Other thread died

Other thread died.

Complain about the terrible experience you're having with the quake champions beta.

That is if you're lucky enough to have tried the game to begin with.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EsqX00itW38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm having the terrible experience of not getting my fucking key from signing up day one.

I got into it. It's okay but I'd still rather play QL to be honest. The 1 second delay with the rocket launcher is really annoying and doing extra damage when zooming with railgun is retarded.

Is it technically still an arena shooter if it has skills at the start?

QUEUE POSITION: YOU HAVE TAKEN THE LEAD.

I love how anarki is simultaneously the worst/best character.

No, asymmetrical stats/traits make it not an arena shooter

is this game better than the new Unreal thats in the works right now? I hope its not a hollow shell of what quake use to be that has been streamlined and casualized to appease the normies.

You will be able to disable all that shit later on though. Like a classic mode or something.

Apparently

Is there still HUMILIATION or did they decide it too 'toxic' for playerbase?

i think something is wrong with nyx's hitbox anyone else having issues with just her?

Why did they have to do quake 3? Why not the original quake or quake 2?

Game Launches, keeps loading and hogging up the CPU, Graphics Card and RAM.

It doesn't matter because anything they would do would be bad. Good luck trying to please a loyal fanbase that has been playing the same games for almost 2 centuries.

You tellin' me the beta is up, but QC still can't keep a thread open on Sup Forums? This game is fucked.

Actually now there is a system similar to the glory kill feature from DOOM. You can now bend your victim in half and impale his/her asshole/exhaust port with a hyper robotic spear-tipped cock all while the announcer is screaming "HUMILIATION" while you gain HP and armor for each thrust. Just new innovation from Carmack's team.

>oh a queue
>this should be fast, some log in stuff, after all it's just a shooter

if it was straight q3 it would be more fun

>A quake game doesn't use the lattest engine of Idsoftware.

What a shame.

GIB KEY please

>closed beta
>amount of keys is literally under your direct control
>ALL SERVERS ARE FULL. YOUR PLACE IN LINE: 1377

ball status: dropped

wat

I played it earlier it was absolutely destroying my GPU and RAM, I downloaded the latest nvidia driver and forced Vsync through the command pannel.

Now it's my CPU that's being capped at 100% despite the fact that it wasn't even using 50% during the first try.

What the fuck even.

It's not a public open beta, it's a closed beta to stress test the servers and shit. More servers are coming up and the like over the next few days supposedly.

That aside, from what's been leaked or casually stated, game sounds like it's not ready for the public considering the retarded design choices. No idea how some of this stuff got past QA or pro's didn't mention it to them. Really needs more internal testing from the old professional players.

>using vsync

just cap the fps dummy

Game runs like shit, takes forever to load on an SSD, abilities are broken garbage that don't belong, game plays like a cheap quake ripoff
Spent hours trying to get in, now I have to restart to apply settings
You're not missing anything worthwhile

So, is it at least gore-ish?

>the beta doesn't have classic mode
FUCK

less gore than vq3

What specifically is off about the gameplay? How do the class-specific skills work?

all servers are full
in queue position 1553

waited for about 45 minutes in queue, about to hop in, hopefully..

client error incoming

How do I install on an external?

Characters have different stats like speed health and armor, on top of that you have one ability that recharges every minute or so.

There's pickup that reduce the recharge time by like 5 seconds.

Honestly don't know what the abilities are though.

pls explain

Is the game actually bad. Who wants go to texas with me and take a shit on tim willits's desk?

you will see yourself soon

it's okay

the game is great

This queue will take ages. I hate when they make the beta a few days and then there's a queue. Atleast make it a continous beta or one or two weeks.

it's too laggy to even play.

the character voice overs are cringy as fuck, but at least you can turn them off.

wait, this game has its own client? fucking lovely..
this is like the fifth game client im installing..

instead of waiting in queue play something good

It's pretty fun. As is it's still better than most of the trash that's been coming out over the past few years, I'll probably only play classic mode in the full release though.

ahahahs

they patched the queue system around two, are people still getting client errors?

Is it in an arena? Are you shooting? Then it's an arena shooter.

pic unrelated i suppose

yes

Played for a couple hours, even the clusterfuck of a big deathmatch is very fun.

Jury is out on the abilities, but I've not had much of a problem with them outside of being shoulder charged by this cunt after getting them down to 20% hp.

Mine doesn't even boot anymore, just endless black screen.

Arena shooter doesn't even have a real definition. I've seen people here claim Unreal Tournament isn't an arena shooter.

Even if it boots it's just endlessly staring at a queue.

Proposal: download rivatuner so you can limit the queue to 10fps

I've seen folks call Halo an arena shooter and I'm pretty skeptical about that.

>wait half an hour
>client error

Yeah, that's bullshit

anyone want to buy my key for $10

There is.

>On 100% fan on my 1070 it hits 60C
>95% of memory taken up on 8 gigs
>Game crashes in first 4 min of playing
>Lag spikes
And half my issues is on just the queue line. Best beta of 2017.

>there's a Profile Portrait featuring D44Mguy

It's happening.

>Most of the people who shit on this game probably haven't even played it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EsqX00itW38

>expecting the beta to not have issues

Wanna know how I know you're under 16 years of age?

Nyx is cute, hot, and has a nice butt.

yeah, same fucking shit

I like it but I never found matches that weren't filled with bots.

It's just a real beta instead of the fake betas that Ubishit does, where you're essentially playing the final version of the game just a month early.

My personal experience, not a review:
>3 minute start up that makes Killing Floor 2 look normal
>100% cpu, 100% ram, 100% gpu, 100% vram
>OH FUCK PC IS ON FIRE
>roasting for 30 minutes
>realize driver vsync doesn't work, fps limiter does
>morning hours wasted on queue not moving
>oh shit queue is moving
>freezes at #25
>repeat for several hours
>hear that servers got fixed
>long final queue but got in at last
>fiddle with options and menus
>QL: pages of gameplay customization
>QC: none
>oh well it's just beta, no big deal
>defaulted to high graphics preset
>okay cool
>no server browser, just matchmaking
>okay fine
>spawn, freeze, stutter
>see enemies, freeze, stutter
>see weapon pickup, run to it
>freeze, stutter, get blown up
>repeat until 0-6
>finally find a weapon
>stumble on number keys because there's no auto switch
>use mouse wheel like a retard
>die before weapon comes out
>finally get rocket launcher
>4-10
>repeat for two matches

as if bethidsda are any strangers to that with their nuoom "beta"

It's alright. Very generic visually and there arent any interesting weapons.

>Pay 10$ to sit in a queue

You mean Toxikk is the game to play while in queue for another game

Guess I'd rather play diabotical when it comes out, to be fair it looks way more fun.

At the start of a match my game stutters like a bitch. Lasts about 2 or 3 minutes

>wait 1500 spots in queue
>ClientError
>back in queue
>1700
Wew, lad

I installed the game last night and haven't tried it out yet

Sounds like I haven't missed much with all these issues

That was more like a marketing beta considering how hard they backtracked on only forcing the shit multiplayer after everybody hated it.

Absolutely fucking this.
What kind of dogshit company doesn't invite by the order of beta sign up? Most of my friends wouldn't even know this game existed unless I told them about it, and yet they all got keys and I didn't.

tough titty

Hope the beta comes soon

should've signed up multiple times gaywad, you probably would've had better chances signing up last night that day one

I signed up with 2 emails.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you'd also be wasting all morning and afternoon waiting in queue and fucking up your hardware

specs?

>play
playing 20 min ago 35
24-hour peak

I'm glad the stuttering at the start of a match isn't just me

NGH2-6Y6R-U84D-8MEB-A74H

So I was able to play over 10 games and so far the game is pretty good.

It definitely feels and plays like Quake even with the abilities. There are a few questionable abilities such as the ones that heal, a shield and damage reduction but for the most part they are all very fun to use and a lot of them have an element of skill to them such as tele-fragging with Ranger.

The abilities are more like ultimate abilities with long cooldowns and you can decrease the cooldown through hourglass pickups.

Everyone also has a passive movement skill of some sort whether it be wall jumping, strafe jumping, bunny hopping or sliding.

For those complaining about the models of the guns they have the original quake weapons as alternative customization options and they have the Quake 4 models as well.

That's good to hear about the gun models, but I still feel like every single one of the default models looks like a bunch of pvc pipes glued together and painted a different color.

Have to get lucky to get those weapon models though

I'm running and i7 920, gtx 970 and i'm getting pretty bad stuttering on almost all the maps.
The one with the big eyeball isn't so bad for whatever reason.

How do you telefrag with Ranger's orb if it explodes on impact?

I do too on a 1070, 6700K, it's the servers not you.

I noticed that some of the players were lagging like hell I figured it was people across the ocean since the game connects you to a "global server"

Is there an options menu? All I see is the queue

that's because all you hardcore gaymers play Fallout Shelter, Paladins, DOTA and CS:GO instead of normal games.