I have recently become interested in those 2D anime style (for the lack of a better term) fighting games

I have recently become interested in those 2D anime style (for the lack of a better term) fighting games.

The problem is, I am a complete newcomer to fighting games in general.

So, is there any game in that style, which is very beginner friendly, with easy to pull off moves, that I can ease into so I can move on to stuff like Guilty Gear and Blazblue later?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4UB4oc1Ew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Melty Blood

Melty is your best bet

GG Revelator actually has the best tutorial mode I've ever seen. But Melty Blood is good too like what the anons above me said. I think there's a link somewhere with a ton of information and video included to help you.

Thanks, but I will need something older that I can emulate. :/

Xrd has stylish mode which basically gives you what you're describing.

dude what

There is no such a thing as "beginners fighting game".

Just play whatever you think its pretty. I would advise you to play King of Fighter for neogeo.

Guilty Gear: The Missing Link

XrdR isn't hard to get into. Just takes time and effort like everything. The older ones are more difficult. You can find GGXX#Reload out there maybe AC+R if you want to try it out but it doesn't really have the tools to teach like the new games.

I actually tried the KoF games at one point. I liked them, but they are a little more like Street Fighter than Guilty Gear.

Nig, you might as well dive in to Guilty Gear#Reload. When learning fighting games all it really takes is just few moments of experimenting in training and playing arcade to get the hang of the game. I don't know why, but EVERYTIME I tell someone this never fucking listen and overthink fighting games.

honestly with fighting games, you should start with a traditional fighter like street fighter 2.

you could start with guilty gear xx reload, but you'd have to ignore a shitload of mechanics just to learn basic fundamentals, so its a bad starting game.

Try Xmen VS Street Fighter and X-Men: Children of the Atom. If I recall correctly they had almost no special mechanichs outside having long air combos and super jumps.
Then you move into the anime games that interest you.

sf2 isn't anime

Honestly, Just start with Guilty Gear Xrd. It's designed for newcomers to jump in while still keeping the overall GG gameplay. Plus has one of the best tutorials in fighting games today with real match situations and actual BnB combos to learn.

Start with Xrd if you endgame is to play XRD honestly.

>(for the lack of a better term)

Airdasher.

Starting with Xrd is pretty easy.

melty blood is a low spec pc game. my pentium toaster can run it just fine.

and its honestly your best bet for learning to understand how combos work. which can then be applied to a certain extent to other fighting games.

pic related best girl. dont try to debate me

youre thinking of blazblue. xrd doesnt have stylish mode

>youre thinking of blazblue. xrd doesnt have stylish mode

youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4UB4oc1Ew

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

>(for the lack of a better term)

"Weeaboo".

well shit guess im actually retarded. gonna try it when i get home.

is it in -sign- or only in revelator

I will pick up Xrd, any advice?

If its Revelator
Go through the tutorial.
Then do the mission mode or combo section for each character up til advance combos
Hopefully by then you find a character.
Mission mode with go more in depth on the game mechanics after you get the basics in tutorial.

Don't go online right away and get discouraged.

remember video games are supposed to be fun user. enjoy the matches and dont worry about losing. you'll get better over time. also i would also reccomend you pick up blazblue and undernight inbirth at some point. blazblue is my personal favorite of the bunch

I only casually played BB:CS and did all the story stuff, not much past that but I did remember liking it despite being ass at the characters I wanted to try to get good with (Tao and Carl)

Only in revelator.

ah... i see. i only have -sign- lol

Persona 4 Arena and it's sequel.

Tip number 1: Wait for Rev 2 that is coming out soon. Might be cheaper if they release it standalone on PC, unless you find a really good deal.

2: Watch Airdash Academy and Guilty Gear Crash Course.

3: Go to a discord server for the game of your choice to ask for advice on specific problems you find.

4: Don't be afraid of playing against players, but make sure you practice a lot before.

Anime games are execution intensive and have lots of freedom, but learning might be a linear process. This may sound a bit weird to other people, but the first think I recommend you do is learn how to do combos. Once you're familiar with the execution required, you can learn much more easily. After combos, you will want to practice movement, or in other words, playing matches and getting to do your combo without getting hit. Then you want practice okizeme (AKA setplay), so that you have a full gameplan.

Want to learn some basics ?

Asuka 120% Burning Fest easy to learn moves anime style art the basic of the game S move Super move cross up Cancel and 2 level of Hop/jump.

All the best fighting games are on saturn/dreamcast though. Why would you play trash like blazblue