Why did Sup Forums almost unanimously consider Dark Souls 2 the worst game in the series?

why did Sup Forums almost unanimously consider Dark Souls 2 the worst game in the series?

Because Sup Forums is casual as fuck

Because it is the worst.

I just hated it. Massive and constant framerate drops, bosses were magnitudes easier than the other games, none of them memorable, dropped the ball on the ost, not a fan of the combat, diarrhea shitty brown aesthetics all around, i get a headache just thinking about majula

Too different. Introduced a lot of nice things as well as some really bad things. Unlocking the various spell vendors took too long.

>casual
>easiest souls game

Surely you must be joking.

That's not even 1% of Sup Forums's userbase.

Because it is. Most people just follow the meme opinion though without actually really knowing why. Parrots desu

>bloodborne
>10%

lol everybody who couldn't buy it consider it the worst

>BB second
>DS3 last
Spot the mustards

Because Sup Forums is full of contrarians

Because people are real bad at le multiple enemies

You'd have to have been there to really understand.

First, there was a massive graphics downgrade. Countless screenshots and trailers hyped up spoopy dark areas with that would require sacrificing defense for a torch. Come release day that was all gone.
Second, Soul Memory. I shouldn't really need to explain that.
Third and worst of all, that was when the magic died.

From Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, Sup Forums unironically fucking loved the series. We loved the gameplay. We loved the characters. We loved the lore. We loved the setting. There was no end to comics and greentext stories. Even the twinks and tryhards have a love to hate thing going on (2kat! Ninja flipping havels!)
We even managed to bear with the PC release's newfags who didn't really "get" it.
When a full sequel was announced, we were hyped.

Then Dark Souls 2 happened. The characters were unmemorable, the lore was all over the place, the setting was meh, and the PVP system that produced so many great times was gutted.
I believe that was one of the moments that helped kill Sup Forums.

It does literally nothing right.

what I liked about dark souls 2:
>general weapon and build balance (inb4 mention of bat staff/mundane broken spear/mundane avelyn)
>DLC bosses
>good armor variety
>some good area designs here and there
>progression was not as linear as dark souls 3
I can't think of anything else

what I didn't like:
>soul FUCKING memory
>the bosses were by far the weakest of all souls games
>wasted opportunities with cool ideas like the pursuer who was greatly underused until SotFS

there's propably more but thats off the top of my head

because its a legitimately bad game

This.

>41 votes on DS
get out

>the PVP system that produced so many great times was gutted
If you honestly think DS1's pvp was better than DS2's, you should honestly kill yourself.

If he's talking about the soul memory basically fucking it up, then yeah, it was gutted.

It has no [SOUL].

It wasn't about fucking gameplay balance, it was about invasions being a free for all.

Permanent eye orbs.
No time limits.
Everyone can interact with levers and switches.
Bowing is risky.
Humanity draining is a thing. (Back in DeS it was fucking level drain)
No host coddling.

It made for an honestly FUN experience.

Disjointed and aimless.

Like many have said: It feels like a sequel that doesn't understand what made Demons and Dark 1 work.

Worst launch in the series.

Best recovery in the series.

Most unfulfilled potential in the series.

People who like DS2 are probably playing SOTFS after skipping it because Sup Forums convinced them to never EVER touch DS2, so they've forgotten about it since launch then got into it after the hype was forgotten and most problems were ironed out

People who HATE DS2 to this day with a passion were probably there for the disappointing launch and/or given confirmation bias by Sup Forums to pick apart all the major gameplay changes, then go back to playing DaS3 which gutted all of the good changes too because of people like them bitching about fucking everything.

> MUH SOUL MEMORY
You can speedrun the agape run in under 30k souls in maybe an hour.

THAT'S WHAT ITS THERE FOR

It's also an alternative to the break-on-death insurance rings. One ring slot and you can control the flow of souls. It's probably the best fucking ring in all of Dark Souls.

Not sure if I like the limited invasions or not, if just because forcing invaders to fucking chill for a bit means one guy spamming the area you need to be can't ruin your night-
-but there was nothing more bonding than dropping cracked eye orbs for your invader, and getting some trades in return before starting a fight.

>Disjointed and aimless.
This shit right here is on par with saying "fun is a buzzword". It's ambiguous and subjective as fuck.

DS1 was literally the ONLY DaS game with a perfectly connected world. DS3 pulled the same "world is too big" area transitions and hub abuse. If we include BB, maybe 1.5 of 5 'Souls games are not "disjointed".

I feel like DS3 is missing what made DS1 and such work, but that's due to mechanics they gutted for a poorman's BB clone.