Is it ok if I skip DQ2? I played DQ (sfc version) and I really enjoyed, felt really unique and it is a very iconic game...

Is it ok if I skip DQ2? I played DQ (sfc version) and I really enjoyed, felt really unique and it is a very iconic game, now months later I'm finding myself using fast forward while playing DQ2 which is something I never do in any game since it kind of takes you from the experience, and a DQ game using fast forward feels really cheap.

Should I move on to 3? I'm trying to play them in order, I played Monsters on GBC as a kid and recently played the first game on the emulator.

DQ thread.

2 is bullshit with the crests
Do whatever you want but if you beat 2 you will feel amazing because nothing else comes close to it in the entire DQ series

2 is only playable in the mobile remake as far as I'm concerned because they actually made the invisible items visible.

you don't really need to skip dq2, but know what you're getting into. its like dq1 but huuuuge.
look up the crests locations. they're key items but abnormally hard to find.

know that once you get the boat, monsters are a bit too strong so you might as well grind for awhile until you can go anywhere.
the final dungeon is very difficult.

in the translated snes version, your second party member can crash the game later at beran inn if his name is too long.
the game has a rename feature at the title screen.

like yeah dq3 is fucking great, but if you're going to run through every game, you might as well go through dq2 once.
i ran through the games on the wii without using speedup, but i did use savestates so could quit whenever.

2 becomes an open world game once you get the boat
I really like it but it is hard as balls.

Literally every mainline DQ game is worth playing. Some aren't as good as others, but they're all good.

Play the phone version if you play DQ2, though.

Its ok to skip all DQ games. Overrated, boring games.

>suggesting phone versions

Neck yourselves scum

Phone version of 4 is literally objectively the only one worth playing since it's the only one with Party Chat.
Phone version of 2 is also the only one that's playable without using guides because the crests aren't bullshit invisible pickups in random corners of dungeons.

I consider 2 pretty underrated
that said you can skip it, it takes place last of the three so you won't miss out on too much in 3
3 is also one of the best in the series and you should play it asap

The best version of 4 is the PS1 one period.
There is a fucking item in 2 that helps you find the crests you casual.
Fuck the NES manual told you were they were

>the best version is the untranslated version
Get cancer and die you Sup Forumsutist.

Wow, you're so cool and edgy.

is on point, but those are the only ones I'd recommend for phone. Maybe 1 and 2 aswell if you want to play them "legit"

just skip the whole series, you already played the best entry

DQ2 is the hardest game of the DQ series because of those hidden bullshit from the overworld, I actually never managed to finish the game but you should still try to play it.

>implying Sup Forums knows japanese.

If you're gonna skip 2, you might as well skip 3 and just move onto the Zenitia trilogy. They're some of the best games DQ has to offer, especially DQV.

Still mad mods didn't merge /jp/, Sup Forums and Sup Forums into /jav/

We should have a JAV board anyway.

And kill the only topic of discussion other than anime girls in hats on /jp/?
Come on that board is already dead enough

I mean, if I had it my way every board would be /d/.

Oh well, I'll give DQ2 another chance, thanks everyone.
My main issue with the game is that it doesnt feel as much of a novelty as the first one did to me and also, it doesnt feel as hard and dangerous (so far).

In the first game I had to be very careful and keep medical herbs with me and carefuly explore the terrain so I wouldnt get 1 shot by some random Chimera, in DQ2 it feels much easier so far and its kind of boring for some reason? I think I like the ''roguelike'' aspect of the first game more.

At what point does it get hard and better?

>At what point does it get hard and better?
Near the end.

its the hardest game in the series
1-when you first get the boat
2-rhone

Do you even have all 3 party members yet

The series only gets easier from here so you might as well stop and go play shiren or something

Alright, I'll play the game for a bit more and see if I start to enjoy it more, I'm not too far either so maybe I'm just jumping the gun here.
What is your personal DQ game? I've heard V is great and VIII too so I may play one of those if I get annoyed from playing 2.

DQ is pretty comfy and I love the fantasy style it has but I dont have much time right now and I'd rather get onto the good stuff quickly rather than making my way through all the games.

If you come for comfy-ness DQ is your series, Im just telling you if you expect difficulty you wont find any outside some bosses in the latter games.
Personally 4 is my favorite, best story, antagonist and characters in my opinion.
If you dont have time for games just play something else and come back when you have more time, this series is enjoyed more when you can relax.

sounds like good advice, thanks user.

i love 3 and 8

7 is the only one i haven't played yet due to the time investment required

Is DQ2 tge one wgere every 3 steps theres a battle? Shit got old when you just spam a every other minute

this

So people have been saying that the Switch game is getting a patch but that Tecmo was blocking people asking about it.