If you could have any western IP in the hands of Japs that made a vidya adaptation what would it be?

If you could have any western IP in the hands of Japs that made a vidya adaptation what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None. They would fucking ruin it with awkward high school dating scenes and grind.

Not everything the japs make or could make isn't always pandering to the autistic weeaboo demographic.

None.
Japs cant develop shit.

That Boba Fett design alone is atrocious and disgusting.

>overdesigned generic armor
Yeah, nope. Japs should stick to making teens with giant swords.

You wouldn't even consider giving any jap company a chance? Anything is probably better than EA made nu-trilogy at this point.

>Anything is probably better than EA

nope
Japan definitely no

Fuck you nigger. There's absolutely no way you can type out Star Wars TM Battlefront TM is good without lying to yourself.

Imagine a Platinum version of Force Unleashed
My dick would be diamonds forever

Batman

Apart from the pickups and lack of content and dumb customization with helmetless stormtroopers though i barely saw any it was good.

It captured Star Wars very well.
Nippon shits couldnt even deliver this much.

>overdesigned
that word means nothing

>tfw Japs wouldn't be afraid to show gore
>Imps being impaled and crushed together
>body parts all over in Metal Gear style.
Holy fuck yes.

Enjoying Persona?

Sounds fun.

so just like The Force Unleashed 2?

or just like TFU1 minus the body parts?

Right, but with combat that isn't shit

ah yess.
more healthsponge enemies that you have to attack 50x times with a fucking lightsaber

epic meme my man!

That sounds exactly like Force Unleashed on the higher difficulties ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So Jedi Outcast with the dismemberment cheat.

Yeah only 95% of it is

>I-ITS OKAY IF JAPAN DOES IT

amazing

>play arts kai

Jesus, your developmental disorder and/or reading comprehension really needs some work.

>TFU on harder difficulties is just as shit as Platinum games on regular

you really made a great arguments for yourself kek

>I-ITS NOT OKAY IF JAPAN DOES IT

incredible

this looks like those shitty 343 halo redesigns.

Fuck off with this shit. Persona isn't the only Japanese game out there.

>platinum shitters are already in

only thing we are missing is "make one with Souls combat"

The EA games are bad but they capture the aesthetic well

Japs would just redesign everything and half ass things like sound design, we'd probably get a decent game but it wouldn't be Star Wars

It means that there's too much shit on there, that it doesn't look like anything someone in their right mind would wear.

>man I really hate good games, why can't there just be more cinematic experiences?

FromSoftware making a LOTR game, set during a really bleak time period.

>the amount of enemy health is the defining attribute of good combat
kek

>Actually wanting MUH GLORIOUS NIPPON to shit all over good games like Metal Gear, Vanquish, and Dark Souls

No thank you.

>cinematic experiences
ahh yeah

how could i forget!

Batrman games, I like the western versions already but I think the japanese woud do some cool shit with it.

>nu battlefront is a bad game but it's pretty
Irrelevant, EA Battlefront was a worse game than Battlefront 2 in every way I can think of.

>MGR is a cinematic experience
Thank you for telling me ahead of time that you're not smart enough to argue with so I don't have to waste the effort.

>QTEs in a fight is a cinematic experience
I don't even like QTEs but you're a dumbass. A cinematic experience is when there's more cutscenes than gameplay.

These are atrocious.

youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw
>mash m1 to kill metal gear
>not a cinematic experience
sure it's not as bad as shit like the order 1886 but platinum games are generally full of this shit.

>how dare you respond to my memerespond with a meme response also

yeah i am truly hurt lol

>QTE is only cinematic experience WHEN I SAY IT IS
>BUT GIVEN YOU POSTED A JAPANESE GAME IT IS DEFINITELY NOT A CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE!!!
sure buddy

>arms on wings
why?

Funny, now try posting a video of the actual full fight.

that doesn't invalidate all the qtes.

No QTEs are never a cinematic experience no matter where the game is from dumbass. It's just padding to an action scene. A cinematic experience would just be the same part without the QTE.

Jesus fuck, be at least subtle about it

Midnight Animal?

>>how dare you respond to my memerespond with a meme response also
So you admit that your objectively incorrect statement was just a meme and you were intentionally being retarded.

Is this overdesigned?

No, that looks clean as fuck, but impractical

Is The Order 1886 not a cinematic experience because it requires you to push button prompts to continue watching cutscenes?

And qtes don't invalidate all the non-qte gameplay which makes up the vast majority of the fights.
Glad we could have this talk retard.

no, my response was valid and truthful that also triggers you platinumfags
with worthy enough meme content like yours

>I'll post dank bait memes to prove I'm right!

Go back to your reddit hugbox.

>And qtes don't invalidate all the non-qte gameplay
i never said they did retard.

>my response was valid and truthful
[proof]

>It means that there's too much shit on there
And you get to be the authority on that apparently?
So if something can be simpler, it's overdesigned?
Am I getting this right?

Never played it. A cinematic experience is Uncharted 4 or MGSV.

>impractical
>too many redundant design choices
>extra aesthetics added in for good measure
>not taking into account realism or comfortability
>things that serve no purpose or make no sense thrown on to look cooler or more high tech

You're arguing on the side saying that the game is cinematic because it has qte. So, yeah, you pretty much did.

I want Naughty Dogs to make the next Final Fantasy game.

I said it wasn't as bad as most cinematic experience games but still had those elements.

don't forget anime tier plot and bad characterization

QTE doesn't make a cinematic experience.

Most anime has better writing than anything the west has made in 30 years.

Hemisphere wars are dumber than console wars.

Two games funded by japs?

bat

QTEs are everything about cinematic experience. It's the illusion of interactivity where there isn't any.

I'm not claiming to be an authority on these matters, but to me if something is overdesigned it means that there's too much shit on there. It's breaking my immersion and my suspense of disbelief. It just doesn't look practical and compared to Jango/Bobba's design it doesn't really add anything that wasn't there to begin with. If anything, it subtracts from it.

So every game with any QTE at all is a cinematic experience?

Alone in the Dark as a Japanese survival horror series instead of the disappointing shovelware it's being used for nowadays, for sure.

Find me anything made by west in past three decades that compares thematically or symbolically with Evangelion.

To a degree, some are worse than others obviously.

go kill yourself

Exactly why I said it doesn't matter where they're from. Platinum games aren't cinematic experiences though.

There's not really much in the past three decades that compares with Evangelion because the west had already done all that shit to death by the time anime finally caught up.

The Last of Us

Well good on you for being a complete fucking retard. I guess Mario Party is a cinematic experience too because it sometimes has minigames where you have to keep up and mash certain buttons on order.

>Symbolically
To be fair, they basically just threw in a bunch of religious imagery in there for the sake of it. There wasn't much cohesion between it and the occasional reference to some physological/philosophical work or theory.

It does it well.

>MGSV
>cinematic experience
All these things wrong with MGSV and you choose something retarded

Silent Hill.

Call of Duty.

Not even joking

Alright smartass, what has "muh west" made that covers the same allegories of Evangelion with equal nuance and skillful writing.

MK

That's not the same as just having a cutscene with button prompts.

God I hate Japanese games so much, so unrealistic and dumb.

Play the Last of Us if you want a real game, cinematic and realistic gameplay and a touching tale of a man protecting another man's daughter.

How so? In Mario Party 5 there's a duel game where a block drops on the player, who has to mash the button shown on the block. Then more blocks drop and the player has to keep mashing all the buttons shown. And if they go too slow, they lose. What's the difference?

Republic Commando

>They can't do FPS so it becomes a TPS with RPG elements, loot, dungeons and grinding.
>Game is organized in missions you take from your hub, not open-world.
>You have qtpie operators squadmates who all have their own routes.
>You're actually a mech pilot.
I would play it.

you're going all out my MAN

Because in that case the button mashing actually has an effect on the game instead of continuing a premade cutscene.

I know but goddamn
isn't that a bit excessive

Halo

they could return the series to glory.

Fallout.