How does Sup Forums handle DLC?

How does Sup Forums handle DLC?

Do you still play a game if you don't own all DLC?

Do you only purchase games if it comes with all DLC?

Do you simply not give a fuck about DLC?

Do you just not play vidya?

Buy game then pirate all DLC if the overall price is more than half of base game

It's important to distinguish between full expansions and superfluous content, and DLC that comes out on day 1 and stuff that comes out months later, instead of just lumping all DLC together.

Pirate everything and then buy a complete edition including all dlc 2 years later when it's 5 bucks on steam

Depends entirely on the game.
Out of the Total War series I've only played Warhammer, but I only bought Chaos because I wanted to play 'em and the other two DLC armies that I'm not as interested in are available to fight against in the campaign regardless.

If the game is definitely going to get a bunch of story expansions I wait for a sale/complete edition unless it's something I want to play straight away.

doesn't the pirated dlc fuck the steam version of the game?

if its big dlc, i'll pirate it unless it costs less than $15 or 30% of the game cost. if it goes on sale while im still playing (and enjoying) the pirated dlc, then i'll buy it if it meets the previous requirements
if its a small dlc (like cosmetic stuff) then i'll just pirate it

I've come to realize that buying DLC isn't worth it
I've bought so much DLC and I just never enjoy it as much as the base game, or I just don't play it even after buying it.

This is the best approach

I'll buy a game and play it through. I refuse to buy any and all DLC though. I think it represents everything wrong with the industry today.

I usually torrent single player games anyway. So far I only paid DLC for Borderlands 2 (goty edition bonuses). BL2's DLC's have "content" in it, otherwise if I had money, I would pay for witcher 3 DLCs as well, I enjoyed them

>$85.90
You are like a little baby, watch this

Train simulator?

No, it's actually MGSV, I chose the filename for shits and giggles

I imagine so

Oh boy Paradox sale weekend.

There was a time when their DLC would become 75% off or more during sales.

Now it's all fucking garbage.

If it's a company making a niche type of game that i enjoy and want to support I'd think about buying dlc. Like, I didn't mind buying outfits for street fighter 4.

Otherwise i don't like being nickled and dimed over piecemeal bits of game content and would rather they would go back to the old method of expansion packs that add as much value as the base game.

I haven't bought dlc since like black ops 1 and fable 2

Will usually:
>Buy vanilla game.
>Wait for the release a couple of years later with all of the DLC on a disk included.
>Exchange original disk for new one with DLC on.

If a game doesn't release like a "GOTY Edition" or something, I won't bother getting any of the DLC.

>buying Paradox DLC
Nice try Jewhan

Do you have a better option?

Yeah.

Give up on Paradox like I did.

Pirating them?
>inb4 it endangers your steam account

Avoid paying too much money for DLC heavy games and just avoid paying for DLC altogether. It's almost never worth it nowadays.

What is this meme it's getting weird.

You have a link?

>How does Sup Forums handle DLC?
Idc
>Do you still play a game if you don't own all DLC?
Yes, pirate it
>Do you only purchase games if it comes with all DLC?
Correct
>Do you simply not give a fuck about DLC?
semi correct
>Do you just not play vidya?
I do

Ask /gsg/

Good one.

Maybe you're lucky and catch them between a massive eruption of autism and shitposting
Who am I kidding, of course you won't

I wait for the inevitable GOTY or Definitive release

I literally have never bought DLC individually

was there ever a seasonpass for train station?

I've been waiting for a one lump sum for the entire EU4 package for literally years.

>endangers your Steam account

I add my pirated games onto my Steam games list as non-Steam games with their correct names as well