Do you think Sup Forums would benefit from having flags?

Do you think Sup Forums would benefit from having flags?

If so, why and how?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12691116
strawpoll.me/12691153
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.
People already fail to talk about vidya 90% of the time, we don't need to throw flags into the mix too.

Amen

Not like there's any games worth talking about in the first place.

this

Yes. After the initial novelty wares off we'll be left with a system where you can learn a little more about where someone's opinion is coming from. For instance, if I saw a leaf talking about a game, I'd know that what I was reading was, in fact, a shitpost.

We political videogames now /vpol/

You could just go to Sup Forums. I bet they could actually have a decent discussion about video games.

No, geographic location is completely irrelevant to vidya discussion

ID's on the other hand

Rake posters only originated on pol, bet you dont even know why aussies get a pass.

No but we desperately need IDs to weed out shitposting

I don't care if I see their flags or not I just want more options in filtering. Being able to filter countries would be a good start.

/thread
IDs would be good though

We just need a Canada filter desu.

This is true but it would still be fun

IDs wouldn't fix shit, banning mobile posting would fix a lot.

I never understood the fascination behind blaming mobile posters for anything other than the occasional typo.

yes!
flags and IDs for every board
and loosen the damn ban rules when it comes to words, and tighten them when it comes to all the loli pics and stuff. I shouldn't get banned for bringing down the wrath of god upon terrorists/fags/sjws, just because I'm a peace, god, and love loving tax payer.

Then you're fucking retarded.

Ah yes, good argument. All is clear now.

It doesn't benefit video game discussion to know the region a poster posts from.

>IDs wouldn't fix shit

IDs aren't about fixing things they just help weed out samefags and you can also highlight a posters comments in a thread which is handy for backtracking posts

No, it's not relevant.

Nope. Look how decisive Sup Forums is now and then imagine instead of factionalising along hardware lines people could also just give shit to countries. It would just add another layer of easy trolling. Flag boards use them for a reason, either to show which country is supporting their sporting team/code, which country is espousing politics, or which country some Australian is giving shit to.

Because they're retarded and think only mobile posters can evade bans.

>shitpost
>airplane mode
>new ID
>repeat
IDs wouldn't fix shit while mobileposting exists.

It's the easiest way to ban evade and many people (including myself) wouldn't bother ban evading if I couldn't do it as easy as I can now.

No but it would be funny and given how this place is already a shithole to begin with, you might as well.

Put flags on, let people roll luck in the name field and bring back dubs

>decisive

divisive

>IDs wouldn't fix shit
Funny thing is, last time a I saw a thread shifted by a mod to Sup Forums 90% of the bullshit was coming from the same person looking to stir up shit, and he was too stupid to realise that thread IDs were on, let a lone understand how they worked.

This. IDs would tone down on the samefagging.

Rangeban Canadians, Americans and Brazilians.

Boom!

Sup Forums becomes good with no dumbfuck shitposting again.

Thank you. I knew I was screwing up my wording.

Most people wouldn't bother restarting their router? Gonna call bullshit. It's just as easy as mobile except you have to wait for the router.

You're forgetting Aussies who's entire culture is based on shitposting

Still doesn't negate the fact Id's are conducive to large threads where its easy to keep track of one posters posts in an entire thread at a glance

Also not every shitposting samefag is a phoneposter

there would be literally no downsides to IDs in Sup Forums

IDs would fix everything. Samefagging would stop. And those annoying threads that is filled with people posting reaction images to a dumb fucking post will stop because it's always one dude doing it. Shitposting will stop since it's blatantly easy to see who is who thanks to IDs.

>shitpost
>airplane mode
>new ID
>repeat
A ton of people don't do this. IDs aren't meant to be a perfect solution to samefagging. but they will help mitigate the problem.

Learn the difference between static and dynamic IPs you stupid fuck. Every phone can change their IP, not every router/modem can. And yes while I myself do have dynamic, I don't like waiting so I don't bother.

It's an American site with a majority of American posters and probably the majority of people who buy passes. Good luck with that.

Yes

But only for Canadians

>pro ID retards
Might as well just make people register for the site, fuck off babbies.

So we really need to get rid of mobile posters and people with dynamic IPs

>Might as well just make people register for the site

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not already there

Yes we can disregard American and Australian posts

yes because I could fap to all the genuine japs that post here

No.

Just allow when making a thread to have a toggle for "this thread will use thread ID's"

Difference between make and optional, retard.

Easter?

Hahahaha. You naive user.

As an Aussie I take offence to that remark. Our culture is based around casual racism. It's our sport that is based around shitposting.

Yes, so that I can instantly invalidate a post when I see a leaf next to it.

Your syntax is all over the place lad

apply yourself

Don't blame me for your lack of comprehension.

>He can't afford a pass
Keep helping google for free dickhead. You're just training the drones that will one day bomb your mud-hut.

>why does muslim nations care about easter on Sup Forums Sup Forums?

>anons pro IDs on a board which gives freedom to post ANONYMOUSLY
Though, with all the shitposting, goldfaces, and samefags trying to stir shit like consoles wars and "le glorious PC race" I don't blame some being pro ID. Anons cause their own downfall.

t. leaf

You're still anonymous you fucking retard.

The only master race threads I ever see anymore are people bitching about nothing to play after spending 2-5k on a new pc and regretting not buying a ps4

Having a dynamic IP is interesting.
I post from home, but I connect via wifi. The hotspot is constantly changing my IP automatically every few hours or so.
When I get a new IP and attempt to post again, I often encounter an old expired ban. Forcing me to read the message before I can post.
On some occasions the ban isn't expired. So I'm forced to reset my connection in order to evade a ban that wasn't even meant for me. This used to happen a lot when I was connecting through T-mobile. It happens less so using an xfinity hotspot.

So basically, what I figured out is that there are just a ton of IPs being burned through by shitposters getting themselves banned. And then I have to swim in the same pool of IPs. It's both fascinating and annoying. And opened my eyes up to how much dynamic IPs are abused.

you do realize that id's are generated on-thread-basis and effectively all they do is not let you samefag, right

It's no secret that the boards are Anonymous at face level, scratch the surface and Sup Forums has all the info it needs, what do you think Hiro sells

Flags wouldn't do much, I think thread specific ID's would be more effective. It would really cut down on the false flagging and samefagging.

>stopping OP from bumping their own thread will stop samefagging!!!!!!
>adding a unique poster counter will stop samefagging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>ADDING THREAD IDS WILL STOP SAMEFAGGING!!!!!!!!!
>A-A-ADDING BOARD WIDE IDS WILL STOP SAMEFAGGING R-R-RIGHT

fuck off nu-Sup Forums reddit invaders
you won't stop bitching until Sup Forums requires a registered account. you want that shit? stick with reddit, neogaf or somethingawful.

>flags
>good
ok explain me how it would not lead to
>country flag
>meme token answer resulting in further derail
you might as well bring dubs back as well at this point

flags would intensify the shitposting and even less vide game will the focus of discussion.

Falseflagging is a disease, user.

ID allows annoymous posting, it's just that in a single thread every piece of shit you spout is tagged to one number. Only inveterate shitposters don't like it because it means they have to make an effort to disguise themselves.

I found the triggered Swede.

Go back to your cuckshed faggot.

Those are false flag threads user, no one spends over 2k on a pc in real life.

IDs are generated based on the thread you idiot

>fuck off nu-Sup Forums reddit invaders

I've been here 10 years and would still prefer Sup Forums with IDs, Sup Forums isn't the place it was years back, face it Sup Forums is as mainstream as it gets

No to flags. Yes to thread specific IDs and banning all mobile users from posting.

Thread IDs literally promote actual discussion.

When there's a retarded shitposter in the thread you can just ignore him because he has the same ID as always in that same thread.

No, just IDs

>I've been here 10 years
Newfag, I've been here 34 and your type come and go. Just like all of my clients when I was a whore.

Grab a dictionary and look up what a term means before using it. Shitposters throwing out random buzzwords like "flaseflag" without understanding them is far more cancerous than any imaginary samefagging. Also you remember how IDs stopped samefagging on Sup Forums, right? Or how it fixed Sup Forums, yeah? Fuck off back where you came from

Rangeban BRs, leafs, and mobileposters and I guarantee board quality will improve

>random buzzwords
Pot, kettle, black, etc.

nigga i've been here since noko and when newfags couldn't 7

>Also you remember how IDs stopped samefagging on Sup Forums, right? Or how it fixed Sup Forums, yeah? Fuck off back where you came from

What the fuck are you even talking about? Lurk more kid.

VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
strawpoll.me/12691116
strawpoll.me/12691116
strawpoll.me/12691116

the mojority of the site poster are burgers. it wont change shit.

Talking about when board IDs were added on Sup Forums in a failed attempt to ""fix""" the board that only led to even more rampant shitposting and you exposed yourself by not knowing LOL
No surprise that nu-Sup Forums redditors are the only ones in favor of IDs

>stopped samefagging on Sup Forums,

Nobody ever tried to fix Sup Forums therin lies the proof that IDs are not there to fix things and as for Sup Forums ID's are helpful to discussion

There is not a single downside to having thread-specific IDs, not a single thing

/vint/ was already a drop test of this. Needless to say everyone obtained enough data so as to pinpoint the source of shitposting, with parallels to a certain politics board to back up the results.

I think it would only be completely necessary if anons forget, and luckily April 1st drops around every year.

Only Sup Forums shitposters want flags because they want all boards to be nothing but "funny" banter.
Only redditors want IDs because they hate the idea of anonymity and wish they could develop fame at least on a threadly basis through farming (you)s as upboats.

Just remove the word cuck. why did that filter get removed but desu and baka didn't?

Then why are you justifying yourself to other posters? You should know better you stupid bastard.

It'd be interesting to see how console fanboyism broke down by country, but irrelevant beyond that.

I'm not a regular Sup Forums browser. But one one of my infrequent visits, I went into a thread, and someone noted how the OP wasn't posting in his own thread. And that realization snapped The situation into perspective. I had been reading a troll thread. The OP just posted something inflammatory and then disappeared.
Armed with that knowledge, I made the decision not to post in that thread, and in fact ignore it.

So yeah, IDs on Sup Forums actually improved my browsing experience.

>Thread ID's means you lose anonymity.

Once the thread is dead again you're anonymous and no one will know how BTFO you were when you get a second thread.

IDs are thread specific. It's not a nickname, you get a bunch of random letters and numbers. It's easier to know if you're talking to the same person.
But fuck tripfags.

>Nobody ever tried to fix Sup Forums

looks like /r/Sup Forums have invaded this thread!!!!!!!!!

because it would be even more racist. and detract from the ahem, '''''discussion''''' or whatever that means around these parts.

How would you farm (You)s when everyone can clearly see you're being a samefagging shitposter? People would ignore you.

You forgot some other people as well

strawpoll.me/12691153

They should add a shop to Sup Forums where you can spend your (you).

What stuff should be added to the shop?

>Then why are you justifying yourself to other posters?

My point was not everyone who would like IDs is new here, hence the justification, it's not difficult to understand user, it's not a difficult concept to grasp.