The Xbox One Scorpio / PS4 Pro were too late for this generation to mean anything

The Xbox One Scorpio / PS4 Pro were too late for this generation to mean anything.

Everybody's already made their choice. With 90,000,000+ consoles sold since the generation launched, aren't sales numbers for either of these going to be abysmal?

discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should have just launched with these new specs to begin with. (Microsoft and Sony I mean)

90 million three years into a gen is actually not very good.

PS4 Pro to my knowledge has sold like crap, but if Scorpio is marketed as a next-gen console (it has the specs to do so) it'll sell very well.

PS4 Pro sold pretty badly, so i don't know what they are doing

>$250 PS4 with Uncharted 4
>vs
>$400 "4K" PS4 Pro with no gaems

Of course Normies pick the first

No because the market values newness that's why Apple sells the same phone well every year.

agreed, that's basically what I'm saying

>it has the specs to do so
>2.3GHz AMD Jaguar

they can't do that without alienating their (small) user base of 30m though. Telling all of your fans that the console they bought was a glorified multiplat machine and to shell out another $400-500 won't go over well.

I think the sales numbers will end up as bad if not worse than PS4-Pro if they market it as a completely different console

can i play my 360 games on it? if no, i'll just stick to my 360 console and use PC for gaming.

They can because like the PS4 Pro, most games are expected to come out on both systems.

yeah they included backwards compatibility.

>PS4 Pro to my knowledge has sold like crap
PS Pro was more or less sold out in most places and waiting on shipments. PSVR and Pro massively exceeded sales expectation.

>but if Scorpio is marketed as a next-gen console (it has the specs to do so) it'll sell very well.

No, that would be an absolutely fucking retarded idea. Namely because it would just create PS5 hype and because it beats out the PS4pro by margins way too small for a new gen. Console generations could be very well dead though.

if it has fully compatible library, i damn well might buy one.
I have three 360s, modded.

I want off the wild ride if they keep releasing minuscule spec bumps though.

I think it's similar to the xbone where they release games to be BC.

I personally wouldn't pay $400 for a console that plays the same games as my old console, but to each their own

Please don't share rational logic with the peasants, thank you. Their misguided hopefulness is the only thing driving the industry right now until eSports is more official. And we need developers to be attracted to our hobby; just let the peasants run around and play.

It depends about the people with 4k TV.

very few people.

very few.

that's why it's called midgen refresh

youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

except 4k tv sales have been through the roof

I've got a 65 inch 4k hdr high (for a TV) refresh rate.
It providing me the 4kbluray player that I want (I actually do thoroughly enjoy owning the best version of movies that I really like) and potentially giving a superior version of games that my tv can actually display is pretty attractive to me.
That said, I know I'm a minority in terms of my screen and my caring about it. Most of my friends will say "I got a sweet new tv" and its like a 40 inch 1080 with 60hz panel...

then they wouldve been like $600-$800 on launch. they have to maintain the illusion that consoles are cheaper than PC, though Im hoping with scorpio coming out so soon after one, that people will begin to realize that isnt the case

I actually really enjoyed the second 360 I bought (for different reasons than I might enjoy the scorpio, granted)
I really want the higher power, and I think its worth keeping in mind that every year, some dude breaks his console and doesn't give a shit about a game library cause he is a normie. Or kids get older and their parents buy them a console. And I am sure that some of those parents will own nice tvs and want a 4k player packed in

1080ps tvs are like bargin bin stuff now

My point...
Exactly