Tl;dr Sup Forums got triggered over nothing

tl;dr Sup Forums got triggered over nothing.

It's time to apologize.

>Sup Forumsirgins don't understand copyright/trademark law and jump to conclusions

Stop the presses.

What happened?

>entire situation is clearly explained in the OP
>"what happened?" asks the blind retard

>people are so stupid that a company has to publicly explain common procedures

Wew.

>hahaha you nerds got upset over nothing!

Yeah, it was totally obvious this wasn't going to be a big deal. Like, imagine if Bethesda went after someone just because they tried to use to word "Scrolls" in their game title? How ridiculous would that be?
OH WAIT.

>inb4 McDonald's releases a public statement explaining why your $4.99 combo meal actually cost $5.31

Mojang tried to copyright the word Scrolls though.

>all those pr speaks
I want to make game titled Cyberpunk Quest.
Will I get sued?

as long as you don't try to sell it, probably not

That's bullshit.

they'd probably ask you to just change the name of the game before moving to legal action

see, most of the planet lives in countries where the sticker price of everything cannot exclude tax computations.

'murika is the last developed country still adhering to their cuckholding ways, and you apparently are proud of it.

Not really. Why you would name your game after a genre in the first place is beyond me.

it's mostly because sales tax varies from state to state

>[TL;DR]
Cringe

No you won't.

I don't think anybody was retarded enough to actually worry about this, or think of it as sinister.

Unlikely. You can contact them directly if you're worried but why not a more interesting name? Cyberpunk 2020 or Cyberpunk 2077 kinda works if only because it already has a bit of history behind it.

>trademark
Only has any meaning in countries like the USA. A lot of EU countries don't even give any special treatment for "trademark". Only patents and copyright are protected.

Sup Forums lost their shit about something completely irrelevant whilst sucking the dicks of companies that do worse shit on the daily.
>What else is new

If I named it Cyberpunk 2077 Quest, that's fair game if they sue me.

honestly after seeing people on Sup Forums saying they were gonna lawyer up and sue cdpr over the bullshots and downgrade i now believe Sup Forums has the mental age of a downs syndrome fetus

Sup Forums being emotional as usual, nothing new to see here.

Itt: it's ok if poles did it.

I support cdpr doing this. They are the only company putting out games that's not absolute shit, I don't give a fuck about the opinion of Sup Forums because the last 3 games Sup Forums recommended is absolute trash.

This is actually good since it shows CDPR learned from the downgrade episode.
Now they know they need to treat customers as literal retards and patronize them.
This is the actual power of Sup Forums, not tortanic.

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

No intellectual property rights don't work like that.

If Nintendo trademarks word Mario they have to trademark a specific font, specific content, etc.

You could make a game called Mario's Adventures following the exploits of a Italian American mafia member. But you couldn't make a 2d platformer a guy in red overalls.

You also forget Bethesda was largely ridiculed for it, though.

But Bethesda was in the right to protect their ability to make a future game with the word "scrolls" in it.
Imagine if Mojan trademarked "scrolls" and blocked all future "elder scrolls" games because lol they got the trademark?

"John Smith: Adventures in a Cyberpunk Dystopian Society" when?

Only retards thought this was an issue anyways.

JON SUMISU.

just like the japs it's okay when they do anything

only haters and bioshit fans were triggered, everyone else knew what this is was about.

No. Just dont put numbers after "Cyberpunk".