Why is 9S such a manlet? I find it hard to enjoy this game when I have to play as a fucking manlet

Why is 9S such a manlet? I find it hard to enjoy this game when I have to play as a fucking manlet.

Stop making meme threads about Nier Automata

I'm sure you have enough trouble as a manlet in the real world. Can't even escape to vidya lol.

i have no idea why people have been complaining about the 9s portion, the hacking games havent been that bad, at least up to where i am (carnival)

my only issue is that when i self destruct 2B doesnt get her whole skirt blown off, what the fuck is up with that

Felt so good killing 21O

Did you know that 9S has actual heavy attacks?
Because that's what a lot of people complain about.

Wait what
Really

Attack out of dodge or delay the second attack in a string and it changes it to a heavy combo.

I don't like his moveset with most of the weapons and I wasn't a big fan of removing one of the 2 buttons you had to swing your weapon with in favor of a minigame that trivializes the entire game. 2B/A2 is way more fun to play as.

The game sure as fuck could have done a better job of explaining that when you first got control of 9S.

Yup
Evade(not perfect evade>light attack
or
Light Attack>input dealy>light attack

FUCK YOU, SPOILERFAG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

His Longsword string is fucking goat, especially the heavy combo.

Spears are 9S' best weapon. The held down light attack and Heavy combo string are godly.

Also
>not buying the dress module from Emil during the first playthrough and making 2B go skirtless the rest of the game.

You're a fucking casual lol

Is 9S really a scanner model? He fights really well for a mere scanner.

Novella reveals that Scanners don't have short range weapons and he hacked himself one.

Yes. Except he's a high-end scanner model.
His curiosity and learning rate is very high which allowed him to learn combat himself.

That's your opinion and I respect it, I myself didn't like any of his movesets over 2B's. It felt like I had to stand a weird distance to make the most of his attacks, I just wanna facefuck robots with my fists.

>Browsing a thread for a story heavy game without finishing it
>highlighting a spoiler box in a thread for a story heavy game

He's modeled after a teenage boy and he's taller than 2B without her sword heels. Go be insecure somewhere else.

That must suck OP, when you can't even stop thinking about your height when gaming

I guess stick to games with tall characters so you can keep the delusions up

Well in a world where everything is hackable, of course a high class scanner would be strong as fuck.

It'd be equivalent to a superhero that can fuck your mind by just looking at you.

He still has a heavy weapon string, just hold down dash for it.

There's no reason to make combat units larger, it will only increase the chance of getting hit.
Both he and 2B are 5'2 without footwear.

I'm not talking about his hacking skills m8, I'm talking about his combat proficiency, he seems to be pretty good considering he's a scanner.

People have a hard time accepting this.
All the (actually overpowered) melee moves are for the player, while in the narrative he is just overpowered due to the nature of his abilities.

Which is a pretty odd point to miss considering he hacks a giant to pieces in the very first boss battle in game.

you monster
leave Sup Forums now, don't come back until you finish the game

Its just so ADD kiddies don't go "hurr I hate playing as 9S why am I not playing as the nice-assed lady HURR HURR".

And yet, the kids still keep coming here and posting just that.

I know, I'd rather just have the two different buttons though. Easier to do while also not accidentally using the heavy combo because you just evaded and didn't wait long enough to press square. It's a very minor gripe, really.

I guess if someone really wanted to it would only take an AHK script or something to rebind the buttons.

its fucking hard to avoid these threads, tho. i did well until i beat scenario A but its been bugging me that im missing out on lots of great toobie butt shots

His character profile states that his forte is electronic combat.
His whining about "not being made for combat" is a simple bantz, he's a top tier YoRHa model that can decide the flow of entire operations and destroy large groups of enemies and even Goliath-class opponents.

Scanner has a very Cronenbergian meaning with him. As he's someone who can literally fry minds of any synthetic life.

On top of that he seems to be utilizing some self-learned combat style clearly based on 2B's moves, only with way larger emphasis on NFCS.

Just take off the skirt in game you dumbass

Though personally I find it hard to concentrate on playing that way

I know that pain because I've been there but trust me, it's going to hurt way more if you ruin yourself your experience
drop everything else and finish the game

he`s a kid retard

were you 5`11 as a kid ?

>barontrump.jpg

Reminders of your own feeble body in your choice of escapism can be upsetting, user, but no need to be a whiny little bitch about it.

Do they even have names in that sequence?
Can you make out which one's 210 or 60?

Besides the name being right above their head, hair styles and voices are different between operators.

>sequence
21O is a fight with a name over her health bar and everything. She even talks which is what you should be used to.
Very obvious is was her.

when you say finish it, what do you mean exactly? i heard you have to beat all 3 scenarios 3 times to "finish it", thats gonna take months because i have a life i sadly have to carry on with everyday

i meant fan art of her and glorious ass. i played with her skirt off most of the time

Oh well, I didn't notice her at all.
Guess she got caught in the crossfire with combat YoRHa models.
I tried to run away from operators without killing them and circled around them for a while, it was pretty fun to watch them try to punch me with bare hands. None of them had a name, so I assumed 6O and 21O werent there.

(you)

Have you beaten the game?
You're not on the same page as us.

>Die to Eve after I lose close combat weapons
>Go to recover my body
>His barrage kills me right after I do that while I'm still stuck in the animation
>This continues 5 (five) times in a row until I switch to normal where its not an OHKO

Well shit.
I though we were talking about Bunker being taking over by a virus in the beginning of route C

>thats gonna take months because i have a life i sadly have to carry on with everyday
You can finish the entire story in 35~ hours.

so it doesnt require multiple play throughs? ive been taking my time, already have about 25 hours on it and im not even half way through 9S

No. We're not talking about that at all.
But 6O does die there at the Bunker. She talks about the flower 2B gave her in a side quest over the intercom as you're escaping the bunker.

fanart is not worth spoiling yourself on the a game like this

and beating the game takes like 30 hours

no, you only play the first part twice, then the game continues

To be princess carried by 2B. For that he must be compact

oh, nice. ill speed my way through it if that's the case; i was savoring it thinking that i was in for a long slough through the same shit over and over

you complete the game 3 times then with chapter select you can unlock 2 other main endings and 21 easter egg endings
took me 75 hours though I did almost everything and took my time
people say you can finish everything in 30, that's less than what took me to do just route A

Nah, even 9S' playthrough is fairly different and if you skip the entire part where 2B was alone.
You also unlock chapter select once you get your first ending, so you can come back and do all the shit you missed.
Though you should do most sidequests since they add a lot to the story.

>that moment when 9S and Eve slam each other with giant metal fists
That was some one piece shit right there.

You better do your sidequests

>Why is 9S such a manlet? I find it hard to enjoy this game when I have to play as a fucking manlet.
t. machine

>mfw i read that post and imagined BL despite knowing what you're talking about

i've been here way too long

>those fuckers actually get themselves rotating guns on their torso in route C

androids are small because japs are small
2b has heels 9s doesn't
that's it that's all there is to it

>mfw go into the desert area and find two of these absolutely massive ones, taller than that picture by like 5 torsos
>lewd thoughts enter my head instantly as toobie stands between two absolutely massive walking dildos
>try and take a screenshot with keyboard alt+f1
>alt is actually bound to shooting and 9S demolishes the two giants instantly

fucking 9S cockblocked by MACHINED screenshot

Did 9s know about 2b since the very beginning?

I guess, since 9S retained his combat ability after his most recent mind-wipe.
Also 2B's sword contains her memories, and guess who touches it at the very end

No, he was freshly wiped at the start of the game.
All cute and naive.

>hacking so easily into the alien race of bio-machines

What is wrong with their defences, using windows as operating system?

I don't think so
he would eventually figure it out every single time, but always was defeated and kept losing his memories

9S is the product of several thousand years or android improvements user, all of which have been fighting the machine lifeforms.

They're battledroids meant to die at the slightest prick. Naturally they'll make him a sissyboy or a female.

>No, he was freshly wiped at the start of the game.

There's no info about for how long he operated before the Automata events. He could already realize the truth about 2b.

What that other user said and according to Adam, the aliums were retarded.

Who cares about what 9Shit think?

>costume changer removes shorts from 9s

he's a kid

They were working together for 3 years and he introduced himself user.
There would be little point in the gradual deterioration of his state of mind as we go on in the game if he knew it from the beginning.

He probably realized shortly before/around when Adam toyed with his mind a bit.

>9S is the product of several thousand years or android improvements user, all of which have been fighting the machine lifeforms.
>What that other user said and according to Adam, the aliums were retarded.

You miss the part of biomachines evolving all that time as well.
They always kept androids alive on purpose of further evolution and their own existence.

The war was meaningless because both of the enemies needed each other to live.

But its more fun blowing it off.

>we need to go lewder

And?
The comment was about why he can hack them so "easily", well its because they know the enemy and have known them for a long time and kept up, even surpassed them technologically speaking.

>tfw still nobody made high resolution textures for her

Not since the very beginning, no. But he most likely figures out after Amnesia and Betrayers quests.
In the end it doesn't matter, he still loves her.

>Emil is on the map
>Music start playing in my head
FUCK OFF EMIRU!!!!

This is what happens when you're an apex model of entire YoRHa project and they physically can't create anything better because it will start doubting the aims of the project too.

>just finished all endings
>can't enjoy toobie art anymore after that reveal

I'm upset.

Why bother giving androids feelings and permit them to have lovers if emotions are forbidden?

And why are the only male model androids in all of Yorha are 3 little boys?

Its pretty curious, I don't fap to toobie either despite the objective hotness.

I kinda feel bad when I take off her skirt too.

You assume they "gave them" feelings, but they didn't they are sentient beings and that is not from programming.

After ending E i'm only interested in cute art of her and 9S together.

Also is that a crop?

her death was the point I started being upset about lewds
even though I did ending E that didn't change much

I like how people act so shmart about overshadowing in the first two routes.

Like 2b strangling 9s because she's actually 2e and that's her mission. Or because she's not talking much or keeping the distance.

While that's true and I can't argue with a canon, it doesn't actually make your first impression about 2b wrong. I mean if you don't know about her role, she simply acts cold and reserved, as a "professional" who wants to do her job instead of fucking around. She strangles 9s because he was infected and he asked himself to finish him. Not because 2b is hurr durr executor and always kills him.
I always thought she's just hiding her real emotions and it was pretty obvious during the game but does it really change a lot of things after you realize that she's 2e? I don't think so. It boosts her troublesome situation and the nature of her coldness, sure, but it doesn't actually change the fact that she simply started to love 9s or at least bit by bit reveal her affection to him.

That's why while I felt a bit concerned about her 2e purpose, it didn't really change my mind on her motives or anything that she did during the game.

When 2b cries while strangling 9s - it felt natural that her real self is being exposed now and she deeply cares about 9s. Is that necessary to know that she was also supposed to kill 9s many times before that or any time her learns the truth about Yorha? I don't really think it adds that much to 2b's character.
Her feelings are already strong and real even if you don't know about her real role.

Kill yourself.

"Emotions are forbidden" is 2B's personal motto for obvious reasons.
And 9S ain't really a little boy, he's like 16, 2B is 18-20 at best, and that's with lines under her eyes making her look older than she is.

Why they don't create more male models is a mystery but 3 male androids story focuses on are the most powerful but also the most unstable ones in the entire story, maybe that's why.

Maybe :^)

I don't think anyone disagrees with that

>he's like 16, 2B is 18-20 at best
Stop throwing things from your ass, thanks.

Secondarie VIP's

i sure got the FEELs when A2 killed 2B

This game is so full of feels it's amazing. Poor pascal teached the kids to fear so they all kid themselves, the whole village!

It sure is insae how the robots made the YOHRA and how the black box has machine cors in them.

FEELS

It was really neat the see the library from NIER again, it sucked that the real bad guy was the RED GIRLS

>The comment was about why he can hack them so "easily", well its because they know the enemy and have known them for a long time and kept up, even surpassed them technologically speaking.

And bio-machines could develop a better defense during that war and shut down their vulnerabilities.
> even surpassed them technologically speaking.
Pfft, that's just a lie. They could never defeat machines if the machines themselves didn't want to abandon that gay Earth and find some more fun in space.
Androids could deal no damage to the network, Adam and Eve fucked with them and Adam had to disconnect from the network to make himself vulnerable and make the fight fair.

Biomachines are way far ahead of androids in terms of power and intelligence. They hacked the shit out of Yorha, the Moon and most likely their HQ (even though there's no info about it in the game). It's stated that machines could easily wipe androids if they wanted to but kept them alive.

They are just playing with androids like toys. While androids (pods, HQ, whatever) are ripping their asses to make better and better units to fight. And fail every fucking time.

>you will never have Aniki

But it does, on first impression she is just a professional as you say, no-nonsense, outright cold.
Replaying once you know her purpose, many of her comments gain new perspective. What you assumed as "no-nonsense" was distancing herself, what you taken as coldness that hurts 9S was hurting her even more. Many comments of 9S suddenly sound like they hurt her too because she knows things you couldn't think of the first time.
From two "coworkers" warming up to eachother as you'd have expected on your first playthrough, its suddenly a constant tug of war of emotions underneath, not only you see her hold back, keep her distance - but many comments actually sound like manipulation on her part, to keep 9S away from the truth and thus also "safe".

Theres a good amount of subtlety in their comments on things, which get a new meaning with the knowledge, a very twisted and painful one for both.

>his snak arms are RIGHT FUCKING THERE whole time