Oooooh okay I believe you now

Oooooh okay I believe you now.

either autistic or genuinely ignoring what copyright law actually is

Good, I hope the cyberpunk meme dies.

Nobody who understands law comes here, it's just e-lawyers who skimmed wikipedia.

They're such manipulate cunt, they no remember when they released ((((free)))) dlc and then lied and said it was not publicity stunt to get sales? we already know they treat customers like everyone bad does but they get a free pass why? this is just them again lying to save themselves from critique assuming the game even comes they will do fake free dlc once again to trick people and manipulate consumers

They could potentially use this for evil but it was necessary anyway. If they didn't file for trademark, they'd have to change the name of the game which could hurt "Brand image" and would fuck up marketing

Because Normies love "Muh Mature fantasy game!!!".

Looking at what is happening to GitS I would say that is underway.

Marketing is a powerful tool.
People quote Barnum for a reason.

>make game called Kay-9: Cyberpunk Dog Adventure
>CDPR does nothing
>make game called Cyberpunk 2142
>CDPR tells you to fuck off

what is the point of these threads

You watch, I'll copyright 'Shitposting' then you fags will come crawling.

I already copyrighted the word copyright so good look with that.

You mean "trademark", and that would only cause issues if someone here wanted to release a product called "shitposting" in a similar market as your product called "shitposting". Trademarks don't give you any rights to do anything besides prohibit others from releasing a similarly named product in the same market.

They spent like 40 mil on marketing projects.
The free DLC effectively highlighted the difference between "dlc" and "expansion pack".
Consumers benefit from this more than anything, its harder for other publishers to then release 10$ dlc that lasts couple hours without seeming greedy.

damage control

fuck Cyberpunk™ 2077

nobody can use "Cyberpunk™" anymore as video game titles thanks to you third world slav scum

Read this retards

>attempt to copyright a word from a literary genre synonymous for" mega corporations trying to slap a price on literally everything to screw over the average Joe"
>"Guys, come on, it's not an 'evil plan' lol"

There's some definite irony to this whole thing.

No fuck you and your rational thinking and facts. Let me shitpost you nigger.
It's a conspiracy

so what if its "Cyberpunk America" "Cyberpunk Japan 2156"

>only if it could confuse the customers

who judges it and by what

>No fuck you and your rational thinking and facts.
This is one of reddit memes I dislike the most.

Holy shit you faggots get riled up about anything, who fucking cares, I don't even plan on buying Cyberpunk but jesus christ how the fuck is video game devs pushing an agenda a Sup Forums thread and this is somehow a Sup Forums thread, fuck off.

Or those other guys can call those games something else like Dues Ex, System Shock and any other future sounding title

>who judges it and by what
The court

>He thinks they're copyrighting an entire word
Please do research before you post stupid bullshit

it died years ago tho

you polacks are getting out of hand
nothing but braindead corporate shills

oh no
NOT FREE DLC THE FUCKING SLAVS I CANT BELIEVE THE NERVE OF THEM I WOULD RATHER PAY

Fuck off leaf.
Bring flags back hiro.

>mega corporations trying to slap a price on literally everything to screw over the average Joe
>knows nothing about cyberpunk
That one random user was right.
Dues Ex is all Sup Forums knows about cyberpunk

which means nobody can use it
who the fuck would take such a risk

Not a argument

Wow it's almost like you could just ask them if they're cool with you using it instead of being a complete fucking moron, but I guess that'd be difficult for you.

So name your game something else dingus

I believe them.

only want to protect their game. they have no reason to go after other games unless they want bad publicity.

If your game's title has "cyberpunk" in it anyway you probably need to try a different avenue of work.

>Taylor Swift trademarking common phrases and the number/year 1987
Just because your lawyer says yes to an idea, doesn't mean the court will allow it, he just wants you to pay him for consultation be wrong or not.

What? No, it's literally to prevent some weirdo making Cyberpunk 2078: Jew Killing Paradise and selling it for money.
It's to prevent people creating intentionally misleading titles that a stupid consumer might think is associated CDPR. Companies do this shit all the time to prevent knockoffs being made, yet game journalists are fucking idiots and say "They're trying to censor us from using the word 'cyberpunk' in any game!"

this latest batch of butthurt is from SJWs attacking CDPR as they are the only game dev left who wont cave to their sordid agenda

Thing is this is mundane everyday practise that 100% of adults know exist.
This is a result of the downgrade debacle. Its a practise every single game developement goes trough, its just called "optimization. Yet people got irrationally mad over it. After witnessing that CDPR just started to view consumers as literal retards.

well if you name your game as New Cyberpunk, you should be ok but when you name you're game as Cyberpunk2077+ then you can go fuck yourself in Sztum infamous polish prison

who fucking cares, do you know anyone who tried name game as Mass Effect when original Mass Effect came out?
i don't fucking think so

What's the next step in their master plan?

Why don't they just name it something other than a genre setting? You don't see people naming their games "Fantasy," "Fighting," or "School," and requesting trademarks for those terms. And no, "Final Fantasy" isn't "Fantasy."

>why dont they name the sequel as something other than the prequel

>free DLC is a jewish marketing plot
Now I've heard everything.

The eternal polack does it again, Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact 2 when?

crashing this board

WITH NO SURVIVORS

crashing this IP

"Cyberpunk" is such an incredibly dumb/cringe title, I can't help but to have zero sympathy for anyone using it unironically in the first place.

If I take off your (you), will you die?

it would be extremely painful

>Sup Forums gets upset when candycrush tries to copyright "candy"
>Sup Forums defends corporate decision to attempt and trademark "cyberpunk"

Is it ok when CDPR does it?

Really stretches that noodle...

Pretty snowflake opinion there given its first time someone claim that after seeing the teaser trailer.

They should have copyrighted the entire name of the game, not just the name of an entire genre. A lot less bad publicity and more likely to survive on court.

This. That would make sense entirely.

Whats the connection between these sites that theyre the first results?

Since the audience for this game is probably from the Witcher and not from some obscure 1980's tabletop game, yeah they should, if they want to avoid the butthurt.

You're a big guy.