When did you realize that game journalists don't actually know anything about the games/series they write about?

When did you realize that game journalists don't actually know anything about the games/series they write about?

all those things have been in elder scrolls since forever

When IGN released that retarded article sayng that gameplay is holding back games.

Fucking this.

That's exactly my point. Morrowind alone is full of stuff about drugs and xenophobia and refugees, but it's clear that the person who wrote the article has never played it.

ding ding ding, now read the OP again.

Give me the moon sugar baby

The sort of people that read this shit probably would be too alienated by Morrowids mechanics.

How are there even any games journalists left that havent killed themselves?
How can any of them live with the shame of this now beeing their job?

This title would be alright if the entire text of the article was "If yes, play Morrowind."

Those are all present but not 'explored'.

By 'explored', the author means it should lecture you on the author's personal progressive viewpoints on those topics.

In Elder Scrolls all those topics are already background aspects of the setting but not preaching. They just are.

And thats just not good enough for the modern progressive.

fucking SKYRIM had it.
Skyrim the fucking babbies first normie RPG expirience has refugees (a rather realistic depiction, beeing completley worthless), xenophobia, drugs and whatnot.

They didnt even play fucking Skyrim, did they read "Games journalism" in the job description and figure "well i play facebook games"? no, no they just read "Journalism" and saw their golden ticket to preach their own idiocy to other people.

How sad an individual do you have to be to consider yourself a games journalist at this point?

>you'll live to see meth, heroin, weed, and coke to be legal
>you'll live to see people pull their heads out of their asses to find out they're not bad at all and cigarettes are 100% much worse

feelsgoodman

>legalisation

Can't spell

Did they not play the game? "Refugees" (*cough* Imperials *cough* already exist. They have to go back.

You picked based Ulfric Trumpcloak, right user?

>skooma
>thalmor and imperials invading skyrim
>stormcloaks kicked out of their homes

BUILD GHOSTFENCE

HOUSE DRES WILL RISE AGAIN

Skyrim already dealt with refugees and drugs. Also Dawnguard had the Falmer which is an example of slavery and eventual genocide.

Stormcucks have to go back. Back into the ocean, fucking Thalmor buttboys.

>Would you play an Elder Scrolls game that panders to my world view?

I don't know, maybe.

>imperials invading skyrim

I'll keen your sunder if you know what I mean.

I would play an ES game that doesn't crash with 50 mods.

>legalize skooma
>Khajits riot because now they can't make money to buy skooma.

So this is a clickbait article sure but how do we not know that OP isn't trolling and the point of the article isn't the fact that "they already exist, you just don't get it, 2deep4u" pompous shit?

Journalists just barely know about le meme arrow game.

When they gave an 8.8 to Twilight Princess I stopped reading Vidya journalism altogether

This.

"Exploring" doesn't mean "featuring", but rather "propagandizing a very specific position on".

>skyrim
>dunmer refuges
>no option to side with the Nords who dont want these foreigners taking up their space

Why do Khajiit love Skooma/Moon Sugar so much?

You can look it up for yourself I guess

>No option to have a dunmer trade sex to live at your place and not have to go back to volcano land.

Coke and meth fuck with your synaptic receptors and create dependance you stupid fuck

>Would you play an Elder Scrolls
No.

Close your parentheses, nigger.

DUDE

>game journalism

translation: so they are not only wanting to have this already existing topics, they are also wanting to infect the games with their moral and point of view of what is right or not and even censor the content they dont like or find offensive, this is what they try to say

>while caffiene, tobacco, and alcohol have literally no adverse effects whatsoever

Said no one.

It grows everywhere in Elsweyr, also they use it for religious ceremonies. (Khajiit are obsessed with phases of the moons, it determines what type of khajiit you're born as)

You can't die from tobacco withdrawl, faggot.
You also can't overdose on tobacco or caffeine.

>can't overdose on caffeine

retard detected.

Journalism should be held to the same citation standards as academic essays.

/thread

u do know nicotine has been used as a lethal poison forever right

Gamergate was when I realized this

Zoe Delahunty-Light here, read the rest of the Article.

no

Skooma, Moon Sugar distribution
FUCK ALTMER
Dunmer and Red Mountain

Post a archive link.

Reading this thread has made me realise i have what it takes to be a vgj

Morrowind has drugs, it in no way explores the concept of drug legalization.

jesus christ

I really think journalists should be gathered on a public place to be tortured, and the whole concept of journalism should be banned.

That should increase the quality of their work. Or get rid of that overgrown cancer that is journalism. So it's a win-win situation.

This is the only solution to unwanted immigration

DUDE
SKOOMA
LMAO

Which is fuck all compared to meth or coke you fucking rare
>Honestly thinks being addicted tocigarettes is worse than being dependent on shards

>Do you want a fantasy game that explores real world problems?
No, I want a fantasy game that has fantasy problems in a fantasy adventure.

MUH 6 MILLIONS THALMORS!

A caffeine overdose is a heart failure, you moron.
People have been killed from chugging energy drinks before.

will future games explore other important aspects of modern day society?

>Xenophobia

In Skyrim? When? where?

>moving the goalposts

It'll be a full Horse Genital Expansion

I would totally play that
Oh wait I did, it was called Morrowind
Both sides of this retarded culture war shit don't seem to realize videogames have been doing the things they want/complain about forever.

Even Skyrim, the normie's TES game had refugees and xenophobia. What a fucking imbecile.
>mfw the vidya industry tanks and we don't have to suffer this shit anymore

Except they're done extremely toothlessly and badly.

Is this the thread where we read a headline, skip the rest and have a superficial understanding of the article, and then criticize the article for looking at a game, skipping it's contents, and having a superficial understanding of the game?

Fixed the OP image

You can overdose even on fucking water, retard.

Yes, irony is a great source of entertainment after all.

Will they do a better job if it's active pandering? It's still been done before whether that fact flusters you or not

>hey here's some stuff we already had in TES, but now let's make it a major deal and focus on how evil all white males are towards culture-conflicts and other contemporary first-world issues

Although I'd dig seeing Tamriel getting BLACKED by Khajiit, Argonians or any Akaviri's.

This discussion is about the idea "game journalists don't know much about video games," and in this instance Elder Scrolls. We got this idea from OP's image.

It is entirely irrelevant if the article is trolling with it's headline and actually talks about Skyrim accurately. There could actually be no article and OP just did a mock-up in MS paint, doesn't matter, we're still having this discussion.

So you're arguing a strawman then?

stormcucks go back to freezing shithole called atmora

Imperials are here to stay

You can do it without pandering or preaching if you write them as just things that happen. It's just that TES has never really done anything with these concepts.

Oh no, someone called me N'wah. Hold me back, f-a-m!

Take your condescending attitude back to Sup Forums where it fucking belongs faggot.

At the beginning of the new Elder Scrolls game there will be a quiz and if you don't select progressive enough answers, the game will uninstall itself.

I'm not arguing with anyone. Well, I guess you, technically.

>there are people stupid enough to believe this

I say this agreeing Tobacco needs to fucking go already too.

God I hate the offiical bethesda forums.

LET COOL LORE BE COOL DAMMIT

>Discussion = Argument
You OK there user?

>it's a "Conservatives pretend to play video games" episode

They messed up the title, it should be, "Would you play a Skyrim"

Nobody said they weren't bad, you just clearly never been to the hood or met any tweakers before.

>Looked up the article and read it
It actually wasn't as bad as the title suggested it would be.

but Elder Scrolls already touches those subjects

True fact, I was killed more often by bears than by dragons in Skyrim. The dragons let you know they were coming, with bears, you're just plodding along and hey, why did my horse just di-OHGODMYFACE!

>putting coke and weed in the same category as heroin and meth

die

If you're advancing a claim you're making an argument. In this case the claim is that journalists are uninformed and the evidence is OP's image. The logic of the argument is presented in several posts throughout this thread.

If you can't see that in this thread then you're being intentionally obtuse.

pastebin it.

That wouldn't take much, nice post lad.

pretty much, this.

coke is highly addictive and can onset psychological trauma from one to two uses

The article writer brought it upon xirself for opening with such a bait-worthy title.

>Conservatives

>By 'explored', the author means it should lecture you on the author's personal progressive viewpoints on those topics.
That's pretty much what the Dark Elf refugee thing was in Skyrim.