Other M though

Jammies Samus looks comfy.

>When no one actually likes them
What the fuck are you talking about? Wasn't Zelda like the most popular video game series among kids by some recent consumer report, above even Minecraft or COD? Does anyone have what I'm talking about? Someone posted it earlier this week.

I mean, there's lots of female warriors in the Zelda franchise, even in BotW, especially when the Gerudo are concerned.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the fact that Zelda is dependent on Link and the other champions for combat. She's a scientist and a scholar, and most of her character development revolves around the fact that she struggles to manifest the magic power of her ancestors and compensates with research and Sheikah-focused archaeology.

Plus in her defense, as much as the whole endgame goal is rescuing Zelda, she's also responsible for keeping Ganon at bay so Link can liberate the Divine Beasts and get back to top form so he can take on Ganon.

Strong female characters don't need to be a rule 63 Doomguy.

Are you referring to Zelda or Samus? They both show emotion and are feminine. Any SJW acting up to either of them is retarded. Zelda was essentially the hero of BotW. Link was a weak piece of shit and lost the fight, so she had to hold off ganon for another 100 years til she could get some help.

I've been thinking long and hard about why Nintendo is abusing Metroid this way, and I've finally come to an answer.

They are misogynists. Nintendo hates women. Why else would they continue to pump out titles where you save princesses, over and over again?

Remember when Zelda fans were upset that Linkle wasn't playable in BOTW and the devs tried to justify it as being because Link is and always will be the main character? Meanwhile, at the same exact time, Federation Force was being made and DIDN'T EVEN HAVE SAMUS IN IT. The double standards are maddening.

Peach is supposedly competent enough to take on Bowser's forces herself, just as Mario does. What does Nintendo do? Make HER GAME about her emotions. When Star Fox fans wanted Krystal back in Zero, Miyamoto laughed in their faces. And when Metroid fans demand a REAL METROID sequel with BOTW style open worlds... we don't get it.

Nintendo simply does not deserve our support.

The Google study, "It's Lit"

>a generic fantasy series that no one cares about.

>games consistently get high review scores and sell 3+ million copies

>"no one likes them"

>her friends have died
>her home and family have been BTFO by Ganon
>partially because she is a colosal failure
>isn't allowed to cry about it

>using Samus to criticize a female character for crying

Remember when Anthony had to save Samus from Ridley because she was too scared to fight him?

>¡Wow!
What did she mean by this?

It's a recognizable brand, like pokemon, you say the word pokemon and everybody says "I love pokemon"
It doesn't matter which pokemon, games, movies, show, toys, all of them get a 10/10 by default because you played pokemon red three decades ago. Same with zelda, nobody needs to play it to give it a 10/10, because if they give it a 9/10 they'll have nintendo fans standing outside their door burning flags and wearing isis balaclavas while chanting "kill the non-believer" in japanese.

Other M was fucking awful though

>Why does Zelda keep getting new games when no one actually likes them?
Hi Tom Preston

>Strong female characters don't need to be a rule 63 Doomguy

There is, however, a lack of games where you can literally play as a rule 63 doomguy

Test one two

Kids don't know what Metroid is.

They only know Zelda because it's continued to be shilled with remasters and spinoffs.

Nintendo makes systems for children.

why is "made game" emboldened?

Absolutely atrocious feet. Is this artist literally brain dead?

And I thought Zelda fans were bad. You Metroid fans are even worse

The Prime series nailed the concept of Metroid in 3D. Why make it Open World?

Soggy Knees enters the fray.

wow it's almost like the visual focus is elsewhere you stupid fuck

>tfw real strong girls never have visible abs and large natural tits
why live

why would I want metroid to get the BoTW treatment? it's one of the worst 3D zeldas and a blatant attempt by nintendo to pander even more to casual western audiences as well as a mediocre open world game on it's own merits

ninty has already fucked up metroid enough I don't need more salt in the wound

metroid prime is almost open world. you can go anywhere

metroid prime was already created and reached its apex, the series could only go down from there.

Prime is as open as Super Metroid

Damn just imagine the amount of pussy this comic landed him

metroid is already a game about exploration you retarded piece of shit

There are mods and things out there.

>she plays for the story

Is this what she would look like in Federation Force?

You never do see her with her helmet off.

>Where do you keep all your guns

Literally Link with a ponytail.

FUCK YOU MACHATCO
U
C
K

Y
O
U

M
A
C
H
A
T
C
O

Metro is fans are eternally butt hurt because Nintendo dropped that sorry franchise because it has no audience.

not even good b8.

Zelda games typically sell 3-5 million copies, Metroid.. 1-3 million.

>girl is emotional, femenine, and breaks when her whole world falls apart
HUEE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
>girl is stoic, cold, and steps up when her whole world falls apart
MAN WITH TITS HURRR

Just let them be, you can't win.

That's the joke.gif

>Samus cries in Other M
>"game is shit" - fanbase
>Zelda cries in BotW
>"dem feels ;_;, best game ever" - fanbase
It's showing how double standard it is. Personally, Zelda crying like a bitch should be hated on.

Samus is supposed to be a badass combatant used to fighting. Her being a crybaby doesn't make sense.

Zelda isn't anything like that so it makes sense she isn't as stoic. I'm glad you're not a writer because you'd make any game you touch into shit.

I agree with everything you've said except for the last sentence.

I know, right? Zelda was the WORST in BOTW and you don't see people call her out on it like we saw with Other M.

Reminder that the game only happened because SHE SUCKS AT BEING ZELDA.

Of course a girl would be watching the game and eating popcorn instead of playing.
This is exactly why they don't target that demographic.

That's not what a double standard is. Samus crying about Ridley after she's fought and killed him like 3 times previously and 5 or 6 or some shit if you're counting the Prime series is not just shitty hack writing, it doesn't fit her character. It's just wrong. Zelda is an emotionally vulnerable character in basically every game she's ever been in, and Zelda crying makes sense in the story. She didn't fight and kill Ganon a million times, this Zelda only fought Ganon once and she fucking lost.

Because you != no one.

because zelda's a different person every time?
are you this massive of a faggot?

Zelda is a different person every other game, whereas there's only one Samus.

no one had to TELL zelda to use her powers to stop ganon though

Doomgal is a godsent.
I wish Bethesda pandered to the SJW and gave us shortstack cute Doomgal.

Two characters that serve totally different purposes in totally different games.

Fact: The introduction of the Zero Suit marked the decline of the Metroid series. And it isn't just about the sexualization of a "stronk woman protagonist."

Samus was always sexualized in a way... a reward for beating the games quick. But she should have never had any sort of in-game exposition. Back-story, fine. But the games, as they happen, should absolutely be without cutscenes or dialogue during the course of your exploration. They should be developed through things you find in the world. This is why AM2R is the best Metroid since Prime 1. You learn what happened and what's going on through the clues the world gives you.

What Samus has become is okay, I guess. But she never needed big tits, ass, and whatever personality she has now to be one of the best female protagonists in gaming. Not that those things are mutually exclusive. But it seems like those things are the focus now, rather than just a neat bonus at the end of the game.

But the wonderful modern Japanese devs will never understand this.

fans weren't upset that she cried they were upset why she cried and the context

it's one thing to start crying reminiscing about the chozo who raised her or something and another entirely to start whining and crying during a fight with her arch nemesis

Samus is also a different person in Other M. I mean, nothing in that game makes any fucking sense when compared to the rest of the franchise. For all intents and purposes it's an alternate universe.
If Nintendo knows what they're doing at fucking all, next game should proactively be retconning that shit.

"Doomgal" is already a thing, though.

I do not want any kind of Metroid sequel if they don't actually mean it. Other M was a disgrace.

>meme open world
>gayass cartoon graphics
>samus has the ZSS body style
>muh stronk female

I just want some fucking serious METROID

>My opinion is fact!
>Women that are both strong and sexy are ruining women in video games!
I honeslty don't understand this thought process. Does the fact that most olympic athlete women are sexy and attractive make them somehow less special or important? Why is it that when men are both strong and sexy in video games nobody has a problem and men aspire to be like that, while if it's a woman people whine and complain? Doesn't make sense.

Did Samus ask Adam permission to FUCKING WATCH a video game first?

>samus has the ZSS body style
When the fuck did she had any other body style? She was a slender blondie since Super Metroid. You better not be talking about that Nintendo Power artwork where Samus looks like a gigantic dyke that wasn't made by Nintendo.

I swear Anti-ZSS get more delusional by the day.

Fuck you. Zelda is my game of the year in a stacked year like 2017.

>¡WOW!
>Intriguing Story Made Game