youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY
youtube.com/watch?v=YPucWx_H_9c
youtube.com/watch?v=VlxUZmXuKVw&t=1042s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>copy western stuff
>can't think up something new
hmm

Communism ruins everything

tencent is the biggest game company and they make too much money from shitty mobile and moba games to care about producing good games

Because their people dont play games. They'd rather make rip offs and copyright nightmares for the west than make good games that actually require money to make.

Because they made lots of mobile games and MMO which Westerners usually don't like.

youtube.com/watch?v=FthCP38TgC0

Well, they made Journey, if you consider it's good.
youtube.com/watch?v=2BEComrj0A4

Because they don't have any culture or leisurely interests over there. It's just communism and work.

Gaming in general is considered a huge social discriminator that distracts you from your job and is treated as borderline criminality.

creativity is anti-communism.

They have no souls

They're easily the least creative people on Earth, their entire economy is based around ripping other people off and cutting corners.

>He hasn't heard of 300 heroes
youtube.com/watch?v=uQHgfmwPccc

china doesn't make anything that doesn't randomly crumble or explode

user please, China hasn't been communist since the late 80s. Nobody under 30 has any idea what it was like. Present day China is state capitalist in that the party has say over all the major companies, but on local level people are doing whatever the fuck they can think of with practically no oversight or regulations.

>Biggest economy in the world
>No video games
Hmmmmm maybe those Ching Chongs are on to something

I hear ICEY is good.

>reated as borderline criminality
It really is not.

China has the most players of Dota2, LOL and WOW in the world.

>china isn't communist

China has a very controlled gaming market, so they play very specific kind of genres and produce very specific kind of games

>if the government body is called Communist Party then it means that the country is communist
EL OH EL

lol

I'd take video games over gutter oil any day senpai.

No creativity, everyone in china is either rich and satisfied with it or poor and struggling. The wage gap makes america look sensible.

I'm really eager to see your computer or cellphone or ps4 explode and burn you alive right now.

delete this

I am mildly intrigued by War Rage and Code: Hardcore.

Your bitterness blinds you.

>pretty much all their artistic output is copying Japanese or Korean trends or whatever's popular
>surprised nobody wants to play Red Hat Jumping Hero-leopard-walk-up-to-dragon when you can just play fucking Mario on your phone these days

In what fucking way China is communist, except the name? Are you THIS deluded and misinformed?

youtube.com/watch?v=JYTKejO1xXw

Hmm, well the designs are predictably unoriginal but it actually looks somewhat entertaining.

You don't really know shit about China, do you?

Why the fuck are people without clues on the topic at hand the ones who are the most eager to talk about it?

Because games are art, and a pile of money doesn't create good art.

I've heard Tiger Knight: Empire War is not bad.

>in what fucking way is china communist
>multiple cities with high rise buildings that are ghost towns

gee i don't know

They're communist why are you getting so mad about it?

Because good Russian games like Stalker are usually too hardcore for Western casuals

>Economy comparable to the US
>China has nearly 4 times as many people

Wow I wonder

China doesn't make single player games to win awards. Their entire video game market is pay2win shit. It's really sad. It's pure capitalism and greed.

No you're fucking retarded, i work in a lab as a grad student my entire lab is off the boat Chinese and I took 4 semesters of Mandarin ,they're stay capitalists and I'm not even the guy who was originally responding to you. Just because they have undertaken large scale social projects doesn't make the governing body communist. You realize the U.S participates in many social endeavors that communism does,does that make us communist too? I doubt many people on this board know shit about china outside what memes tell them

they only proficient when it's about "retro-engineering", they can't imagine new shit, only copy.

How is that communism? Are you retarded?

I just want you to answer a simple question.

State

I'd been playing a lot of games where they seem to highlight some kind of Chinese-sounding name in the developers or option for dialogue/language/text.

I thought I'd try to use them as an example for this thread.

But upon further research, they're all Taiwanese.

Oh well.

Actually I was in Hong Kong on vacation and came across quite a few RPGs for the PC. Most of them are predicatably set in ancient/mythical/Wuxia China but some of them actually looked interesting.
But since I don't read the language I don't even recall the name.

Stop taking the bait, you faggot.

Chinese state control is higher than in most countries, due to the fact that Banks are still nationalized, their economy, social policies and class distinction is controlled by market, with few exceptions of state officials at the very top.

>i dont know what is witcher 3

Those games seem quite niche compared to the hundreds of MMOs, FPS, or whatever pay2win multiplayer games they play everyday.

What are you talking about OP?
youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY

>Just because they have undertaken large scale social projects doesn't make the governing body communist

>Hurrr China is still communist
In which way is a country where half of the population is piss poor dirt farmers and the other half has first world life standards communist? The chinese middle-high class is on the rise and they have a lot of money to spend, there has been a surge of Chinese tourists in Europe in the last decade.
Also there are a lot of Chinese companies making huge trade deals in the West for exporting their shit, the government is strict as fuck on social issues and don't care about human rights but they don't give a shit about companies that make a ton of money because they get to tax them just like any western country.

Look up tales of wuxia
It's about as good as it gets

>It's another it's not communism unless it actually works out episode.

Nobody is saying that

this was a western studio though

Even if they do make new shit, you probably will keep saying it's copy like an answering machine. You folks really lack of creativity.

Then why isnt India a super power

>It's another "politically biased hillbilly american with no education that only follows alternative medias tries to debate foreign politics" episode
I hate those.

banning consoles stunted their own game development sectors. so they mostly focus on their own market such as mobile and mmo's.

i see them eventually expanding their development to more western style audiences as they progress.

Communism doesn't work dude

>muh kung fu magic people

I've had a Chinese RPG called Prince of Qin installed for months now.

Someday I'll get around to it. Someday.

Also, didn't the chinks make Alice Madness Returns?
Obviously the director and stuff were western but the actual company is located in Shanghai I think.

user, I have some news for you, China has officially stopped banning consoles since 2015.

not really, it's just the big business there are more jewish than EA, so they only make grindfest MMO number 1419413#,
>Pulled out some kungfu shit F2P MMO (with nothing new except for slightly better graphic) and released it into the market
>Chink peasants started to eat it like hottest shit ever, grind their level for 24h/day like a dick comparing competition.
>When it had enough players, then introduced the CASH SHOP. MILKING TIME. Now chick fucks gotta buys all the cash items if they ever wanted to have a position in this dick contest.
>The game turn into a money laundering fest, hackers battle grounds for tools, auto fight, cheat items.
>Developers stopped patching the games and adding new contents once it turn into a huge mess beyond saving. Well time for a new ching chong kungfu MMO
>Repeat and profit

We aren't even trying to talk about the validity of communism and it was you who brought it up, read a book so that maybe you get some reading comprehension, you fucking nigger.

Not like it matters if they control the import of media

Why are you so angry

china isnt the biggest economy in the world you absolute retards

Taiwan is China.

Best China too.

Because he can't take the fact that communism is a shitty failure of an ideology.

it's called experience, how can you be confidant in expanding to western markets if you have none of it for the last 30 years while all your competitors have?

things progress slowly, their domestic market is keeping their own studios busy but eventually it'll get saturated and force them to expand.

My point is that everyone in China contributes less to their economy and it's the same with India.

Chinese and Indians are poorer and contribute less to their own economies. There's massive amounts of low skill workers in those countries.

The US has less people, but more people that make more money and have higher skill jobs. So Americans have more disposable income to spend on entertainment. That's why the Chinese make f2p MMOs and shit, because that fits their market better.

Poor people can go to an Internet cafe and play shitty mmos.

No commie retard ever can

Alice Madness Returns was developed by Spicy Horse studio in Shanghai which was co-founded by American McGee and a Chinese dude, most of the stuff are Chinese. The studio was shut down by EA at 2016.

>Capcom blunders with their latest game while allowing Tencent to catch up eventually
Sad!

Are you some sort of a hippie?

Shut your whore mouth, Pyongyang Racer is my shit, nigga.

Their esport scene is pretty good.

this user get it, also they had a piracy culture, nobody expect them to buy anything especially games that had crack somewhere, even if they had money

there is a common denominator among communist countries :
*one (ONE) party, no opposition, it's subversive.
*police of thought exist (related to freedom of speech, again,it's related to something subversive) i forgot another example : China Firewall.
*and the "five-years plans" or something like that.
we are in the 2016-2020 plan (4 years ? don't ask me, it's subversive to doubt about the plan being 5 years).
anyway, they even made a vid about it :
youtube.com/watch?v=YPucWx_H_9c
it's the 13th one, the first plan was in '50 and was mao works.

Marx was right except in his conclusions, that's why communism don't work as he intended.

Hate to bring it to you, but Pyongyang is in Korea and the game was made in the best part of it.

The negative amounts of fucks China gives about copyright is the reason nobody wants anything to do with them besides take advantage of their cheap labor.

I literally would not trust the Chinese with a chocolate chip cookie recipe just from the fact that I'm certain the moment I turn around I will see ads for 'traditional chocolate chunk treat' fucking everywhere.

>*one (ONE) party, no opposition, it's subversive.
>*police of thought exist (related to freedom of speech, again,it's related to something subversive)
Do you realize you just described every authoritarian form of government, like nazism and fascism as well?

The opposite actually, just wondering why you'd be so peeved at someone saying communism doesn't work

China is capitalism communist

Not him, but because his answer had nothing to do with what the guy has said

>delusion: the post

The Chinese are moving the the right of us in free markets user. They're already implementing plans to privatized their healthcare

Seems like it'd have been easier to just ignore it in that case

China has a lot of endemic cultural problems that make it hard for them to export creative stuff without it being cracked down on by the government.

It's why Hong Kong has a thriving movie industry but China's movie industry is poo-poo.

In otherwords,

youtube.com/watch?v=VlxUZmXuKVw&t=1042s

Sorry, I want to have fun too

More like China is "national capitalism" .

Creatively bankrupt due to soulless culture and incentive to copy instead of innovate.

>capitalism communist

>its another "anything i dont like is communism" episode

Give them a few years. They have only recently allowed console gaming, and now Sony and the like is pouring investments into the country to develop games oriented at the Chinese audience. If it picks up steam, gaming industry will boom there.

Keep in mind that their middle class is still only a fraction of their overall population. They're still mostly a poor country per capita wise.

damn
really make you thinks

5 year plans don't mean a lot when 70% of your economy is free market. Without the command economy these plans are just a roadmap and promises: not so different from other states.

We really don't want the video game industry to be like the movie industry and revolve around pleasing a bunch of faggots half way across the world, because their government doesn't allow creative merits to show unless it shows the commies as the hero.