Whats your take on david cage style, point and click "video games" (IE the real video game movies)

whats your take on david cage style, point and click "video games" (IE the real video game movies)
>heavy rain
>life is strange
>until dawn
>the walking dead tell tale series
>the wolf among us
>Detroit become human

do you think these games are worthwhile, or just a bad attempt at art and should be abandonment. there seems to be more popping up now, though still in smaller numbers
what do you think Devs could do to improve them?

posting some games

At least they're being honest with themselves, they know they're making video game movies, but people will still bash them while defending vapid shit like Uncharted or Assasins Creed.

Heavy Rain was really good. It was just an interactive story but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I was kind of sad Ethan wasn't Schizophrenic and was the killer. They should have explored that a bit more. But in the end the game was too easy but that kept me entertained. The graphics were incredible, probably the best looking PS3 game.

>detroit
>white

they need to open the worlds up a bit more. Im not talking GTA sized maps because that kind of defeats the purpose but getting to walk on a linear path for 10 feet just to click buttons and watch cute scenes is my definition of a video game movie. Not the last of us or uncharted, but this stuff

if they just gave the player a bit more freedom they would be much better imo. I dont know if its possible to do it on any engine or if people like david cage are willing to try

the problem is youre taking a risk with a game like this. You know youre starting out with a smaller market compared to other style f games such as first person arcade shooters or 3rd person adventure games. its a niche genere so youre not going to have the money to play around with a lot
add in the fact that very few people even do this, and the ones the do are pompus and want to be considered artists rather then game devs who would never do even though it might make it more interesting

I actually like this genere and hope we get more games like it but unless they add a bit more to it at the sacrifice of making a movie then it'll remain stagnant

did anyone else play this game. ive been wanting to and the reviews seem fair but I stopped hearing about it right after it came out so im a bit cautious
no spoiler pls

its pretty good. a bit like actually and visually beautiful. Its like a better LA noire type game with a bit of paranormal thrown in

shame it didnt get as popular

They're more able to push graphics and storytelling boundaries, but fall short on using the medium to their advantage. Most don't have what made shit like Gabriel Knight good and none approach anything that myst was doing conceptually.

>david cage invented point and click games
Are you actually 12?

Read it again.

They're alright for what they are.
When did he say that? He said point and click style.

I want way more of them. You simply posted all there are compared to 1000000 shooter, rpgs, jump n runs, etc

Pretty comfy games. Until Dawn was the best.

I just want another detective game

the DLC for heavy rain was GOAT

see

a couple of neat ideas and somewhat engaging plot that gets ruined with holes and sometimes even plain retardation
refer to indigo prophecy/fahrenheit
starts as intriguing thriller, ends up as idiotic sci fi

the occasional movie game is fine

the walking dead
heavy rain
until dawn
life is strange
the wolf among us

in that order. Detroit isnt out yet so we'll have to see. Fight me faggots you know im right

im getting a real blade runner vibe from it, so im legit looking forward to it

I want more of them, primarily to shake up the industry and knock the big dogs off their throne, who are in my opinion fucking up the industry. primarily the top 3
>cowa dooty FPS shoot em ups
>3rd person open world sandbox
>magic or other mmo games

for chirsts sake, 8 bit games are on the rise now because theyre vintage