Never fell for the Elder Scrolls meme here, is Morrowind any good?

Never fell for the Elder Scrolls meme here, is Morrowind any good?

it's the only good game in the series

No it aged like nigger cum.

Skyrim has the best gameplay in the series, but the least depth.

Morrowind has the most depth in the series, but the worst gameplay.

That's all there is to it, user.

and what about oblivion?

>most depth
>95% of NPCs have copy pasted dialogue

>Skyrim has the best gameplay in the series

>being THIS underage
kek

Morrowind is God tier everything save for the shit tier combat.

Yes. Key thing to remember is that it's only an action RPG in presentation. There's still numbers rolling in the background determining everything you do.

Also, don't be a bitch and ROLL.

oblivion is somewhere in the middle
but it has the worst character models

rolling for shits and giggles

>posting a rolling image on Sup Forums
confirmed for retarded. can't get doubles on Sup Forums so no Orc Bard, or Argonian Mage or no fucking Kajiit thief.
go. fuck. right. off.

>best world in the series
>doesn't hold your hand
>no waypoints, all you have to find your objectives are directions from point A to point B written in your journal
>weapons are ass, just go with spells

The game gets better once you make a Jump spell (you can travel really far with just one jump) and the world and towns are interesting, but the game really doesn't hold your hand.

I'd give it a try if I were you. Expect to get your ass kicked a lot. Try playing OpenMW (or whatever the best alternative is) and get a mod to disable Cliff Racers

It's pretty good for the first 20 hours or so before you get used to the atmosphere and realise the quests are all MMO-tier

It's one of the best crpgs ever.

fuck it

>Actually non instanced non restrictive and non linear quests where you can literally go to the boss of a quest and kill him without having ever started the quest, and/or can complete any stage of the quest by pulling alternative solving methods
>MMO tier
What MMOs are you playing? I want to play them too.

Except most of the quests aren't like that at all

It does. Actions have consequences and everything you do has meaning.

The combat is the best in the series bar none.

Compared to what though? Its no Ninja Gaiden or even Dark Souls but none of its sequels have good melee combat. Better, sure, but still shit to the point that it doesn't really matter.

>actions have consequences

the only notable consequence is whether to join the thieves or fighters guild

Still more than Skyrim.

Not as good as arx fatalis

morrowind has the best magic system, which is part of gameplay. the usefulness of magic in and out of combat stands high above the rest

>The combat is the best in the series bar none.
I'll give you that but plenty of gameplay mechanics have been dumbed down throughout the series.

Name me a game series that hasn't been dumbed down over the years. That's just how it works. Instead of making an interesting and deep experience, companies want to make money by appealing to the lowest common denominator (mostly console baddies).

Except the very quest structure is like that, they are literally scripted that way.

But that's simply not true.

I hate the quests in this game because they are not interesting in a story sense. There is virtually never an interesting reason to do something, there is no intrigue, it's just a sentence or two about what to get and where to go. It's fucking boring.

Mods mods mods. It didnt age well. I, personally, got too used to things in games like physics and object collision. My favorite thing aboot the game was the 20 dagger stabs per second.

Oblivion is better and is the greatest game ever made.

Play Oblivion first then cringe at 30 years old dice roll mechanics in a real time first person game with you try Muh Rowinds.

Except it is.
Most of quest triggers are not scripted in a linear way, if you will get, for example, an item necessary for the quest by any means necessary accounted or not accounted by original quest design, the trigger will still activate, unlike something like the Witcher where unless you do it in a specific order at a specific place the trigger won't activate, especially with Witcher sense quests.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way for most quests at all

any quest where you find something specific, sometimes even when finding NPCs

It works like this literally for all quests that are not triggered by NPC dialogues or an event, which is almost ever single quest.

Best quest structure ever. You were given the objective. Maybe some tips on how to complete it. Then yoi could do whatever the fuck yoi wanted to do to complete it as long as the desired end result was the same. Thats why i loved this game. The way it was intended to be played was however you wanted to play it. Sure, skyrim was open world, but everything was still so linear.

The "minute of you post" category is pretty lame. I just waited until I got The Lady.

It's the best game in the series. Daggerfall is great as well. The rest are alright too, but these two games are Elder Scrolls at its best.

>meme
>bait or stupid

You can always tell someones age based on which TES game they enjoyed first.

You know what always confused me? Where did you travel to in Tribunal?

Can anybody post that races of tamriel image that is actually a joke about stealth archery? thanks

Mournhold is the capital of Morrowind. Vvardenfell is only one island in a much larger country.

Tes 3: Vvardenfell?

much obliged