Why are these FUCKING cables so fucking GARBAGE? I have bought so many of these fucking cables for my PS4 controller...

Why are these FUCKING cables so fucking GARBAGE? I have bought so many of these fucking cables for my PS4 controller, and my newest one just stopped working.

Now I have to sit on the floor right in front of my TV and use one of the fucking shorter ones from the packs I bought on Amazon.

I have NEVER had this many problems with any other cable except the micro USB. What the FUCK.

works on my machine

seriously though I've not had an issue are you rough on them or something?

Get a dock you fucking fag.

I got a couple from Best Buy, and I'm still cucking myself with the first one even though a month in, the cable won't even stay in the controller without falling out. It's pathetic.

I like leaving my controllers plugged in as much as possible, because constantly draining the battery takes the PS4 controller from a 4 hour battery life to a 2 in no time.

>from the packs I bought on Amazon.
buy cables from monoprice, they have lifetime warranties

I've never had that issue, so I wouldn't know.

Stop buying Chinese market products. They will do everything to save $0.001.

Your best bet is to just bite the bullet and buy a $20 cable from Walmart not sure about walmarts where you live but try to buy brands like Belkin.
Since I know alot of markets have cought on and have start to buy those chinese market cables rather than buying the cables which are made in china but are meant for NA/european market

Well, now you know.

using one i've had since launch and it's just fine.

if yours isn't working, go buy a phone one, it'll work just fine and probably be higher quality and cheaper.

If they're getting frayed around the connector, use electrical tape to repair it. I've been using the same microusb charger for my smartphone, the one I got bundled with my HTC incredible 1. It's more tape than wire at this point, but still.

>buy a decent length cable from Amazon
>plug it in to a plug socket, or to an adapter with a usb port
Never had an issue. I have a plug socket beside my bed, and behind my sofa, so it's on charge most of the time without having to plug it in to the PS4.

Micro USB is objectively shit. Always has been, always will be

Usb-C is the future

so, you constantly have them plugged in to preserve the battery, yet you never enjoy it while unplugged?

I enjoy it unplugged sometimes. But if I'm just doing shit like watching Netflix I keep it plugged in.

micro-usb was never good, it's just not made to last (especially when constantly plugging/unplugging them into controllers). It's for this reason I still really like wired 360 pads.

I'm using a micro usb that I've had for 5 years. I have no idea why yours are breaking, user.

It will take a couple years before its no I only got the old USB not the new one sorry I guess you can't charge your phone with my charger.

What

not only are sony cucks forced into using a shitty controller, they're also forced to re-charge an internal battery, and have a large unneccesary blue light draining any time it's in use.

I had my since Launch. (No thumb stick ripping issue).
and they still run a good 4hrs of game play.
And that is with using games that use the touch pad alot.
i.e Let it die.

How do people kill these cables?
I never ever had a single one die on me, not one.
HDMI cables go to shit constantly but these things last forever.

>No thumb stick ripping issue

You're lucky then lmao. Literally everyone I know with a PS4 has lost their original controller to that

>4 hour off cable life

hahahah how will sony fags ever recover?

Sorry I had two thoughts going at the same time and ended up writing half of one and the other.

What I was saying is that it will take a few years before the issue of you running into someone that doesn't have the same USB cable as you. Like the samething that happened to Apple with there change to the lighting connector

scrolled past real fast and thought someone arranged the pic to resemble a face

I miss the original thumbsticks, that soft rubber felt so nice and gripped so nicely too, but after like 2 years I had to patch one up with glue.

However - you know its a $2 part and can be replaced easily, with exactly the same kind thats on the revised DS4, right?

Also fuck the revised DS4, I didn't want that stupid fucking light why the fuck did they do that.

How do HDMI cables go to shit? You don't unplug them everyday like you would an HDMI cable.

>Switch uses Usb-C
>More and more smart phones are switching to Usb-C

The future is now

Well I do unplug them fairly often as I move console/TV/PC shit around, though ofcourse nothing as common as a charging cable, and yet I have like 3 that have contact issues.
But in so many years of using the charging cables I don't have a single dead one, and I've accumulated like a dozen.

The new one is only for the pro is it not? I know they change the colour of the slim one to a more gray colour.
In any case I think Sony made an over stock of the original ps4 controllers as I still see the pure black ones at Walmart and such places

I did get mine with a Pro yeah.
Seriously do people want the light visible in their field of vision while playing games?

It honestly annoys the shit out of me.

>have the same cable that came with my launch PS4
>still works fine

What are you doing that you are moving it? Why not just use remote play or buy a remote play unit?

Why not just disable the light bar on the controller by blocking its corresponding ribbon cable pins?

I opened this thread to have a laugh at sonyfags' problems, but instead I'm just left here wondering how this dude has so many problems with cords.
Like, I've got micro usb cords from foooorrrreveeeeeeeerrrrrr ago that are just great...

I think it has to do so the VR can see the light rather than you being able to do so.

I use hdmi for ps3, ps4 and PC, sometimes I move the HDTV itself around, people come to LANs for me nearly every weak and use my hdmi cables with my monitors too.

Thats a bit excessive - I'm fine with having the light facing away from me and its enough to notice if its blinking red or something, I don't need it constantly visible though.

The new controllers just made the light visible on the touchpad, that has nothing to do with tracking.

>because constantly draining the battery takes the PS4 controller from a 4 hour battery life to a 2 in no time.

What? It's the total opposite with lithium batteries you fucking retard, the more you leave them at max, the faster it dies

everything made today is garbage.
iv bought a bunch of shit and it always breaks.
have had to buy 3 controllers so far because you can only repair them so much, controllers are the cheapest and poorly put together things iv ever seen. Lesson to learn here is; dont buy console's and shit. invest in a pc that can play all the games for the next two decades.

Ah. I thought it was so when you are wearing the head unit itself it had sensor on it that can track the controller moment.

The light on the front is for tracking, the same light bleeding into the trackpad is just design or standby light or i dont know, its pointless to be honest.

Do you just smash your controller on the ground in a "fit of rage"?

Good question, I AM a rager and have dropped or outright twisted-with-force my controller a lot of times and aside from the two halves not fitting perfectly anymore, and some ribbon cables needing re-insertion, I still use the same one I bought on the release date of the controller (not the console) so like 3 years now.
I like my DS4 a lot.

>leave PS4 controller plugged in on rest mode laying on floor
>walk by and snag it
>rip entire PS4 off entertainment center

Seriously wtf Sony! Put some breakaway shit on your USB ports

Micro usb is kinda bad when it comes to durability overall, but I seem to get the longest life out the cheap ones on monoprice.

at least since it has feet that lock into place it doesn't fall when you are dangling the plugged in item in the area as with USB c you have no feet to lock into place.