Is it worth getting a Switch primarily for this game, y/n?

Is it worth getting a Switch primarily for this game, y/n?
Discuss

>$40
hell no

>buying a console for ANOTHER SF2 iteration

Experts within the genre says it's the most definitive version. Pretty impressive roster. Shit HD mode that will never be used but still in HD-resolution.

there's plenty of reasons to get a switch
but why the fuck would you buy a console for an sf2 port

>throw breaks in SF2
>definitive

NO

Still is the best SF.

I was excited when I heard they were adding two more character to Street Fighter 2, thinking "wow they're gonna retro add new characters into the SF2 engine, that's pretty sweet".

Then I saw what it was and almost vomited. Why don't think just go full Mugen and make opposite versions of each character like Good Akuma and Russian Guile?

ST might be, this isn't.

You should never buy a console for one game unless you're gonna put lots of time into said game over years.

Provided that lag is not an issue, I see this game as having lasting appeal.

With the Switch's popularity in Japan and that being home to lots of strong players, there's incentive to get this one.

You really think they'd bother to draw several hundred more completely new sprites, in both low res and HD? Especially nowadays when there's no 2D knowhow in the industry?

it's not going to be exclusive to the Switch, dummy

Says who?

says anyone with common sense, user.

Name three

Well when the info came out about the new version it was pretty quick between "two new characters" and the reveal of who they were. It was a very brief period of time where I was excited about the concept, didn't have enough time to think about the logistics.

Also at the time of the reveal I don't believe there was info about the game having the low res sprites in it. I could buy them drawing in the HD Remix style a brand new character, but you're completely right about low res.

1. No.

2. It'll probably get a release everywhere else, including PC.

It was already released on Playstation and X-Box consoles last gen. This is just an attempt at trying to squeeze a few more cents out of the Nintendo market because they paid way too much for that awful HD art.

So how likely is it that this will be the last SF2? It has "The Final Challengers" in the title, so maybe Capcom will finally move on from SF2 after this.

>RUSSIAN GUILE

>SONIK KAPUT!!!

0%

Nah. Please look forward to ultimate ultra street fighter II turbo: the secret challengers.

No and it's probably coming to other platforms anyway

No, just play ST on Fightcade retard

No.
It's Turbo Remix. The game is not worth it even if you didn't had to buy a console to play it.

I've only played SF2 once in my life at a friend's place, so I'll be buying it when it hits 38 dollars.
BotW if you don't own a Pii U
Splatoon 2
Mario Odyssey
>It'll probably get a release everywhere else, including PC.
Only if this version is successful though, can't be bothered to find the source for that but a quick google search should find it.

It makes as much sense as SFV being Playatation exclusive Also available on PC*

I wanna try that weird FPS thing they added.

You will get low level players in this atleast, also no o.sagat

>buying a switch for a remake of a 20 year old game you can get on other consoles
Thats fucking retarded

Why buy a switch right now? Two of those games don't come out for months. There's no reason to get one now, or even this year.

SF2 is such a trash game too. Shame 3S never replaced it.

>It'll probably get a release everywhere else, including PC.

Capcom outright stated that it'll port USF2 elsewhere if it sells well enough on the Switch. With that having been said, even having a Switch, I'm not going to pay $40 for Turbo Remix + Shadow and Coldsteel.

D E L E T T H I S