GTA IV Thread

Comfy Thread
We gonna discuss and post everything about IV.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3zGwKoHNl8k&index=3&list=PL9E5B00B10EE71A1C
youtu.be/Vhn8CgnovpI
youtube.com/watch?v=BHyAyn2mc14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Driving is absolute shit
>Very limited weapons
>Tried to be realistic than the fun arcade like of san andreas and vice city
>TV feels like a last minute idea
>Not as funny as the earlier games
>City is not that interesting and tries too hard to be bleak and depressing
Game is shit m8

it's actually funnier than the previous games. fewer jokes, but better written

What graphics mods are Sup Forums approved? iCEnhancer? I tried asking on /vg/ once, but they threw a massive tantrum like the autists they are

agree on all but it's good that it's not trying to be too funny, GTA V fucked it up with that constant fucking parody of every thing in existence

Well 50 good, 50'bad.

Well points for trying to be realistic, though I did missed the arcade and whacky fun of the previous gta

This

I agree but in some parts, it was still a funny game.

I disagree, the cities except Alderney were great and interesting but sometimes it was too bleak, no problems with being depressing though.

Game was average good friend.
Say 7/10

GTAV is constant edge, every character has bizzare motives and constantly has to start shit so that the plot can continue, The whole thing feels so stupidly inhuman.

And the other games weren't trying to be over the top?

I just love the overworld so much. It really feels like new york, rustic and kind of drab but strangely warm and comfy at the same time. I love walking around the parks, it's crazy how detailed every street is. And I love the small details, like that crazy preacher out of your bohan safehouse.

And the mechanics are just so satisfying, driving is heavy and weighty while the gunplay has a lot of oomph. When you go into a building and start shooting it really feels like you're getting in some shit. Some of my favorite missions are the ones where you and Packie go to some area and just shoot everyone to take their stuff

SHAKE DOWN NINETY SEVENTY NINE

ZOMBIE OH ZOMBIE

No, it's by far the best in the series. Literally the most fun you can have driving a car a in a game.
>Very limited weapons
Ok I guess.
Not an argument. For many people this is what makes it better, that it's realistic and not memeshit like SA. VC is a good mix of both, and that's why it's the best GTA game. But IV is still arcade and fun, just more serious and without niggershit.
Ok I guess, kinda irrelevant if you ask me
As I said before, it's less memeshit. It's still plenty of fun, and dialogues are better written, it's just not made for 13 year olds.
The bleak and depressing look is what makes it good, especially compared to the shit color palette of SA. As for interesting, guess that's subjective, I don't find anything interesting in SA.

You forget Nico is the best GTA protag, it was a GIGANTIC leap in TECHNOLOGY and graphics, characters are just godtier, main story is great, everything is great. Ragdoll is a masterpiece.
I spent more time jumping of helicopters and cars than I did playing San Andreas.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zGwKoHNl8k&index=3&list=PL9E5B00B10EE71A1C

God you nailed this on the head, I'd argue that IV is better than VC but they're pretty different.
Reddit gold for this post

>where you and Packie go to some area and just shoot everyone to take their stuff

Diamonds in rough, the mission is called.

Yeah me too and my favorites missions are also:

Blown Your Cover
Museum Piece
Three Leafs (bank robbery)
Hostile Negonations

God-tier ragdolls in 4

this game is so comfy, it's one of the games where i actually like the pissfilter
the journey and liberty rock radio were the best radio stations, and radio broker was also bretty gud

cheeki breeki, Ivan

Favorite song from the game.

Hostile Negogiation is so intense. Going to save Roman and seeing all those Russians mock you, as you have to shoot your way through the warehouse, and Niko yells crazy shit

Jacob best support character of all time

> WAGWAAN NIKO

oh fuck i remember that now
that shit was good

?????

Hove Beach is fucking comfy and you can tell a lot of work was put into it due to how almost all of the attractions of the first island are in Hove Beach

It was an atmospheric neighborhood. Algonquin had the flashy big city appeal and some of the best levels like the museum, bank and the Majestic hotel level, which is possibly my favorite, as well as the best safehouse(s)

I felt the rest of the city was sort of too bleak, grey and empty though, most stuff was centered in those two places, Bohan gets plus points for having the Triangle Club

2008 > 2017

My favourites are:
>killing the union bosses at the construction site
>Lure
>Final Interview
>Tunnel of Death
>The date with French Tom
>The hotel hit

>>Driving is absolute shit
>permanent drift mode
>shit

I've had more fun driving in GTA IV than in any other GTA game, by far.

What was the best station and why was it Radio Broker

Best songs?

youtu.be/Vhn8CgnovpI

>Diamonds in rough
>Blown Your Cover
>Three Leafs
>Hostile Negonations
Your English is garbage, yokel.

I don't get why people say IV isn't funny. Niko's dry attitude is often hilarious, especially when he's talking to ridiculous characters like Brucie.

In that one mission where you go on the gay date, the guy says "are you my date? thank god. you never know who you're to run into online". And niko says "Yeah, any creep can use the internet. You have to be careful". Then you shoot him. I thought that was the funniest thing.

AND WEEEEEEEEEEE DONT EVEN CARE

I thought it was realistic, but I can understand preferring the arcade-like driving of V or its predecessors.
>Very limited weapons
This was my biggest complaint. TBoGT fixed that sort of but I still don't see why we can't get another flamethrower.
But I liked the realism. It really helped the immersion.
It hasn't aged too well, though the Piswasser commercial never gets old to me. And it wasn't last minute, TV uses some of the earliest footage of the game.
I thought it was a good balance of seriousness and parody. Nothing over the top like le trevor from V.
Its the most immersive city, and you can climb fire escapes and jump to buildings. Of course, everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion.

I love the GTA games, but I also loved the first Saints Row when it came out, and when GTA IV and SR2 both came out around the same time, I was excited that these two great series were splitting off into different direction, with Saints Row going the wacky, over the top route and Grand Theft Auto taking more a serious approach. I was perfectly fine with Saints Row being the silly open world crime series and GTA being the one that explores crime in a more subtle, but still humorous, way. There was actual nuance and thought put into the worldbuilding for GTA IV, and I was seriously disappointed when V dropped all of that. I think Saints Row actually found a real groove in SR4 after the misstep that was 3, but that's a discussion for another thread.

>piloting actually took skill instead of auto hovering
>tfw in multiplayer with friends and I was always the pilot
>tfw could fly between the tracks and street while chasing people in cars/bikes on the little bird and still land 70% of my shots with the mini guns
>tfw I'll never organise a bombing run with the little birds Shitty rockets down a street covering a friends escape in free roam

>reinstall GTA 4 after new pc
>still silky smooth 30 fps

the TV was lame for the most part, but the las venturas poker challenge was comedy gold. it was hilarious to hear the hosts trying to hype it up to sound super exciting when it was just a poker game

You are garbage, peasant.
Those are the names of the missions, puta

>Diamonds in rough
Diamons in the Rough
>Blown Your Cover
Blow Your Cover
>Three Leafs
Three Leaf Clover
>Hostile Negonations
Hostile Negotiations
Those are the real names for the missions, now compare them to the pidgin garbage that you typed out.

my favorite was history of liberty city

>2008
>be 12 or 13
>gta 4 is the funnest game to ever grace my life
>xbox 360 on a fucking CRT
>sit there for hours fucking around with the physics
>jumping out of cars at high speed
>jumping out of helis with the hopes of surviving
>pushing people down stairs
>spawning bikes on rooftops and wheelieng them off
>swing glitchin
>playing through the fun as fuck story multiple times
>smashing up cars to see how fucked up I could make them
>tons of other genuinely fun shit that was possible in this game

Why was this game so fucking good? The physics were just amazing and fun as fuck. Not so far as to being silly but enough to still feel realistic but still fun. The story was perfectly hit the mark of being serious but still not taking itself too seriously.

GTA V ruined so much. They completely gutted the awesome physics and the story basically boiled down to >were these ebin banks robbers and were just gonna rob banks cus we want money >also lets just kill johnny off instantly for no reason top cuck lads haha

Niko best protag. GTA 4 best GTA.

diamonds*

The republican space rangers and princess robot bubblegum ones were okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=BHyAyn2mc14
What's his name again?

>best song in the game
>always the first song you hear when starting a new game
love it, really set the tone

>that Soviet hat you get at the first store in the game

Niko "Six Million More" Bellic

My only problem with this game is that the friend activities sucked. Bowling, darts and pool were all garbage.

Bowling wasn't a lot of fun, and darts is way too easy, but pool will always be a 10/10 GTA minigame.

"I'm Rich" was pretty on point as well, if only for how painfully accurate it was.

>the grand theft auto series will never have another swingset glitch
shit was so fun to do with friends. would even bring random people over and bond over everyone cramming into a bus and seeing how far we can fling it

Niko "remove heebab" Bellic

One thing I really fucking hated about V
is how every fucking cop is basically Robo-Cop.
IV had some of the best police shootouts.

Someones gotta post crowbcats video

Niko "Liberty City Shoah" Bellic

Anyone else think Alderney was boring? It was just grey and brown with less places and stuff than the other poorer places like Bohan and Hove Beach

The area where Jimmy Pegorino lived was pretty nice but other than that there was not much memorable stuff there, apart from the Strip Club the only actual interior in that island was probably the hospital and the run-down safehouse they give you

Half of it should've been more nice suburbs or countryside or something

That part of the game also kind of made the story arc anti-climactic in a way, how you rise up the ranks in Hove Beach and Bohan to the penthouses, bank robberies, diamond deals and big-time assassinations in the big city Algonquin to getting a shitty apartment and doing mafia dirty work again

The endgame was climactic as hell though, but that last third before it was probably the least memorable

>tfw no pool in gta v
Why did they do this
And i need to drive to the fucking deserts to play darts

Because GTA V's single player was an afterthought tacked onto the Online game.

Driving around was fun in 5 and I'm sure there are mods to allow pool in single player.

Keep crying faggot

Also it is diamonds, not diamons.
Cry more, yokel.

With the hammer and sickle, and the red
Soviet star.

Alderney was pretty boring. It needed more comfy suburbs. And more intense industrial areas. Instead we got meh versions of both.

IMO they could have not done Alderney and spent more time on interiors on the other areas

Yeah

They had those two industrial islands between the main cities as well that were basically completely unused save for 1-2 missions, they could've not made them such small little places and used that space for a larger industrial area in Alderney

Having a part of that island be a more open, less populated area with some green wouldn't have hurt either, it would've been a refreshing change since we had Hove Beach and Bohan as poor-ish urban neighborhoods already, of which Alderney was kind of a more boring version of

Honestly if the stuff and missions that came in TBOGT was in the main game it would've been easily the best one in the series

see
Nobody is crying but you. This is why Sup Forums needs flags.

Why was this game so brown again?

Stop crying, fucking yokel.

Pretty much me but for Vice City when it came out

I disagree 100%. I loved the driving. Then again this was my first GTA.
>Very limited weapons
I guess, but I thought the weapons were fine; it was a solid balance.
I don't really care about that. I thought it was great, and for some reason the engine in IV was better than V despite looking older.
>watching TV in a video game when it is not plot related
I think this depends on your sense of humor. I liked the humor. It felt realistic and not forced.
Well this game takes place a bit after the housing crisis, so it's supposed to have an atmosphere of doubt and hunting the dollar. Have you been to NYC in the fall? I thought the way LC looked was very similar to NYC, in addition to the fact that the color scheme was spot on for how NYC looks in the fall. A lot of grey, a lot of brown.

Because NYC is very brown and grey.

Yeah but games are supposed to be fun and an escape from shit reality

I mean you can't diverge that much from the source material. What do you want to make New York a tropical paradise?

New York is actually interesting as a city. LA is basically a non-city, just low level urban sprawl everywhere in all directions and even then GTA 5 was shit at displaying it.

You are stupid.

You don't know shit you peasant. I shit on your cousin.

To me the whole game just feels more realistic than GTAV. Not in the graphical department, although mods can help with that a bit, but the whole city seems more full of life than Los Santos.
The NPCs act more realistically and appear to have their own lives, sometimes I just stand around and watch what they do; get into fights, chat on the phone, walk into traffic, cause accidents, lots of little stories unfolding without your intervention. It's nice that if you're standing near someone they don't automatically pick a fight with you as with V. The stuff on the radio and TV seems better too.

Turn the contrast up by a lot in the settings

it might have been insane shit meant for the people who liked breaking bad and walking dead, but at least the driving is fun and the online play is decent

quads of truth, its a well designed game that will likely stand the test of time and keep being fun and endlessly replayable for decades