Rain World

>he took the hard way around

Rain World, comfy or super stressful?
Or both?

Thankfully someone told me about the other route. Never going through that Hell again.
Also glowy seems to be leading me back to the fucking shore again, why? If he leads me back to five pebbles I swear to god I'm gonna throw spears at him forever

Both. I made a lizard bf and tried to take him home with me but he couldn't climb up to it :( I wanted to cuddle

Maximum comfort.

Oh shi there's an update for Rain World, what does it changes?

Gameplay improvements:
* “stuck in holes” fix - disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable by holding start / esc
* for players having issues with Grey Screen of Death and starting the game from sav files, you can now entirely skip loading the intro by holding "s" when pressing "New Game." hopefully this helps until we have a real fix!
* many many minor room fixes

Stability improvements:
* map loading bug fixed (was causing the corrupted savs, ugh)
* gate crashing bug fixed
* assorted stability improvements

Looks pretty good, glad I can uncover some map easier so I don't have to remember so much. More food is always good too, though it isn't in the places I really wanted it to be :l

So glad that karma drop after sleeping is gone. These are some pretty fair balance changes.
Now to wait for the new content

this place is a bitch; i've been most of the way down the easy route, but i want to explore the difficult side, too. that room with like six of these fuckers is just nuts, though. what even ARE they?

You're triggering my ptsd
Never again

>food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
Fuck yes. That's my 2nd biggest complaint.
>Map icons
HOLY SHIT.

>what even ARE they
They're Five Pebbles' experiments.

Am I blind, or was this not here before the patch? Tell me they added that or I'm going to punch myself in the dick for missing it the first time through this area.

can someone give me a quick rundown on this game? looks pretty good so far.

Is that the underhang? Pretty sure that's completely new, haven't seen that before

Forgive me for being a idiot, but what's the name of this game? Looks great.

rain world, amigo

Cute

>do you expect me to use my eyes or something

>You are a Slugcat, a stoat-shaped creature whose race is akin to nomadic prehistoric humanoids in technology and worldly understanding
>You are also very agile in that you can climb and shimmy through many things as well as using sticky foot-pads to cling to walls
>You specifically have been separated from your family and you wanna get back to them at all costs
>Gameplay involves getting your face brutally mashed against everything again and again, suffering countless death until you finally succeed, slow and methodical is considered the best way to play in general
>Scenery ranges from spooky to pretty good overall
>You can mostly go wherever the hell you feel like so long as you meet the Karma requirements for Gates, Gates being the doors between areas
>Karma is raised by sleeping in a habitat box and caps at 5 (Survivor) initially
>Death reduces it by 1 unless you have eaten a Golden Flower
>Game randomly generates where creatures go each morning before you wake up and because of this, it is possible to generate patterns that can be literally impossible to survive or ones that are a total walk in the park and everything in-between
>Survival is key to survival

>4-player co-op coming in the future
>slugcat pups
What else?

I don't think it's gonna be online multiplayer tho ;_;

I'm impressed he actually tweaked all these things so fast, most devs either take forever or dont do it at all

Personally I'm surprised they're even adding any more content to the game, which is really awesome since there's a lot left to be explored I feel.

So should I follow this yellow eyeball around? I've just been going wherever I want to go (which is aimlessly wandering about)

The fact Pups and MP are gonna be separate environments is also curious. They obviously won't be as huge, but I'm curious how big they will be. Equivalent of 1, maybe 2 areas in the main campaign? More?
>Inb4 they make enough side campaigns to double the game's content
>And They have segments in areas akin to Five Pebbles (Unfortunate Development)

>Leading a pack of Slugcat Pups through UD
Please no.

>sacrificing your slugcat children to predators to appease them
please yes

It guides you in the general direction of the story.

Orange guy is something like the "main quest"

It's probably gonna take place in another part of the world.
So "new" regions. Probably.

Nothing says they can't reuse ideas. Hell, they even mention how there are a bunch of bots all working on the Big Problem and ones like Straw who claim to have found the solution, but are also dead. There's plenty of possibilities, like someone equivalent to 5 Pebbles who decided to make abominations inside their body.

Of course. I just meant that they're probably gonna re-use assets for the most part because making new ones seemed like it'd take forever.
Not that it's a bad thing. I'm just looking forward for new areas to explore. A map editor would be great.

Fair enough, yeah.
>Map Editor
Imagine if they managed to make this game moddable.
>Custom game modes like Capture the Flag, but with one of those glow in the dark spindle maggot things
>Arena combat in the vein of PU's Battleground, Hunger Games, and all that, last Slugcat standing
>Play as other creatures

>Play as a Lizard
Shit would be so fun

Will I like this game if I loved Hollow Knight?

>Dedicated hissing button
>Orange gives you packbros

>Purple is the average lizard with not weaknes nor advantages
>Green is the tank who has a dash attack
>Blue can walk through the background and has a little tongue
>White is blue but faster and with more range, but also weaker
>Orange has a backup call / can localize if enemies are near on the map
>I haven't encountered any Red ones

Reds lock on to you and just never stop chasing you. They're super agressive.

Don't forget Chameleon.
>Can lie in wait for your prey
>Longest tongue of any Lizard type
Red are like White, an Axolotl-type, but more aggressive.

Wait is the game actually good and allows you to get lost and explore?

Oh yes, being lost is part of the experience.

If by get lost you mean get murdered and raped
Yes

>larger lung capacity while swimming
Holy shit, I might be able to finally get out of here.

Wait, is that the pit just before the path to Ventilation?

>karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths
Oh so they respawn? I thought they were a one time thing

Where's that? I didn't struggle at all at shoreline but drainage system made me want to die

I thought so too, but apparently not.

Bottom left of the Drainage system. I don't know where the gate in the lower left leads to (I got in from the Outskirts), but I made the mistake of resting in the nest that's just under the hunger bar, and now I cannot get out without having to do an underwater section.

So literally everything is to make the game easier

I'd head to the right if I were you.There's a way out (to the wastelands I think?), but it was hard for me to get through. The stunsnails really helped. Bigger lungs in the patch should let you get there without much trouble, use the little pipes for air. Just don't do what I did and head left again afterwards or you'll do a loop.

fuck

Also if I remember right, the door to the right has a minimum karma requirement, so no worries there

I cannot head any other way than right. Left ultimately leads to a gate, but from this side it requires 4 karma, while up (the path I've come from) gets me stuck in the tall room with water at the bottom, which cannot be scaled.

I miss Sup Forums comics

I feel your pain, that's the first area I got stuck in. And I had smaller lungs. Down and right should get you outta there alright.

Yep, I almost managed to do it once (then a lizard got me). Thanks for the tips anyway.

Send help

I'm seriously getting spooked now

SNIPPETY SNAP!
>hear snipping sounds
>assume fetal position

didn't even know there were tentacle things in that place

What? There's nothing but scissor birds and small centipedes.

There is nothing in memory crypts right? i went right to the leg and i hope i haven't miss anything important

I went back through it and I think there's maybe one secret, but it seems like anything other than passing through gets you out-of-bounds instead of somewhere important.

>six grains of gravel, mountains abound

what the fuck was that about?

You know when some people have an identity crisis and they find religion and change their name because their old one was their 'slave name'...

Just how intelligent are Slugcats? They are social creatures that use tools to survive, so they're up there, but to what extent? Is Moon's talking to him some sort of telepathy that would work for any creature? Why is Slugcat so fucking stoic?

All of these are super good changes. Can't wait to start it up again.

About as smart as primitive human hunter-gatherers.
I assume Moon speaks to the PC with her voice since she's clearly capable of emitting terrified shrieks.

>Skimming Rain World thread
>Someone mentions Monk quest
>Start anew because I'm not very far
>Eat nothing but fruits and veggies
>Max Karma
>Building towards Survivor quest

I guess I have to finish Survivor before starting other quests? I never know with this game.

That's correct. You have to get Survivor before any other quests start.

IIRC, it's Survivor and 1 more Sleep cycle before other Quests can appear.
Also, idea.
If the game ever gets custom level support,
I Wanna be the Slugcat.
A Kayin and Solgryn experimental project.

Currently at the Sky Islands. Where the heck do I find the way to the Communications Array?

If you entered by Chimney canopy, then all the way up, if you didn't then i don't know

There's one central hibernation spot close to the canopy. The way to coms array is the upper left tunnel on the outside of the block. Have a bad drawing from my poor memory.

I came from Farm Arrays, but I think I know how to reach the Chimney Canopy gate.

Thanks, I'll try reaching it tomorrow. I heard there's just a pearl up there but I'd love to bring it back to Moon.

>really love the idea of rain world
>too casual to play it
bummer

Just save scum

Get good and all the work shall sing your praises.
Not really.

Devs are working on making it a little less unforgiving so you should still consider trying it.
Pirate it at the very least.

oh

well okay then

>fun times
>Not "An Average Day in Rain World"

Moments like this make me go full DSP.

>99 Cycles
>Running around with 2 cells
Jesus.

i take my time, and i like to explore.

Can I transfer saves in this game? I pirated it but I'm willing to pay for it if I can get these updates.

How do you guys stand playing this game on 1080p monitor? It's either in a window or blurry because it caps out at 1360x768. So bizarre that it can't run at 1920x1080 at least

I didn't really notice anything wrong with it and I have that resolution. Definitely would be nice to see it supported but I can live with it.
Reason why it isn't though is because a lot of the game runs off legacy code. Originally the engine was only meant for handling spreadsheets.

I don't even notice. The only display related issue I have with this game is that my monitor has some back light bleed and this game loves its dark environments.

I think they should change the color indication for white lizards, not knowing whenever a vicious predator or a harmless bat is gonna pop up is harsh

If you pay attention you'll notice that the lizards take up 3 colored bars on the pipes instead of 1 like the bats do.

Oh never mind me then I'm an idiot

PROTIP: Even if you don't like the game, copy the OST to another folder before you refund. It's fucking dope. Forty tracks, too.

Comfy slug

I pirated this game but I don't even understand how to play it

I met a big fucking bird creature in some open areas and top of some buildings, do I have to kill it? can I kill it? or just keep running ?

>when you swim downwards
>that spider like silhouette emerging from the deep abyss
sweet fucking christ.
i love this game.

There are no bosses and you can kill almost anything that moves.

is there any use killing anything?
is there any upgrade for the character?