Damn why is this series so good

damn why is this series so good

even MGSV (arguably the worst metal gear game) is great

MGS4 is shit

because all of them were made by the same guy

no

metal...gear?

oldfag to the series here.
I played all the main series up to MGS3 (Including MG, MG2 or AC!D) but quited from vidya a while ago, so I never played PW, 4 and V
what should I do? I always recommend release order when some friend ask me about the series, but given that I am more than familiarized with the plot, and sice I heard V is a weak final chapter I´m thinking about making a chronological run so I can end with 4 (most people agree is a better "end of a saga" game.
What should I do? I´m replaying MG at the moment, so I can still choose both orders.

4 is a better game to end the whole story, but V has a better meta ending.

>mgs1-4
>beootiful artwork
>mgsv
>cg face
bravo

for the first time through the games make more sense if you play in the order of release

4 was the worst one without question. V is GOAT

it really grinds my gears that gz has shinkawa artwork on the back of the cover but tpp just has the controls

damn, I kinda wanted end with 4
absolutely, but what if you already played everything except for PW,4 and V? still go release order? Did I miss/spoil/to much? (since kojimbo tends to retcon things)

Probably still go with release order honestly because the ending to MGSV makes more sense to you the player if you've been with the series for a long time.

hmmm... okay pal.
and what about PW? technically I should be playing it after 4 but honestly I feel like playing it after 3/PO is way more comfier. But I don´t know shit about the plot, so perhaps it spoil stuff from 4 or whatever.

Reminder that this is the canon option.

PW and 4 have basically no ties from what I can recall. There are some revelations in V that change how a character is viewed in 4 though.

Why shoot her in the chest and not the head?

Okay, I´l wait, perhaps some other user can remember some ties between them or something.
If they are not related I´m gonna go 3-PO-PW-4.

PW and V spoil every single plot twist from 4, also V starts immediately after PW (like a few weeks later).
4, PW and V is the best order
look up "the phantom episode" before doing the final mission in V

Because you can survive a shot to the head, but a broken heart always kills.

Glad you're playing PO, it's not a great game but it is underrated.

Big Boss approved.

a bullet to the heart is less painful than an actual broken heart, which is what Quiet got at the end of the game, because she loved Venom Snake, but he never loved her back. In fact, he saw her as nothing but filth, garbage, something to get rid of: which is why at the end he leaves her alone to die in the desert, alone and heart broken, and thus his revenge and "demonization" was complete

godammit not you again

that's exactly what he thought when Quiet stood in his way, because he had no love for her, while she actually felt love and affection for Venom Snake

whoa, then I better keep the shit release order. I specially don´t want PW to spoil 4.
Also, what is exactly the phantom episode? I mean, it's the cutscene of a missing chapter without gameplay, or some kind of file a là previous documents on MGS?
also, thanks for the advice pal
yeah man. Even thought I´m still new to PW and V I can see how much they rely on PO. It may be not a perfect game, but I find odd as fuck how that minor game changed the direction of the fucking franchise. I mean, all the mechanics that makes PW and V different from the rest of the series where introduced in that game, and Kojima actually never give PO director enought credit for that.

Nice to see the cult of kojima finally breaking up.

Basically, and this isn't a spoiler per se but it just tells you how V is structured, V is split in two chapters, the first one having a linear narrative and the second one being more open ended and followed a handful of different plot threads (most of the content in part 2 is optional, don't believe people who tell you you are forced to do hard mode missions or shit like that just to shit on the game). The ending to one of those threads, the one you may consider the most important one, was cut from the game and only released on a bonus disc as "the phantom episode" and without it the game feels incomplete. You should also look up the nuclear disarmament ending because that can only happen while playing online but it never will.
Anyway, PW spoiling everything was an exaggeration from my part but it does spoil the identity of a certain group of characters that is revealed in 4, and it's also reliant on the backstory provided by 4 to be easily understandable, some things may be confusing otherwise.
In any way it's better to play that right before V by default since those two are heavily intertwined, and V does spoil the shit out of everything (the game ends with a timeline detailing the events of the whole series)

Okey dokey.

okay pal, thanks a lot! but one more question. if that phantom episode is the important ending, why should I watch it BEFORE MGSV in-game ending? I don't want that video to ruin or spoil the end of the game

Saying pal so much you sound like detective gumshoe.

If you unlocked missions 45 or 46 you're fine watching the phantom episode

>pal
totally, from now on I´m gonna use fag, user or Sup Forumstard.

Yes.

That´s fine then. Thanks a lot for all the info!

It's fine, I just for some reason connected it is all. I like detective gumshoe

Good for you!

Seriously, name a more engrossing series. I'm feeling the phantom pain.
How many times do we have to pull out the "it's V, not 5" line before you're happy?

Every thread.

no problem pal

I am the Fury...The flames of my rage will incinerate you! I came back from 2015, and as I returned, I had one vision...the last Metal Gear! And do you know what I saw? Fury! A great and terrible fury at being a fan! Now you will feel the scorching heat of that horrible letdown!

MGSV is arguably the best MGS game OP.

Alright, guys, keep the basic plot of this game, but rewrite it so it doesn't suck

What? Venom went back to save her and then she killed herself because had she not everyone in DD would be infected. Are you retarded, user?

> last Metal Gear game
Oh, user... you poor, poor fool.

She was a loose end not someone to save.