What do you think is the best RPG of all time?

What do you think is the best RPG of all time?

I think its Bloodborne.

Agreed.

What a retarded picture

the games narrator makes a point of calling the thing nameless, the closest thing it has to identification is the distinction that in the japanese script its identified as the only "supernatural" monster (demon) in the game while everything else uses a different word

rom is confirmed to be a girl

the queen killer in the chalices is not alfred and some unrelated executioner which Id imagine hints to them being queen killers in general and not just after annalise

rom is confirmed to be a girl

there is literally nothing connecting the one in hunters nightmare to izzy

also there is absolutely nothing connecting the beggar to archibald, seeing that everyone else from that ancient time is either dead or in the hunters nightmare

I didn't make the picture, but I think that's the point.

This meme template is used ironically or backwards 50% of the time

the ebrietas and caryll theories hold some waterr actually

Either Witcher 3 or FF7 desu. I like soulsborne but never really considered them rpgs for whatever reason

Witcher 3 for me. On my third playthrough

I think this is the only game with a narrative that can compete with the best of other mediums. Witcher 3 and Last of Us have good dialogue for video game standards, but they bring nothing new to the table that movies and books don't do, and the quality of those game's narratives when held up to the greatest books ever written or the greatest movies ever filmed is pretty laughable. BB on the other hand presents a totally novel (excluding DS of course) format for telling a story, AND the story itself is really well handled. It's mysterious and intriguing, there's thematic weight to it, the dialogue quality is totally sufficient for the style, and the lore of the world has a great deal of depth. Can any game even compare? Original Fallout games maybe?

FF7 or Chrono nigga

Souls isn't an RPG

Next you are going to tell me Diablo is better than Baldurs Gate, very different games

>The story isn't explained to you, so it's a masterpiece

This meme

Explain what an rpg exactly. Most games nowadays can be classified as rpg but they seem to just have many sub sections.

The story is very clearly explained to you if you pay attention. It also has a lot of nuance and depth for people that want to go looking.

well that's part of it, but I (or anyone else) wouldn't give two shits about a hidden story if the details that are hidden weren't incredibly intriguing. Did you play through the game without having any compulsion to dig into all the cryptic little details? Or did you just not find the story interesting after digging into it?

You know what i mean, you can't compare Souls to something like FFXV or Fallout 4

baited.

no role play in your rpg, mang

slasher with chunks of halfassed story to make it.... wow mystical

good game though

>depth

Lovecraft fanwank isn't depth

I honestly don't. I'm being completely serious here, souls is definitely an rpg.

I totally agree with the second part of your comment, but I'm fascinated that you found the story clear, presumably on your first play-through? The first time I went through the game I had no clue what the fuck was going on, and was only vaguely interested. Then I found my first umbilical cord and went down the rabbit hole.

good job trying to sound smart but coming off as a retarded pleb

youre the equivalent of a 14 year old spic going to watch the trailer of the newest FPS game on youtube and screaming COD RIPOF in the comments

ARPG ≠ cRPG and the like
in the first category skill > stats
in the second one stats > everything else

Persona 5. Forever and ever

That would be breath of the wild actually

Enjoy your shit 2015 game you cling on so much tho

D&D

You don't even need to dig to understand the story. That's why it's so good. The game very much tells you what's going on if youre paying attention. Dialogue, notes on the ground and environmental queues all inform the player about what's going on in the game. However you can also dig deeper by reading item descriptions and exploring the different areas to open up more of the story. The gameplay conventions also serve to align with the story and make sense within the overall framework. It really is a masterfully made game, it does have flaws but it is overall one of the best ARPGs in the medium.

sorry sweaty HR best rpg

Find me a great story without great influences. Especially when the supposed 'citizen kane' of gaming is rehashed zombie apocalypse shit. I'd rather see 10 more stories influenced by lovecraft than 1 more story influenced by Dawn of the Dead, ya know? Especially with a project as big as a videogame. You're going to need strong source material to keep people on the same page. Better lovecraft than most things! (I also think that people overstate the similarities between BB lore and lovecraftian lore, but that's a different argument)

just started playing the game yesterday, I like it a lot, just finished 3rd Boss. Don't quite get the whole story yet, though
However RPG wise I still prefer games like the witcher

fair enough. When I first picked it up I had no interest in the story (as is my relationship with most games) so I wasn't paying all that close of attention to what everyone was saying. Interesting to hear that you were able to piece it all together on the first playthrough. I'll definitely try to pay more attention next time I play a From game

but it is a ripoff and not a good one

all story is stiched from Lovecraft's books by fans not by devs. You can clearly see it with bloodborne art book at hand. it is just pile of facts stolen from others work, inconsistent and with no details in depth.

It's a slow burner. It doesn't start getting interesting until after the forbidden forest.

youre fucking retarded, Not only did lovecraft not invent cosmic horror or aliens in general (albeit idiots like you think he did since he is the popular one who did nothing but cosmic horror) but he never did anything visual apart from some kindergarten tier scribble of cthulhu

literally go kill yourself. screaming DURR X RIPPED X OFF doesnt make you seem smart, it makes you look like an obnoxious autist who neither grasps the bigger scheme or even the concept of inspiration in general (which is something that no art escapes, only being more obvious when the genre or materials in question are less done overall)

>RPG

>classic games have stories and characters
>story leads characters to fight the boss
>from software: ????????
>from software: why not just fight the bosses all the time??? who needs characters and plot?

Can't believe they've managed to release 5 same games with the same stupid structure.

I love when retards like this act like they got all the story in the first playthrough.
Specially in bloodborne where most characters are awfully characterised and pretty much the only interesting thing about it is the lovecraftian setting; Aside from that Eileen is the only interesting character around the other ones just look cool but bring nothing.
Witcher builds up a world but also brings interesting characters with it.

go kill yourself kid

>What do you think is the best RPG of all time?

Skyrim. Not even a contest. If you meant action RPG then I guess either BB or DaS.

I'm sorry your only good ps4 exlusive had a bland story my dude

go kill yourself kid. praising the skyrim of 2015 while having been plebfiltered that hard means you should have zero say in anything related to games

>action rpg

woah woah, what about the Diablo series lad.

i'm sorry your non exclusive game had shitty gameplay
but who cares about gameplay in a video game

>got all of the story in the first playthrough

If you had reading comprehension skills you'd understand that I said I understood the basic story not the entire story.