ITT: things that trigger your autism

ITT: things that trigger your autism

>someone explaining what is the Battle Royale mode from H1Z1
>claims The Hunger Games is where the concept comes from and usses it as the prime example to compare it to
>fails to mention the original Battle Royale novel or any of its adaptations (let alone the 'battle royal' term used in wrestling)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwJPUz5md7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"____ isn't a real entry in the series"
It is by definition, because it has the officially licensed IP. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's how it is.

Holy shit, that reminds me of how Westerners stole Isekai and think they invented the genre

What the fuck are you talking about

>It's a good game just not a good X game

Not him but a lot of Drakengard Shitters do this for 2

Isn't 2 non canon?

>Resident Evil 7 isn't a real RE game
>Nier Automata isn't a real taro game
>BOTW isn't a real Zelda game
I could go on. You hear this shit all the goddamn time.
Non canon doesn't mean it's not an official Drakengard game

Omg, hes comparing it to the thing thats the other person most likely to know or have heard about, hes not mentioning the original thing almost noone knows about, muh autismo, hurr

>persona 1 and persona 2

I will never play these games ever

>someone tries to explain something to me in game
>i do something that's five steps ahead
>we have to go back to the smallest botched detail because I didn't do it perfectly

Elaborate.

so according to you if the alien franchise got sold to a bum that decided to make alioms 8 its "canon" for you. you are the retard

Bad suggestions for improving a game in general.

For example 99% of Destiny suggestions were absolute shit. The game was just a massive blueball simulator so you had all of these people who never complained about games getting their feet wet in the critiques and almost every meme suggestion that came up out of it was fucking ass-backwards retarded. I take these personally, because these people clog up the same channels informed individuals use and, if the devs are tailing the game for their audience, making the game worse in the process.

To add, usually when someone uses the phrase "that's not good game design", they're the type of person I'm talking about.

What's wrong with this? It just means that the game is fun but not in the same way that previous entries in the series are, either because it focuses on different components of the gameplay or is a totally different genre, and people who go into it wanting more of the stuff from the previous games will be disappointed.

Your example is shit because you and I both know that wouldn't happen, but if that bum is the legal holder of the IP and he makes some shitty movie with the license, then yes it's officially an "Alien" movie. That's how it works, you unfathomable retard.

0/10

I'm actually not that bothered by this. It's a personal taste thing.

Not that user. But you have to appreciate that each official title of a series is just as much part of that series as any title proceeding it. Trying to disown it doesn't change the fact that the series changed. If it is a good game, it is therefore a good X game. Saying otherwise, to me, seems like the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screeching.

The alternative being saying something like "I don't like where the series has gone" or "fuck this the old shits better".

People taking Overwatch seriously (a dying fad thank the lord in heaven).

Not really.
People just say that you don't have to play it if you want Taro game because it wasn't made by Taro.

>people use well-known popular and contemporary series to explain a game to a normie

>claims the series is where the concept comes from

TWISTED METAL 3 AND 4 THE DEVS SAID SO

You know what they call a "Quarter Pounder" in Japan? A Battle Royale with Cheese.

>people who play sequels/remakes before the originals
>people who are unaware that the game is a sequel/remake
>people who refuse to play the original game because it's "too old", even if the OG is superior and considered as all time classic

Deus Ex, X-COM, Thief, etc.

Of course I understand if they play some open source fan fix or HD version, they can sometimes be much more playable on modern systems, but jeebus fucking christ when people just flat out _refuse_ to even try out the classics.

If an addition to the franchise is different enough that it doesn't share a lot of the traits the others have, or is simply different, yet still good, it's fair to say that while it's a good game it may not be good enough by the standards set by that franchise.

The hunger games shit triggers me so much. Especially when normies praise the fuck out of it.

I used to be on the fence about this but

Turns out wheb you have an IP, people expect it to have the same love and care as their first (or best) game.

So turns out X: Other M is not a good X game

>player joins european server
>introduces himself in non-european language or even in english
>people point out that it's an european server and he should at least speak english
>he then repeats his greetings, in english

WHY NOT SPEAK ENGLISH IN THE FIRST TIME? IT'S AN EUROPEAN SERVER!

I'd agree with you. For me it's specifically the phrase quoted by other user that triggers me.

>AN EUROPEAN

youtube.com/watch?v=wwJPUz5md7U

>Your example is shit because you and I both know that wouldn't happen
It's almost like it's a hypothetical situation or something

>skyrim
>characters often engage in important, quest-specific dialogue before you actually enter the conversation
>sometimes it repeats, sometimes it doesnt
>never sure whether to just talk to them or wait until they finish

>Dark Souls 2 isn't a Souls game

>join european server
>introduce myself in euskera
>people point out that it's an european server and i should at least speak english
>mfw

That's literally all mainline Final Fantasy after 10 though
Well, minus the "good game" part depending on the person

A hypothetical shit more like it lmao

Almost every time I've done this it's been disappointing, and every time I've gotten someone else to do it they're disappointed. After you play an updated version of a game, the things it improved upon are torturous.

These days I either try to start all series from the beginning, or I just don't fuck with conversations that compare the games.