ITT: Guns that are shit in every video game

ITT: Guns that are shit in every video game

its one of the best guns in rainbow six siege

>can't hit a barn past 15 meters
>full auto equals full retard

because it's trash irl too lol

I love that one fishgun (forget the name of it) but it apparently melts so fast that its basically unusable irl.

one of the best in ravenshield

Lefty's can't fire it without getting hot casings in the face. Jesus they spent millions trying to fix this weapons flaws.

xm8?

why even give a left handed dude a gun in the first place

It's good in Siege.

no he's thinking of a glock

I googled that and yup, that's the one

>tfw the only one in the world that likes the aesthetics of the fishgun

it just looks cool to me

Bullpups looks super gayass. I hated the L85 in Rainbow Six: Siege AND Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. I can only imagine it really is a shit rifle IRL.

>inb4 noguns eurotrash/australian, or canadian fuccbois crying about american guns

its good enough in BF3/BF4

I know that's almost like giving a woman a gun

It's a great gun in STALKER

It is good in pretty much every vidya. It is good in BF3, BF4 and Siege.

It is pretty shit in real life tough, stoppages all of the time.

Killing Floor makes you love the Mac 10 again

G36

/k/ threads on Sup Forums have a tendency of triggering my /k/ related autism but I'm down for this thread.

Moist Nuggers are satisfying in every game they're in. Funny how in CoD Finest Hour the Mosin was a Turkish one.

Gross. Don't joke about that shit user. next you're gonna say it's ok for non-americans to have guns

I really wish we kept the L1A1 and did some modernising to that instead

B A T T L E F I E L D 2
rekking scrubs halfway across the map as medic

I love this gun. It was my go to gun in the socom games.

If anything they look efficient as fuck to me.

Shotguns in general

Xm8 was pretty fugging good in mgs4

I guess if you're a manlet with small arms and hands.

We've got plenty of gun memes. Yes, the XM8 is the fish gun.

they have the same length of pull retard

are there more moving parts in a bullpup?

i mean, the trigger is further away than on a conventional rifle

Not wanting a foregrip

Loved it in bad company

/k/ please go.

Before COD started getting fuck huge budgets post COD4, they made do with what they could get. A lot of gun sounds are either faked or created by changing up another gun sound a bit. Some gun models were based on them just finding a copy of that particular gun at a store, or google images.

I think one of the WW2 CODs also has a problem because the thompson used in it was a type that saw almost no action in the war, mostly just being used by the mafia locally.

>thinks you can't put a foregrip on a bullpup
Wow stop posting any time

This annoys me to no end. It's lethal to about 100 meters with a metal slug irl, but you put it in a video game and it has a maximum range of 4 meters.

Fucking anti-guy pussies need to GTFO of studios that make games with guns.

i loved that shitty looking anti-tank rifle in cod WaW, it looked like a PVC Potato launcher, i think it's the PTRD

did that shit really exist? and if so, then how common would it have been to carry it around?

And sitting on a riser at the barber makes you just as tall as the other patrons.

I know it's you, manlytears

was great in rainbow 6 vegas

>The L1A1 in STALKER
Fucking love how it looks but goddamn it's a legit contender for the worst gun in video games

Nuggets are life.

It did, but it was used against tanks and such, not infantry. It's classified as a destructive device in the US and is really hard to own. They're basically rifled pipes with a firing mechanism.

Both are really good in Rainbow Six Siege and used by the same guy.

>stalker
>L1A1
I think you mean L85A1

UK had one like that too.
I don't think anti-material rifles were all that common.

BRITISH RIFLE
GERMAN ENGINEERING
WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Did you mean VFG?

I mean your post is retarded regardless, but

Kind of, bullpups tend to shave off efficiency for accuracy and being more compact, but they also suffer in recoil for fully automatic firing.
Also, if it blows up, it's going to blow up right in your face.

Also, just a personal thing, but I fucking hate reloading bullpups.

They were meant to be used against tanks, but tank armor evolved too fast and they were basically dead on arrival

>not kar98
shiggy diggy

That was a great gun in Bad Company 2

its pretty damn good in BF4 and R6Siege

Mauser fag pls go. We're trying to indulge in our poorfagginess.

Both of these were amazing in SOCOM 3

Don't remind me, i'm a fan of playing it aggressive in an all or nothing style, but having the range of a shotty be so short that you need to be in arms reach to do damage isn't satisfying or fun when its such a fucking disadvantage.

Are Nagants meme rifles? Are they really as awesome as /k/ says?

>playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>one of the gook classes can use a double barreled shotgun
>you can choose between 3 different barrel lengths
>you can pick if you want to carry 32 buckshot shells, 32 slugs or 16 of each
>mfw swapping out buckshot for slugs midgame to snipe people and then putting in buckshot when I'm expecting to encounter enemies

Vanilla stalker changes all the gun names slightly

This shitter

It's passable in GTA5 I guess, can't think of much else

i love these in fps shooters.

>when you accidentally kill a teammate through the backblast
Good times in insurgency

pretty OK in Payday 2 senpai

It doesn't tho

What do you expect? It's just meant to blow it's entire load in 1 second close range and is inaccurate as fuck.

Literally the inner city negro gangbanger of the gun world.

Literally meme but great for the price back when they were still under $100.

Why don't they just make a version for lefties?

I hope you're not serious, it's one of the worst assault rifles in the game
Also i remember it having the shittiest ammo pick up rate of them all but maybe they changed it

92 stability 92 accuracy or something is totally achievable while maintaining 45dmg
ammo pickup is only a problem if you're retarded beyond salvation

Add even the lowest grade body armor into the mix and you'll see why shotguns being good in games and "muh realism" are incompatible.

Nice "prove me wrong" template thread. Equip the LA85 as a medic in Battlefield 2 and you're already winning. Not only is it accurate as fuck at a distance (just gotta tap and the headshots come rolling in) you can even hip fire it at close range with reasonable accuracy where other rifles become completely useless. It's one of the few guns in the game that has no weakness. You can literally go from CQC to duelling a sniper and back without switching weapons.

Fucking this.

I can clock a fucker with buckshot 50 yards out with ease, and it drives me apeshit to see them lose effectiveness at like 10 yards or less in vidya.

Points to Insurgency and Day of Infamy for doing them justice.

>1 second after firing it goes in a completely different direction

>fps shooters

>first person shooter shooters

>f2000
i-i love it tho

Actually the A2 isn't it's among the best out there, the A1 was probably the worst gun to be issued to any official army

Well the thing about it is that the force from the shot goes into your shoulder rather than your wrists, helps alot with recoil

>Bullpup
Nope

It's funny because it's also utter garbage irl.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Simply means you don't know shit about anything.

came here to post this

They never do it justice.

The L1A1 is the name of an actual gun though.

Hey bro, i need 20 dollars, you gonna be near an atm machine later?

They fixed the melting issue tho. But by that point, the Army stopped looking at replacements for the M4 (because lol too much money let's try this again in 15 years and still stick with the same shit) and HK eventually dropped it.
I'm pretty sure some military units in Malaysia use them though.

It was pretty good in mgs4.

>IL 86
>contender for the worst gun in video games

Nigga, what? The IL 86 isn't even a contender as worst gun in STALKER. All of the 5.45x39mm guns are far more pathetic. The pistols on STALKER however would be legitimate contenders as the worst guns in video games.

Stop pretending to know what you're on about. The first variant was awful. The later models are pretty fucking good

MGS4 really fucked up thinking this was the gun of the future.

>overpriced 22 magnum

Usually portrayed quite well

Glad I only wasted money on an ar57

I didn't know clip location would honestly be a point of contention among people. I like bullpups.

Yes, I know they're called magazines. I'm pretending. Shhh.

>too much money

Half true, it was too much money for the marginal increase in performance it offered over the ar15. When you have a military as large as america's you can't be replacing your standard issue every time some faggot makes the new bestest rifle ever. It's gotta offer a substantial improvement to justify not just the purchase cost of the rifles themselves, but also the cost of replacement parts, and retraining your soldiers on a new weapons system.

>magazines
That's a clip

sos ur mum m8

Entirely a matter if what you're used to. If you've been shooting traditional rifles your whole life, then yeah, bullpups are gonna feel "wrong".

it's literally my go-to midgame weapon in STALKER. it's not impressive but its scoped and accurate enough

but off the top of my head - sawed off shotgun, it's underrepresented though so fuck if I know.

I dont need it to be a handcannon but i dont want it to a "WHOMP" i have to reload cosntantly

I hated this gun in GRAW.

scar l/h for life.

It kicks ass in UFO:Aftershock and Bad company 2

Flamethrower. It's a shame too because they're so fucking cool. Whenever I get one I'm like, "FUCK YEAH, LETS SET SOME SHIT ON FIRE," then actually use it and realize it's shit. I wanted to make the flamethrower in Dead Space work so badly, but it's just shit.

-ALWAYS have shit range, hitboxes impossible to accurately view.
-ALWAYS drains ammo stupidly fast
-ALWAYS awful/subpar damage; typically do as much/less than what a generic pistol/rifle would do from a far greater distance.
-Only damage whatever they directly hit, no way to do indirect damage; ie flames won't go around corners. Sometimes (rarely) flames will spread from enemy to enemy- but if that's the case, they'll spread to you as well.
-Weak damage-over-time effect, if any at all.
-Flaming enemies will often damage you if they get too close, which they usually do since it has the range as melee attacks.
-NEVER works underwater, often won't work if you or your target are so much as ankle-deep in puddles.
-NEVER sets the environment aflame, except perhaps gimmick oil spills that burn out in 2 seconds; or ignites the area in a cosmetic fashion only.
-Usually has a slew of enemies that take reduced fire damage, but game won't inform you.

The best flamethrower is probably the Pyro's in TF2, and even that is underwhelming. It's more often used for it's airblast, or to ignite with the Degreaser then follow up with Axetinguisher. Even when used for direct attack, usually just to harass or ignite&run. Phlog rampages are possible but difficult, clunky, and just not as effective as more reliable tactics.

Is there ANY game with a truly satisfying, useful flamethrower that's effective outside of rare niche scenarios? Especially a singleplayer game.