Is this any good?

I was watching some videos and it looks kinda fun, but ridiculously easy, the game seems to hold your hand practically everytime. Is it good at least? how's the level design, soundtrack and challenges? How does it compare to the great platformers?

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343573
youtube.com/watch?v=RywwDHKWVLk
youtube.com/watch?v=aVl89DJu1Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3Tf40ZqWk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not as good as Kirby's Epic Yarn or Wario Land Shake it, but it's still a really solid game. It's definitely not ridiculously easy though.

It's almost exactly like kirby's epic yarn; full blown casual, borderline unplayable cause it's literally impossible to die most of the time.
It's easily the worst 2d platformer on the wiiu and with the only competition being trash like nsmbu and dktf that's a pretty embarrassing title.

>ridiculously easy

There are difficult levels, but it subscribes to Nintendo Level Design 101 which teaches that the hard levels are ones you have to go out of your way to reach. In this case, it's New Mario/Yoshi/Kirby-style "EX Levels" which you can only reach by collecting all flowers in the main stages.

Tropical Freeze is trash? Some people regard it as the best platformer ever made...

It's a good game to play with female friends

Those people are trash and have trash opinions.
It's litterally just a reskinned 2d super mario bros with dk's smash moveset. It's easy as all hell, plays nothing like a real DKC game, and isn't anywhere near as good a 2d platformer as any of the 2d super mario games, even the shitty wii and wiiu ones from when nintendo went full retard and decided it was a clusterfuck 4 man coop disaster of a genre.
The only game you should be playing with females is hide the dick.

It's a Nintendo platformer, so you know it's good, but what you have to ask yourself is if you can stomach yet another Nintendo platformer and Yoshi specifically. Personally, I can't stand Yoshi so the game just did nothing for me.

Just read this you fucking shit:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343573

They're completely and utterly wrong. Screwing up the partner system, minecarts, permanently and very suddenly disappearing platforms, that's three VERY LARGE, KNOWN issues to a game that needs to just become a runner instead of trying to pass as a platformer.

>read this
>neogaf
Yeah right I'm going to click on that trash, it's probably just some faggot drone praising every microscopic thing about a terrible game.
WOW LOOK THE SECOND PLATFORM IS SLIGHTLY SHORTER THAN THE LAST
10/10 DESIGN NINTENDO, YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PUSH YOUR FAN'S SKILLS TO THE LIMIT

>...that needs to just become a runner instead of trying to pass as a platformer.
Said it better than I ever could.

What's wrong with neogaf you motherfucker? Also, the analysis that the user made of the level design of that game is incredible and much better than your 3-line hate.

I think it'd actually do it a great justice, considering that the original concept called for the player's actions to follow the music (per that David Wise interview).

I'd play the DKC:TF runner on my mobile phone. I'd play the shit out of it.

The music is fucking sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=RywwDHKWVLk
youtube.com/watch?v=aVl89DJu1Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3Tf40ZqWk

Difficulty's here and there. Not as COMPLETELY hard as Yoshi's Island, but it does have tricky shit in it. It's a solid game and I really enjoyed it, desu.

it's actually the hardest yoshi game i played.

>Kirby's Epic Yarn or Wario Land Shake it,
it certainly shits on both.

Neogaf is a cesspool, heavily owned and interfered with by several massive corporations in the video game industry.
You can't trust anyone's opinions worth a grain of salt because they can just as easily (or rather likely are) a marketing post.
Only full blown retards are stupid enough to use neogaf, but it takes a special kind of retard to believe anything that's posted there with no mental filter, like you.
Not only that but the fact you think that some faggot's (possibly child, possibly marketer) opinion's matters to me, while he's praising a game that I know for a fact is a casual well-polished turd, is laughable to me.
I can make a 30 page rantpost about how great No Man's Sky is right fucking now but it won't mean SHIT, and that would be here, a place where opinions aren't all retarded, on neogaf it would mean even less shit because it implicates that I'm stupid enough to post on neogaf.

Everybody always shits on Kirby's Epic Yarn, but the fact that it was easy made it enjoyable with people who aren't that versed in gaming or platformers. Plus it's fucking cute all around.

Unlike Woolly World, which doesn't really mesh and is just a style choice.

>Unlike Woolly World, which doesn't really mesh and is just a style choice.

That makes zero fucking sense. You take Kirby, make him yarn, "HUR DUR IT MAKES SENSE" but Yoshi doesn't? You're a fucking retard.

>Neogaf is a cesspool, heavily owned and interfered with by several massive corporations in the video game industry.
>You can't trust anyone's opinions worth a grain of salt because they can just as easily (or rather likely are) a marketing post.

There's a name for what you're doing, it's "Conspiracy Theory".

You're just a retard unable to accept other's opinions, you didn't even read the thread I've sent you, if you simply read it and make some good counter-arguments, then I can respect your hate for the game, but as things stand now you just look like a pathetic little kid wanting some attention because your parents are always ignoring you for such autistic behaviors.

user you're stupid enough to browse neogaf.
Feel free to take this the wrong way but your opinions are meaningless to me and I didn't even read most of your post.
Fact is you can be banned from neogaf for nothing more than having an opinion that doesn't fit the neogaf mentality, so any opinions there are filtered and tainted.

Just idiot people are banned, they think they can post there the same way they post on Sup Forums, Neogaf is just a place that prefers a good discussion rather than a humorous one (Sup Forums's case).

On Neogaf you post serious things and expect good debates. On Sup Forums you post comedic stuff and expect some good laughs. They have different objectives and if you post on one expecting the same reactions as the other, then you'll obviously get banned.

Don't blame a site because of your own stupidity.

>Just idiot people are banned
And what defines an idiot?
Anyone who speaks up against the socio-viral norm?
That's neogaf. There's no discussion, you state your opinions and if they fit the template you get to keep them, otherwise you're banned. Talking about something everybody likes or everybody hates is just a circlejerk, and that's all that neogaf is, a viral marketing circlejerk.

Pretty easy though if you're trying to get all of the collectables it balances out a bit. Definitely worth playing though. Best Yoshi game since the original.

Playing the 3DS port, its pretty good

played this with a friend local coop recently and it's hilariously fun, highly recommended

didn't know there was a 3ds port thanks