This game has actually earned its way into my top 5 favorite games of all time...

This game has actually earned its way into my top 5 favorite games of all time. Something I would have laughed at for thinking any game this year could do. How does it stack up for you Sup Forums?

1. THUG 1
2. Metroid Zero Mission
3. Metroid Prime
4. Nier automata
5. Custom Robo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KrTLdbwZuhw
youtube.com/watch?v=zbMzPgEHTJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's my top 1

I like it a lot too.
Though for some reason I can't stop playing it. Even long after I finished the game.
I even got a switch and Zelda not too long ago but I always put it down to come back to NieR.

I got to ending E, deleted my save file, ejected the disk and put the game on the shelf
let them go user. let them have their freedom

I'd agree. It's probably in my top 5.

1. Ori and the Blind Forest
2. Hyper Light Drifter
3. NieR: Automata
4. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
5. Titanfall 2

Why? What's so good about it? How much time have u blown on it?

Genuinely curious not trying to be a dick

I only have 100 hours on it. I can't really pinpoint what specifically I like.
I just hop on and roam around the map and mess with my chips, weapons, and difficulty.

Nier Automata is my number one. Immediately started a second playthrough on Very Hard after E.

Also the game is literal sex on Very Hard

youtu.be/KrTLdbwZuhw

Will Automata be a game people play back and introduce to others in 10-15 years?

I'm really having a hard time finding something wrong with the game. The story, the gameplay, the soundtrack, everything is so right.

Platinum's gameplay with a great story.

Yes. It's going to become a timeless classic

The combat is still pretty meh, not one of Platinum's best that's for sure so it's nothing to write home about.
The story and characters don't really hold a candle to Nier 1 desu.

It's a nice game, and I had a nice time with it, but it's not going to go down as a classic for me.

Fucking right. The game is such a breath of fresh air and I'll be damned if people pass it up. Even the first NieR is good.

*Platinum's B team's gameplay

This is not Bayonetta, TW101, or even Anarchy Reigns level gameplay. It's closer to MGR, but less depth and style than that. Korra ish levels.

Should I buy this fucking game u shitty shills?

Seeing as how you most likely haven't played the first one

no. You fucking faggot

>nier 1
>implying I'll ever play meme games with shite gameplay
Stay cucked kid

A tarofag will shill his developer's game for ages.
But it's an alright game, so you already know the answer you'll get in these threads.

That said, the game is pretty unique in some ways, and it's one you shouldn't miss out on this year including BOTW, this, and Persona 5.

>THUG 1

good taste

I am really chap and never buy a game at lunch, but I decided to do it with Nier.

I hava already played it for 57 hours and I can see myself playing it more. One of the greatest game I have played since Demons Souls

>implying I'll ever play meme games with shite gameplay
>wants to play Automata

If you like Metroid so much, you should appreciate good gameplay and level design.
Nier Automata has neither

I got about 22 hours out of it, completing ending E, and will probably put it down because the combat is really simplistic.
It's alright, but probably wait for a sale.

PC or PS4?

People are sucked up by Taro throwing in a bunch of basic philosophy 101 existential tropes in the game, which makes them think the game is deep.

what the FUCK are you thinking with such a bad taste

fucking hell, Trump should ban this kind of stuff

Yes, nowhere near as great as those games but still really enjoyable for me

It's hard to say. No game has ever left as big of an impression on me, and as a ludonarrative experience it's probably the best I've ever played, but as far as pure vidya goes there are so many that are better.
I'd probably have to put it in my top10 of all-time.

1. NieR:Automata
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Transistor
4. Metal Gear Rising (not the best Platinum game objectively speaking but it holds a special place in my heart)
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

If you haven't played Automata yet, PLEASE do so as soon as possible.

I just started A2's route.

Can somebody tell without spoilers when's the point of no return for sidequests?
It was really uncalled on routes A and B and I missed a lot of unfinished ones with 2B.

Also does picking 9S or A2 affect the story or I can play their poits of view in any order and it's all the same?

There is no point of no return. You'll be locked out for a little bit, but there's a point where you can go back. Picking 9S or A2 doesn't matter much either, you still get to play the other character's section, and nothing changes. Also, without giving away much, at the end of the game, there is a choice in which the answer should be very obvious. Pick that answer, or else you might be locked into Ending E before you can go back for sidequests

MGR is garbage in comparison, Bayonetta is the only game that really competes in terms of combat. With MGR really though there is 0 competition. Nier even does it's parry mechanic better. MGR on revengeance equates roughly to fishing for QTEs before the enemies clusterfuck the camera and break the camera.

People who treat Automata's combat as simplistic have no clue what they're talking about. What it lacks in predetermined xxxyy combos it more than makes up for in how dynamic every single sword swing is. You can continuous combo through an evade even without the chip, and every non ranged attack in the game can be parried as well as dodged. Considering the fluidity of the animations, the only possible argument against the game's combat is the low execution requirement on dodging, which to be frank barely amounts to more than a personal gripe for people who haven't played Very Hard.

I haven't seen a single descriptive argument as to how the combat could possibly be considered worse than MGR. You're more in control, your options are less clunky, AND the game doesn't fucking half as the weapons that aren't Small Swords (looking at you, fucking tactical sai)

>Also does picking 9S or A2
No. But I think doing all of A2 first and then all of 9S first or alternate starting with A2 is better.

>Can somebody tell without spoilers when's the point of no return for sidequests?
Do you consider the objective/place of the quest a spoiler? If not then read ahead.
For A2 it;s when you have to get a book from the Anemone.
For 9S it's when you have a mission in the Flooded City.

Either way you get a chapter select after your next ending so don't sweat it.

there is none
after getting either C or D ending you get access to chapter select so no quest is missable
there are only two ways you can do goof
>fail to unlock Y ending if you don't allow Emils to self destruct in the second fight in the desert, you need to do the first fight and unlock and max out all weapons for that as well
>if you go straight from C/D to do the other one, it jumps straight to E and if you wish to delete your save which is the right thing to do you only get one chance to do that

No, NieR:A is hyped because those people never experienced a Yoko Taro game before.
If Square Enix release a remaster of NieR, they will never talk about it again.

holy fuck, nice taste OP, I love THUG2

Great, thanks

>Either way you get a chapter select after your next ending so don't sweat it.
I just don't want another Jean-Paul's Melancholy dropped before the final checkpoint at the village.
And I did it before fast travel was unlocked.

>MGR is garbage in comparison
MGR has more combat depth and spectacle than Nier:A, this is a fact. Nier A has little to no depth to its combat.

>Bayonetta is the only game that really competes in terms of combat
TW101 also puts Nier to shame.

>People who treat Automata's combat as simplistic have no clue what they're talking about.
Actually, no, we're being realistic.

>What it lacks in predetermined xxxyy combos it more than makes up for in how dynamic every single sword swing is
As with every Platinum game.

>You can continuous combo through an evade even without the chip
As with every Platinum game you idiot, this mechanic is called dodge offset and it is literally a cornerstone featured in every single Platinum game since Bayonetta 1 (barring Vanquish of course).

>and every non ranged attack in the game can be parried as well as dodged
As
With
Every
Platinum
Game

>When Nier Automata fanboys try to say Nier A is one of the deepest Platinum games because it has all the mechanics that are featured in every platinum game

>Never played THUG games
>THPS2 is one of my fav games of all time.

I feel like I missed the boat on the THUG games
Nier:A is amazing though

So I pussied out of Ending [E] because I wasn't at 100% completion, had like 13 side quests and a bunch of weapon to fully upgrade, but now I feel like a little bitch, I was so fucking thankful for all those guys helping me, but I'm not willing to do the same.

So can I re-do that part after I get everything? I didn't know the game would throw me at such a decision right after finishing ending [C] (I did [D] before)

>MGR
>Combat depth
MGR was literally trash which was only redeemed by meme cutscenes. The combat was somehow more shallow than a shitty DMC game and was the worst feeling I've played in a video game. God of fucking War had deeper combat than MGR.

>I pussied out of Ending E
no you didnt, you don't need to do that to get ending E

You are one delusional motherfucker. By the way, nice goalpost moving.

Shut up, worst girl.

This, I don't remember MGR having complex fights, maybe if you're going for high scores or the such.

It was pretty much keep countering if you see red, do that full dodge if you see yellow.

>(I did [D] before)
you idiot how come you haven't seen that coming that after both major endings a game might throw you into a point of no return
make a new save, finish the game to E, delete your save
repay your debts and stop being a scrub

Yes. In chapter select in Chapter 17 there's an option to go straight to the credits.

1.Crash Bandicoot 2
2.Resident Evil 4
3.Bloodborne
4.Nier Automata
5.F-Zero GX

And yet, it still has three times the combo potential that Nier Automata has

>Nier Automata only has stinger for the spear
This alone tells you how little depth each weapon has when you need to reserve stinger for fucking spears only.

While Nier you just spam dodge endlessly because there are 0 recovery frames to dodging.
What a joke. Even Bayonetta has a few recovery frames for dodging to prevent improper dodge spam.

Amanda is best girl you fucking Diana fag.
I'll blow your brains out.

I thought I had to gather all the weapons and all that jazz, like previous NieR, not that it would be all like "Let's Dance Boys!"

Talk about exaggeration. Yeesh.

Maybe in Bayo 1, but I remember Bayo 2 you can pretty much endlessly, because of the butterfly dodge.

I don't own a X360 and the wiiU and PS3 version of Bayo 1 sucks ass

Idiots
youtube.com/watch?v=zbMzPgEHTJ4

Just because you played MGR on easy and mashed X does not mean Nier has more depth than it.

I think MGR is (was, now) Platinum's most overrated game since it has a lot less depth than Bayonetta, but it still has more depth than Nier.

Should I buy Nier Automata or Persona 5? Or should I wait until Yooka Lailee?

Nier

You can't
Even using butterfly dodge for 2/1 there are still recovery frames to it at the end of your dodges.

It's like ninja flipping in Dark Souls, where you get a different animation and it reduces the recovery frames, but they still exist.

I wanted to play a fresh playthrough on hard after I got ending E but I think I'll just put the game down and come back to it in a couple months or a year so I don't get burned out halfway through

Does Nier have infinite invincibility frames? I can see endlessly dodging melee attacks, but doesn't ranged attacks not trigger the dodge?

The non heavy balls (the darker ones that can't be shot) go through i-frames.
You can spam it through the lighter balls and stuff like missiles though, since they don't go through i-frames.
However, if you get the time slowdown chip ranged attacks are never a threat.

Nah, Automata is hyped because like all other Taro games it's more than the sum of its parts, except unlike games like Drakengard those parts aren't all garbage. People would only care about a Nier remaster if the gameplay were as tight as Automata, otherwise there would be no reason to remake the game.

>MUH stinger
This isn't even an argument. All you've managed to do is complain that Nier DIDN'T copy paste a move onto every single one of its weapons
>combo potential
I think what you meant to type was "fishing for a button prompt before the enemies bug out the camera and break the parry mechanic" (which by the way Automata features in a much more reliable implementation)

The only platinum game Automata is even remotely comparable with is Bayonetta. There has not been a single descriptive argument posted once on this board that justifies calling MGR's combat better, only posts complaining that it doesn't feel as trash to play as MGR.

MGR includes a wider moveset, less dial a combo crap than Nier, enemies stay closer to you so you're more free to juggle them, stinger to close distance when you knock an enemy away, animation cancels etc.

In terms of Platinum's combat, it goes

Bayonetta 1 > Bayonetta 2 > TW101 > Anarchy Reigns > MGR > Transformers > Nier Automata > Korra > TMNT

Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic but what you're describing is pure autism.

Once the main 5 endings have been achieved, side quests completed and joke endings if you care about them there is no reason to keep playing.

Replaying from start to finish on an higher difficulty is understandable but just running around the map with no goal is autistic.

1. Persona 5/MGS 2
2. Bloodborne
3. Hotline Miami
4. NieR: Automata
5. Nocturne

>Bayonetta 1 > Bayonetta 2 > TW101

It's a shame these games have so much flow breaking crap like QTE fights and shmup sections. Nier has shmup sections too but at least they space it out enough that it doesn't feel like you're constantly switching from fighting to doing a QTE to some other genre shift.

I wanted to replay W101 but every level was 'that one level' where there's something that just turns me off of playing it again.

Wow your top 5 is almost entirely games release in the last year, surely your opinion is trustworthy.

Kamiya has a hard on for those things.
The only real gameplay distractions in Bayo 2 are when you play as Aesir / the star fox segment, which is a pretty good segment.

But Kamiya doesn't let it go.
I still really wish I could have seen what he had planned for Scalebound

It was an instant cult classic. I actually feel really sad for the people who cannot recognise the immense qualities of this game. I already know I'll keep on coming back many times in the years and decades to come, just as I've done with other titles such as Riven: The Sequel to Myst, Okami, BioShock 1 or Prince of Persia: Sands of Time just to mention a few.

Nier is already gonna game of tge tear for me

Fuck
What do i play now

You play the waiting game for quite a while because no game will be able to come even close to NieR: Automata's greatness for at least a few years.

>1. NieR:Automata
>2. Metal Gear Solid 3

personally I plan to play Yakuza 0
but I'm afraid that I will fail to enjoy games in the same way as I did before Automata

Delete your save file and play through it again

Guys, I need some help with Emil's shop, i only need the upgrade items I believe he has and the weapons he's selling to complete the rest of the game. Should I reload a save until he appears, maybe go back and forth so that the map reloads with him in front of the camp? I'm really lost on getting him on the right spawn.

Well I didn't state it but it is on a second save.
And I am redoing everything but I have bouts where I do just run around the map beating stuff up.

>Nier
pic unrelated?

I just call it farming for chips and materials so it doesn't sound like a waste of time

>tfw had to delete my save file for ending E but I want to keep playing

>realize it's for the best as overplaying games makes me resent them in the long run and I should just cherish the memories I've already made.

Didn't like it nearly as much as the first NieR. The cast was just so unlikable and the game did an absolutely terrible job at getting me to care about any of them, especially the protagonists. I need a reason to care and NieR did that and more, the way Automata is written it feels like Taro just expected me to care because they were the protagonists and I should care because reasons.

Good game, nowhere as memorable as the first game for me.

I'm so disappointed that scalebound got canceled, I wasn't exactly hyped about it but it looked like it had potential

exactly
plus it makes perfect sense and is in the spirit of E

THIS.

I was starting to like A2 but she has no screen time because muh angry 9Shit.
Also, Pascal should have been in the team, he was the best.

It's probably in my top 5 too. I can't really remember the last game I enjoyed as much or put as many hours into. I'm actually going to try to 100% it. Something I haven't done since the Nintendo 64 days.

What level were yall when you beat Emil anons? I tried taking him on at level 85 and got my shit pushed in. Am I just shit?

The endings were contrived nonsense. I like the 2B/9S twist, but the climactic battle only happens because A2 can't be arsed to explain that it wasn't her fault that 2B died.

Then the machine network fights with 9S and waits until his dying breath to explain what the Ark is because... reasons.

When was 2B even infected?

which fight?
I got him second time on level 82 on normal, first fight
second one is easier because it takes place in open space, but I died there too just the get Y ending

Hahahaha. Inverse kinematics to the max.
Controlling the robot units, especially - their legs do some funky shit.

It is unlikely that 9S would care about any explanation A2 could provide
it didn't really matter that 2B was infected, he wanted to at least die along her, in her arms, not have her killed by third party
though a scene in which Pod 153 shows him a recording of 2B asking A2 to be killed would be good to see from the point of 9S' character development

I had another funny leg thing happen where she was almost kneeling. Didn't get a screenshot unfortunately.

It feels like you're only supposed to care as much as you want to care

I pitied the machines sometimes because the protagonists would suggest attacking them even though they weren't provoked. I would go as far as to say you're playing as the bad guys but characters are really trigger happy and sometimes willfully ignorant. Like early on in the game they say machines they say machines don't understand what they're saying when that wasn't the case.

>When was 2B even infected?
probably during that fight when she and the other yorha units got hit by an EMP

>playing through it
>realize im close to the ending
>think to myself "ill never play this game for the first time ever again"

1. Thief 2
2. Dark Souls
3. Silent Hill 2
4. Unreal Tournament 99
5. Doom1/2

>tfw no money for Nier but really want it.

Maybe not at the point of that final fight, but A2 had plenty of opportunities to explain before he went balls2wall insane. It's definitely a copout.

Looking back, the story/endings were pretty weak in comparison to NieR 1. Luckily it's saving grace were it's powerful music, themes, and fun gameplay.

I felt like aside from all the humans being dead there was another big twist in the works but it never came.

Anyone else?

>All time.
Not me, boyo. I've played a shitload of really good games and I don't think Neir deserves to knock any of them outside of my current top 5. It might have a chance at knocking out one of my top 10 if I re-play a few of them with Neir fresh on my mind.

Glad you liked it that much though. You and the agreement of a lot of thread is pretty indicative of its quality. At least you're not like the rest of the mouth breathing dorks that overhype it to the point that they claim it changed their lives and worldviews because of the signature taro save file gimmick and predictable tragedy.